Chapter 8

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7AHCYJ4NIo

 

It was hard for Mi-Young to stay away from the orphanage but she knew what she had done was wrong and it would take a lot for Ji-Hoon to regain her trust again.

Mi-Young looked outside at the gray sky and blew her bangs. She laid in bed, bored, and thought about how to use her time more wisely. She walked into the bathroom and took a long, hot shower and changed into something more appropriate for the cooler weather. She pulled out a dress and a knit cardigan.

She left the house just before midday and decided to meet Doojoon for lunch. She drove towards Doojoon's gallery and parked outside on the street. She cheerfully greeted the recpetionist as she went in. "Hey Yeon-Jae. Could you tell me where Doojoon is please?"

"Hello Miss lee, Doojoon's just in his office right now with Dongwoon but you can go straight in," Yeon-Jae replied warmly.

Mi-Young knocked once on Doojoon's office door and walked in quietly. Doojoon's office was huge. In the corner, lights and camera's set up whilst Dongwoon was posing for the photographer. Dongwoon was a model of Doojoon's and was extremely handsome and friendly but he was definitely gay. She waved at the other photographers Doojoon was working with and stood patiently in the corner.

"Hey baby," Doojoon ran over and kissed Mi-Young on the lips. "Can you do a couple more shots of Dongwoon sitting down and then we'll call it a day," Doojoon called back to hiss employees, who were fussing over Dongwoon's hair and make-up.

"Yes Mr Yoon," they replied.

"I'll be another 10 minutes or so," he smiled at Mi-Young and touched her hand.

Mi-Young loved watching him work. It was as if he was in a different world. Doojoon instructed the photographers to take the pictures of Dongwoon and recorded the footage on his camera. She watched him as he did what he did best.

After the photoshoot was over, Mi-Young and Doojoon wandered into a local restaurant for some lunch. Mi-Young ordered 'Galbi-tang' and Doojoon ordered 'Kimchi-jjigae'. They conversed comofrtably whilst eating. Doojoon tried his best to cheer up Mi-Young after last nights incident. "How about tonight we go out for dinner?"

Doojoon thought that when he always wanted to propose to Mi-Young something would always come up and ruin the moment. So tonight, he decided to organise a special evening at their favourite restaurant and he would finally do it, no matter what. *Okay, I need to make a few calls after lunch to ensure this time it goes smoothly.*

"Sure. Where do you want to go? Arirang Folk restaurant?"

"Yeah, sounds good," Doojoon agreed.

"Oh and dress nicely," he reminded.

Mi-Young raised her eyebrow, "are you saying I don't always dress nicely?"

"No! That's not it, but tonight, it's extra special."

Mi-Young gave Doojoon a suspicious look, "okay..."

"I must head back now but I'll be home this evening as soon as I can," he kissed her on the lips, bid farwell and rushed out of the restaurant to begin making calls.

"Hello, It's Mr Yoon here. Can I order a bouquet of 20 white roses to be delivered to Arirang Folk Restaurant, 85-1 Chebu-dong, Jongno-gu by 5pm today please?" Doojoon ask the florist on the phone as he walked back to his company.

"Yes of course, that'll be 50,000₩. I'll charge it to your account Mr YoonThank you. Goodbye," the employee replied.

"Okay, next, dinner reservations." *This time, it better go to plan.*

Back at home, after cleaning the entire house so it was spotless after Hana's visit, Mi-Young rummaged through her wardrobe, throwing clothes everywhere, hoping to find something to wear that evening for dinner. She finally chose a simple but elegant black dress and classic black heels.

 

6 o'clock soon arrived and Doojoon called through the house as he entered their apartment. "MiMi, I'm home!"

She skipped out of the bedroom and ran towards him, leaping into his arms. "I missed you," she admitted and passionately kissed him.

"I'm going to jump in the shower and we'll leave in 20 minutes."

Whilst Doojoon was showering, Mi-Young received a from Ji-Hoon at the orphanage.

I guess you can come back to the orphanage tomorrow. The kids miss you here.

-Ji-Hoon

Mi-Young replied with an 'okay' and a smiley face and soon felt relief.

Dressed in his finest Gucci suit, Doojoon offered Mi-Young his hand as she stepped out of the car. They walked into the restaurant arm-in-arm. The waitress showed them to their table where the bouquet of roses were waiting.

Doojoon pulled out the chair for his love and sat opposite her.

"Ar...are...are these for me?" Mi-Young asked, touched.

"Of course," he grinned.

After they had eaten their main courses, their dessert arrived. Mi-Young was about to tuck in before Doojoon coughed and grabbed her hand across the table. "Actually there's something I want to ask you. I need to ask you."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "You're my best friend, the love of my life and the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'll never hurt, I'll love and cherish you for as long as I live. When we are not together, you are always in my mindI know it's going to be hard. I know that we will have our ups and downs, especially the first years, but I am confident that you are my soul mate and we are meant to be together."

Doojoon stood up kneeled down on one knee next to Mi-Young and pulled out a Tiffany&Co turquoise ring box. Mi-Young's heart skipped a beat

"Lee Mi-Young will you marry me?" Doojoon opened the box and there shon a diamond simple solitaire ring.

Mi-Young sat there stunned by Doojoon's beautiful, stunning, heart-felt words. She swallowed hard and took in his proposal. *Did Yoon Doojoon just propose to me?*

Her long silence nerved Doojoon.

"MiMi, please say something. Anything."

"Yes." Mi-Young smiled affectionately.

"What?" he blinked.

She chuckled at Doojoon's silliness. "I said yes you babo."

After a few seconds, her answer sunk into Doojoon. He stood up and pulled Mi-Young into an embracing hug. Everyone in the restaurant clapped and cheered the newly engaged couple.