Chapter 7

JUST Best Friends?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The week passed by quickly. We were certainly beginning to get into the swing of things. Homework and essays were being assigned and test dates were being given out. I had 6 classes though so it wasn't as bad as it could be since everyone else had 7. My Chinese class ran for two periods since it was at a different location. Chinese I, Algebra II, Biology, Advanced US History, Advanced English and Technical Theater. I really don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for Technical Theater. I don't know what I was expecting and I didn't really have a good reason to take it. I just needed something to fit in that period.

We had this really huge concert hall, complete with a theater, practice rooms, specific rooms for our high school band, orchestra, and choir. It was quite fancy and our school was very fortunate indeed. Since I was a junior, and I've been in the U.S for 3 years now, I hadn't experienced Korean high schools, but I just hoped I was getting a good education here in the United States so I could keep up with my classmates in Korea. I think that is every transfers' fear. Well, at least for my cousin and I.

It was finally Friday, and rumor is we are having our first fire drill. I can already tell this is going to be a mess because if registration was unorganized and the first day of school was so unorganized and my shuttle bus can't even make to my 3rd hour on time, we are all doomed. I also hear it's after B lunch…according to the annoying immature boys who occupy the back of the bus and think they're "the ish" because they don't want to get in trouble for cussing. They apparently won't find it necessary to go to 6th hour.

*bzz bzz* annnnnd there goes my phone. Wonder who remembered me this early in the morning? So much for sleeping. Oh well. Hehe KakaoTalk. Makes my life so much easier.

 

From: Jiwon Unnie

Yah! Dongsaeng, have a good day today at school. It's the weekend and I'm headed to the club with a new friend of mine. He thinks you're cute;)

 

To: Jiwon Unnie

Unnie! Thank you.^^ I'll try. It's the weekend and I'll get to see Yoo Ra tonight so I will. No Unnie. Please don't. I'm halfway across the world.

 

From: Unknown Number

Yo wassup baby! Yo Heechul's the name, don't wear it out. I think you're kinda cute and that's a compliment coming from me. Because I'm prettier than most women.

 

From: Jiwon Unnie

Did he text you? I'm SO SORRY. He took your number from my phone. It's okay. He's fun and harmless;) Thank me later! Gotta go, we're at the club now!

 

To: Jiwon Unnie

YAH! UNNIE! YOU CRAZY. TT.TT

 

I can already tell this is going to be an eventful day. Oh. Boy. Hehe. Kyuhyun. If this fire drill happens maybe I can find him and we can finally have a real conversation.  The bus lurched to a stop throwing everyone who was already standing up forward. And the frenzy that ensued was a clue as to how the rest of my day was going to go. Help me God. Here we go again.

 

Chinese class.

*Bzzz*

From: Unnie's Crazy Friend

Heyyyyyy baby. Why you no reply? No one rejects Kim Heechul.

 

"Ri An, since you're texting, and not paying attention, will you please repeat numbers 1-10 in Chinese for us?

STUPID. HOOCHUL. HEECHUL. WHATEVER HIS NAME IS.

"Yi, Er, San, Si, Wu, Liu, Qi, Ba, Jiu, Shi" I replied with a bored tone.

"Correct. Please pay attention now."

 

Shuttle Back to the school.

Yes. A little rest. I sighed and blasted Before You Go to relax me. Changmin's voice. Oooooooh. *DING* The notification interrupted his high note. AISH.

 

From: Unnie's Crazy Friend

Yo yo yo man. What it dooooooo. The club is crazzzzzzyy tonight. Errbody gettin' crazy. What time is it in the America?

 

To: Unnie's Crazy Friend

I am in school right now and would appreciate if you didn't message me. Thank You.

 

Can someone say creepy? I didn't tell him I lived in the States. I sighed once more and closed my eyes. Hopefully that'll do it. Changmin's next high note. I waited for it… *DING* Oh my…ugh. Aish.

 

From: Unnie's Crazy Friend

Yo Baby! You replied! Well of course you did. No woman can resist this;)

 

Okay. I seriously hate Jiwon Unnie right now. This guy needs to stop texting me.

 

To: Jiwon Unnie

Tell your crazy friend to stop messaging me.

 

There's no point in sleeping now. Or trying to enjoy Changmin's beautiful voice.

 

From: Jiwon Unnie

Ahhh come on! Just go with it. Who knows;)

 

Time to run for life again to class. I think I'll make it this time. 5 minutes till the bell rings. It'll be my first time to class ON TIME.

Running up to the third floor, I noticed I'm not breathing as hard. Hmm. All this running must be putting me in shape somehow. I guess it's good for something after all.

I walked in JUST as Kyuhyun entered and waved at him.

"Hi Kyuhyun-sshi"

"Hello" he replied and sat down at his desk. Seriously. Is that all he is going to say? He can't be THAT shy. Come on, I'm supposed to be the shy one here.

"Did you finish the math homework?"

"Yeah I did. Did you?" he replied. YES. A CONVERSATION FINALLY.

"Of course. It was easy." Whoops. Not to brag. But it was. Oh. I'm sure he's a math genius who thinks this class is a joke anyways. I know I do.

*BZZZ* Oh. my .gosh. If this is that crazy guy, I'm going to

Please log in to read the full chapter