Chapter 2

JUST Best Friends?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun P.O.V.

6.00 DANGIT. Oh well. Doesn't hurt to be late on the first day now does it? No. No. Gotta start off on the right foot here. Get. Out. Of. Bed. NOW.  I opened my eyes as light flooded the room.  First day of school and I already know I'm going to be late.  Great.

I climbed out of bed headed for the shower. The house was quiet. Umma and Appa already left for work then. They COULD have awakened me. No. There’s no more hot water. HOW DO TWO PEOPLE USE IT ALL UP BEFORE 6:00? It’s a good thing I drive because there is NO way I’m taking the bus today. Or any other day.

Feeling the hot water finally pour over me, I, like every teenager, used this time to think.

This marks my first full real year of real high school in America.  I enrolled in the spring semester of what should have been my sophomore year.  But because of the whole stupid American credit system, they’ve set me back a year, so I’m still a sophomore. But, I’m taking math and science classes with students who are older than me. Because I, Cho Kyuhyun, am a math genius.  Always have been, always will be.

My parents told me that I’m going to the newest, biggest high school in our state.  It’s I guess supposed to be “fancy.” We’ll see how “fancy” it is.

Driving up to the student parking lot, my parents weren’t kidding.  It was lined with windows facing the city.  I had never seen this place as beautiful, because nothing is more beautiful than the Seoul skyline, but I hoped for classes on the top floors.  Busses were still pulling in.  I guess I’m not that late. Grabbed my sunglasses, bag, and headed towards the tall glass doors.

Whoa. There’s TV’s everywhere. This place just may be good enough. I stared in awe at the architecture when two underclassmen were giggling in the corner. Nothing’s changed. Girls will be girls.

The bell rang. Shoot. I don’t even know where my classes are. I don’t even know where my schedule is. Kyuhyun. Stay calm.

“Ma’am, would you happen to know where I can get a schedule?” I asked a passing teacher.

“Third floor, they are handing out the junior’s schedules”
She assumed I was an upperclassman? Pfft. I WISH. I had every right to be

Please log in to read the full chapter