Chapter 13

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUAzuHeJgg

 

Friday morning, Mi-Young woke up in a sleepy state. She dozily climbed out of bed and into the shower.

"Hello you," Doojoon greeted softly, walking into the bathroom whilst doing up his white linen shirt.

"Good morning," Mi-Young replied from the shower.

"I was thinking, after you finish at the orphanage today you should come to my work and we'll go through what style and theme of engagement photos we want doing. One of our partners has agreed to sit down with us and do the photos himself but today is the only day he's available."

*. Why does everything always come at once?* Mi-Young climbed out of the shower. Doojoon passed her a clean, white towel and she wrapped it around her, wet hair dripping down her back.

"I can't, I already said I'd go and have a drink with that new guy of ours at work. Hey, you should come and meet him. I think you'd get on well."

Doojoon wasn't the jealous type so he didn't have a reason to go for a drink with them. "I'll stay at work and get a few things done there but I'll come and pick you from wherever you'll be and then I'll meet him then okay?"

"You're okay with that?" asked Mi-Young, thinking was it okay for her to have drinks with another man alone, even though it was only Jaejoong.

"Of course. I trust you."

Mi-Young nodded, a little disappointed, but smiled sweetly at her fiancee.

"By the way, I was going to ask last week but forgot, has that unknown number still been calling you?"

*Good point. It hasn't actually. "No, it's stopped." Mi-Young bit her lip in thought. It stopped ringing ever since Jaejoong had started work at the orphanage but Mi-Young didn't put two and two together.

"That's good. Okay honey, I must get going but have a good day," Doojoon kissed her tenderly and touched her cheek. "I love you."

"I love you."

Mi-Young stood in the bathroom alone and thought about all the things she had to plan for her wedding. The list was endless; invitations, guest list, location, cake, bridesmaids, bridesmaids dresses. The thought was overwhelming and on top of that she had her engagement party to plan for next week.

She let out a deep sigh and wandered into the bedroom and changed into her work clothes. She chose a white blouse and black skirt, looking classy as always.

Her day at the orphanage was boring and tedious as all of the kids were at the hospital having their yearly injections. Mi-Young sat at her desk across from Jaejoong, where the finance director usually worked, working on a funding proposal.

"I have to admit, it's so much nicer seeing your face opposite me than Miss Kwon's." Jaejoong asserted playfully.

Mi-Young giggled and replied, "I could tell her that, you know."

"Don't! She looks like she could kill me sometimes! I'm pretty sure she has a gun under her desk, waiting to use it on me," Jaejoong panicked with wide eyes.

"You should see your face!" Mi-Young burst into laughter, causing Jaejoong to crack up also.

"I'd like to think you're both getting a lot done in here," a stern voice exclaimed from the door.

The two of them looked over to see Ji-Hoon standing there with his eyebrow raised, something Jaejoong would do typically.

He relaxed and stood up straight. "It's 6 o'clock, you two can go if you like. Thanks for your help today, both of you."

"Bye Ji-Hoon," Mi-Young said first, waiting for Jaejoong to follow her.

"Actually Jaejoong, can I talk to you for a second?" Ji-Hoon stopped Jaejoong from leaving, signalling for Mi-Young to leave the office and wait for him outside.

After 10 minutes had gone, Jaejoong finally came out of the office with Ji-Hoon and walked over to Mi-Young. The two men shaked hands and Ji-Hoon walked off, back to his duties.

"What was that about?" Mi-Young asked, being nosey.

"I'll tell you over drinks. Come on, let's go," Jaejoong placed his hand on Mi-Young's lower back and guided her out.

An hour later, they walked into a swanky, exclusive bar over-looking the Han River. A sensual, romantic Frank Sinatra jazz song filled the bar along with laughter and people conversing. "Wow. The view is beautiful. I've never been here before."

"Well, now you have," Jaejoong replied and lead Mi-Young towards the bar. "One glass of bourbon, no ice." He turned to Mi-Young to was absent-minded, admiring the interior and atmosphere of the bar and asked, "what would you like to drink?"

Mi-Young pursed her lips togethered and answered, "martini, please."

Jaejoong found a cosy, comfortable booth in one of the corners and pulled out the chair for Mi-Young. "Thank you."

He sat next to her instead of in the spare chair opposite her.

Mi-Young had an irritated expression on her face. "You know, you could sit opposite me. That chair is just as comfortable as this one."

"Or some would say this chair is just as comfortable as that one."

Mi-Young scowled and took a sip of her martini.

"I have some good news."

Gaining Mi-Young's attention, Jaejoong shifts to face her. "Ji-Hoon wants you and me to fly to New York on Monday morniing early and meet with a possible funder for the orphanage. He says it's important."

"Really?" Mi-Young's face lit up with joy, "that's great!" She swung her arms around Jaejoong's neck and holding him tight with happiness.

He slowly lifted his hand and placed it on the small of her back. As Mi-Young felt it she coughed awkwardly and pulled away still keeping a smile on her face.

She held up her martini glass in the air. "Here's to the meeting and hope it goes well."

They both cheers'd in unison and clinked their glasses together. "This is really what we need for the funding. Oh I hope he agrees to the money." Mi-Young pleaded with a grin on her face.

"I'll meet you at Incheon airport at 7:30am, our flight's at 10am. Don't be late." Jaejoong bossily said.

"I can't wait to tell Doojoon! He's going to be so happy! Let me just ring him to tell him to meet us here."

Jaejoong shifted slightly and became uncomfortable in the situation.

*. I need to get out of here.* "Sorry but I have to go," he confessed, standing up and leaving 80,000 on the table.

Mi-Young's face fell, "can you not stay for 20 more minutes and meet Doojoon? Please?"

"I can't, sorry," he said bluntly and walked off, leaving Mi-Young sitting there alone with her unfinished martini.

"Thanks for the drink," she called to him but he had already left in a hurry, wanting to avoid Doojoon.