Chapter 6

JUST Best Friends?
Please log in to read the full chapter

I hate Mondays so much. 

I grabbed my iPod and breakfast and made my daily trek to the bus stop. It was going to be a nice day, and it was already hot. Good thing I wore shorts today. I got on the bus, ignoring everyone, plopped in my seat and tried to doze off. Stupid freshman couldn't be any quieter. Ugh. My phone vibrated. 

From: Yoo Ra 

Yah. Don't forget our bet. Hwaiting!~

I sighed as my thoughts turned towards Cho Kyuhyun.  I hope he's there today. Yoo Ra is crazy.... and I fell asleep. 15 minutes later, Daniel, my neighbor, and a less annoying kid poked me. "Hey. Rina. RINA. We're here" It's RI AN. Get my name right. I didn't bother correcting him. I sat up and began gathering my things. Lunch, check. iPod, check. Phone, check. ID, check. I'm always the last one to get off, a habit I formed because I hate leaving things behind, and I'm afraid I might drop my valuables one day and not recover them. I quickly bowed at the bus driver, thanked him, and got off. Just...a habit. We get to school quite early, about 25 minutes before the bell actually rings, so I looked for Kyuhyun. Where is he. He should be easy to spot. I scanned the crowds...and there were the two Korean guys from before. Oh gosh, here they come. What do I say?

"Annyeonghaseyo" I smiled and bowed slightly. 

"Ne! Annyeonghaseyo" they both replied, at the exact same time, with the exact same bow, and smiled at the exact same time. They're like twins. 

"We heard you're Korean and want to introduce ourselves" the baby-faced one said. "Donghae imnida."  

"And I'm Eunhyuk." said the other with a gummy smile. "We're best friends from Seoul, but he's really from Mokpo". Eunhyuk said motioning to Donghae.

I smiled . "Ri An. Cho Ri An imnida. And I'm also from Seoul."

They began grinning. Really, seriously. They should be twins. Donghae pulled out his phone and looked at the time. "We're going to be late if we don't leave soon!" and Eunhyuk ignored him. Hahaha. That's what Yoo Ra and I would do. 

"Well, Donghae here is rushing me, but if you have A lunch, feel free to join us. We have kimchi fried rice today. Cho Kyuhyun, he says he knows you, also joins us."

Oooh. Kyuhyun? Hmm. This . "I'm sorry. I have B lunch, so i can't join you, but maybe next semester or something." I said.

"Ahh is that so?" Eunhyuk replied as Donghae started tapping his feet. "Well, you'll have to excuse my friend's rudeness but we have to go now. See you around." I chuckled and waved goodbye. 

The bus came for my ride to Chinese, and another 2 hours, I was running across the school grounds to get to math class on time. I have never been late for a class and today will not be that day. And..there was the bell. And I wasn't even to the building yet. Well if I'm going to be late, might as well do it right. 

Armed with a pass from the offic

Please log in to read the full chapter