Chapter 11

JUST Best Friends?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Ri An's POV

So, Yoora invites Kyuhyun out to eat with us, and I have no idea where we're going to go, but Yoora's driving, so that means my dream of a nice juicy Big Mac is out of question, and so is my Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, and we're probably going to some We're-Trying-To-Be-Fast-Food-But-Fancier-And-Better-And-Healthier kind of restaurant. I'm spacing out, walking out, until I hear her call shotgun. Great. That means I'm driving. But that still means we're going to end up at a wannabe fast food place.

"So, what kind of food do you like to eat, Kyuhyun?" Yoora's trying to make up for the awkward moments from before.

"Anything, really. I'm a man. I eat whatever." he replies. 

I roll my eyes as noticeably as possibile, and Yoora elbows me. He keeps a straight face, but a grin tugs at his lips, and he puts on  some shades I hadn't noticed hanging from his shirt.

"Ri An, your turn to drive." Yoora says, and tosses me the keys.

"Geez. What company does your dad work for again?" We might not be able to see Kyuhyun's eyes, but the tone says it all. 

We look over at the BMW parked next to us, whose lights have conveniently blinked when I press the key. I don't answer him, and throw Yoora a look, so she says nothing either. He walks up to the car, and reaches for the door handle when an older lady starts screaming and turns her alarm on, pushing her basket as fast as she can. 

"Next one over, smart one." I casually walk to over to Yoora's borrowed Honda Civic, and watch him apologize profusely to the poor woman who looks ready to keel over from a heart attack.

Yoora bursts out laughing, and I merely nod an apology to the woman who is now putting her things away, as Kyuhyun scrambles to the other side of the vehicle where I motion for him to get in.

"Wow, could have said something." he says, buckling himself in the backseat behind Yoora. I turn on the car, and adjust my seat quietly, while Yoora snerks next to me. 

"Sorry, I didn't think you were serious." she says, before giggling all over again.

"I should've bought some extra popcorn inside Target" is all I say before pulling out of the parking space, while the BMW lady stares at us leaving. 

"So, what do you usually eat?" I ask again.

"I told you, anything's fine." he says, looking out the window.

"Chipotle? Panera Bread? Chick-Fil-A?" Yoora starts spouting her usual choices. 

"I've never been to any of those, so, surprise me." he casually states from the backseat.

"Chick-Fil-A. I want lemonade." I say, and we begin driving towards the center of town.

"What is Chipotle?" he suddenly pipes up.

"Burritos. Tacos. Mexican food, but not." Yoora says.

"Can we try there?" He asks, a bit more mildly and timid than usual.

"Gotta ask the driver. Ri An's calling the shots." Yoora merely says.

"Fine. But I'm still getting lemonade." I agree, and Kyuhyun sits back.

"So, have you been here long enough to try things?" I ask, trying to make conversation, because Yoora now apparently has nothing to say.

"Not really. I don't go out much." he says, sounding a little too proud of that feat.

"Why is that?" I ask.

"Games. I'm a gamer." and with that the conversation goes a bit dead. Yoora hates video games. I've never played many video games, so no one knows what

Please log in to read the full chapter