Chapter 9

JUST Best Friends?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ri An’s POV:

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP

 

Why does Yoora’s alarm have to be so dang loud. WHY is Yoora’s alarm going off in the first place. 

 

“Yah! Wake up! I have a list of things for us to do today.” Yoora shut off her alarm as I lay there, snuggling into her pink zebra striped blanket. 

 

“Time?” I sleepily asked. 

 

“It’s eight. Come on, get up before Eomma comes in here and gets us up.” She was being so insistent, and I just wanted to continue my dream. 

 

“30 minutes.” and I turned away from her. No one was going to mess with my dreams. 

 

“Fine. You were probably dreaming about Kyuhyun anyways”, and she settled back into her own covers. I smiled and his face appeared in my head as I was swept away to dreamland.

 

We were driving on some road away from the city, with the windows down and SHINee was playing on the radio. He drove stickshift, and every so once in awhile, would glance over at me, as my right hand met the warm summer air outside. Suddenly, the car window rolled up, and I freaked out, drawing my hand back inside quickly. Looking over at him, he snerked, “A bug might hit your hand.” and I knew it was true, “but it’s so fun, and the air is so warm.” 

 

Suddenly, the breeze stopped, and Kyuhyun’s face became blurrier, as a noise resembling a car horn filled my ears. I groaned as Yoora’s face met my sleepy eyes. “I was wondering when you were going to get cold. It’s almost nine!” She moved the fan away from me, and back onto her desk. 

 

It was time to get up, and my dream was definitely just going to have to wait. “GIRLS!” A loud voice from downstairs floated to my ears. 

 

“Just in time.” and Yoora flung her door open, flying downstairs. I sleepily lunked down the stairs, almost tripping on the last step. 

 

The table was set with paper plates and American breakfast? That was always a treat. “Eat up. We’re going shopping today!” her mother said as she set down the last plate of pancakes on the table.

 

I stuffed my face with pancakes and sausage, before retreating to bathroom to get ready. Yoora always took FOREVER, so I had to beat her to the shower. Luckily she was also a slow eater. Shoving the rest of my boiled egg in my mouth, I stood up and thanked my aunt for breakfast. She nodded, and excused me. I raced upstairs noticing Yoora had only finished one of her pancakes. Such a little bird. 

 

———————————

 

 

A whole hour and a half had passed before we were both ready to go. Yoora was driving us, and I was a bit scared for my life, but I was going to be a supportive cousin. 

 

“Where to first?” she asked, after putting the car in drive. 

 

“Bank, I need some cash.”

 

“Alright.” 

 

“So, I heard you talking about him this morning” Danggit. I knew my dream was too good.

 

“Hey, I also heard Super Junior is coming out with a new song.” I cleared my throat signaling that we were not going there again.

 

“Don’t try to change the subject on me.” 

 

“Whoops, too late.” I smiled at her. “Did you have a nice dream with dancer dude? I heard you talking in your sleep sometime this morning when I got up to use the bathroom.”

 

She blushed a bit, using the moment to look into her rearview mirrors for the non-existent traffic. “I did, thank you very much. And I’ll even admit it too.” 

 

“Oh really now?” 

 

“Yeah. He asked me to homecoming, and I bought that pink dress we saw at the boutique a few weeks ago. He even wore pink with me!” 

 

“Isn’t he supposed to match you anyways? What kind of guy is he if he’s not going to match with you at homecoming?” 

 

“At least he brushes his teeth.” she triumphantly smiled. 

Please log in to read the full chapter