Chapter 14

One Last Wish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVvBBKdu_MY

 

Monday morning came round quickly. Doojoon was helping Mi-Young pack her suitcase for her 4 day business trip to New York.

"Do you wanna take this?" Doojoon held up a cream lace and silk-chiffon top.

"Okay. Please could you put it in my suitcase while I go and get my passport from the safe? Thank you." Mi-Young asked.

"Have you got everything?"

"I think so." She said, coming back with her passport in her hand.

"Are you sure?" He asked, knowing how forgetful Mi-Young could be.

Mi-Young poked out her tongue. "Yes, I'm sure." She laced her arms round Doojoon's waist and pulled him in for a kiss. "I wish you were coming with me."

"Me too, but it's crazy at work right now. Come on, we should leave. I'll take you to the airport."

An hour later, Doojoon dropped Mi-Young at Incheon airport. They were parked in the 'dropping off' bay and Mi-Young looked around for Jaejoong, who said he was going to be waiting.

"See him anywhere?" Doojoon asked.

"No...I'll give him a call," Mi-Young placed her phone against her ear and waited for Jaejoong to pick but there was no answer.

"He must be stuck in traffic. Nevermind. I'll go and grab a coffee or something and wait. You go, otherwise you'll be late for work."

Doojoon nodded reluctantly, not wanting to leave his fiancee by herself. They got out of the car and Doojoon pulled her suitcase out of the boot. He placed it on the ground next to her and closed the boot afterwards.

"Thank you. I miss you already."

"I want you to enjoy yourself in New York, don't think about me. Have a safe journey and text me when you get there." Doojoon hugged Mi-Young and kissed the top of her head.

"I will. I love you and I'll see you when I get back." Mi-Young didn't want to let Doojoon go but she knew if she didn't go then she'd miss her flight altogether.

Doojoon gave a small wave and climbed into his car. "Goodbye," he said before getting in.

Mi-Young replied by blowing him a kiss and then made her way over to check-in. She waited on the side, for Jaejoong to arrive, dressed smartly in a white blouse and black trousers.

She decided to try Jaejoong's phone again. She held it up to her ear once more and waited for an answer. Just as she was about to hang up a figure strolled casually towards her. Once she realised who it was, she put down her phone.

"Hey," he cheerfully greeted.

"You're late."

"No, I'm not. I've been here since 7am. You're the one who's late. Anyway, I've checked us both in already, we just need to get rid of your luggage." He walked towards the bag drop counter and in no time at all, Mi-Young only had her handbag to carry.

"Thank you, Miss Lee. The first-class lounge is now available for you to use. Have a safe flight." The attendent ensured.

Mi-Young bowed and walked away, puzzled. She turned to Jaejoong who was looking his sly, smooth self.

"Did she just say 'first-class' lounge?"

"Yeah, I upgraded us." Jaejoong said, nonchalantly.

"To first-class? The orphanage can't afford that jaejoong!" Mi-Young scolded.

"Relax. I used my own money." He walked off towards the first-class lounge and gave the doorman both of their names for entry.

*Grr. This guy. How does he afford this and not have a paying job?*

The flight was exciting but scary for Mi-Young. She had never been to New York before, let alone flown first-class. She watched Jaejoong closely and was surprised to see how used to it he was.

The plane began to make its descend into JFK airport. Mi-Young's eyes widened as she was not use to flying at all.

"Please fasten your seat belts and make sure your trays are clear and in an upright position. Time in New York right now is 22:05. Thank you for flying with Asiana Airlines." The air hostess called through the speaker system.

Mi-Young's eyes roamed around the cabin as if she was expecting something to happen. Her hands trembled as she checked if her seat belt was fastened.

Jaejoong glanced at Mi-Young and was concerned. "...are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Just not use to flying," she breathed, nervously.

"Here." He held out his hand, "take this."

Mi-Young looked down at Jaejoong's open hand, offering his comfort. She knew she shouldn't hold another man's hand but she couldn't help but think she needed to, especially if she was to survive the landing of the plane. She grabbed his hand and held on to it tightly. She rested her head back on the seat and shut her eyes tightly.

The 747 tilted slightly to the left and began a slow and steady turn. Down below, the ground looked like square plots on a huge map of some kind. Gradually, everything began to come into view. As they neared the ground, small cars heading down long highways of black ribbon came into view, as well has various skyscrapers of different sizes and shapes. A sudden bump told her the landing gear was released as the air hostess' took their seats for landing. She jumped slightly at the sound.

Buildings and rooftops whizzed by as the aircraft made its final turn onto the waiting runway and ended with a mild rumbling as the tires hit the tarmac. A loud rush of air giving pressure to the brakes slowly brought the plane to an Indy 500 speed, culminating into the final act of taxiing slowly but surely into the arrival gate.

Jaejoong leaned over and whispered in her ear, "just relax. Everything will be fine," and gave a reassuring smile.

As the plane became stationary, all of the first-class passengers stood up and waited to be let off the plane. Mi-Young and Jaejoong sat there for a moment and waited for everyone to leave.

An amused looked came across Jaejoong's face, "grip any harder and my hand will fall off."

Mi-Young looked at him in surprised and realised she was still holding onto his hand. She coughed and released it. "Sorry," she mumbled.

Their driver met them outside arrivals and lifted their luggage into his silver mercedes after opening the doors for Jaejoong and Mi-Young.

Shortly after an hours drive, they checked into their hotel, which was a stunning 5-star boutique hotel located on 5th avenue. Jaejoong opened the door to Mi-Young's suite and handed her the card key. "Don't lose this."

"Wow. This is stunning." The equisite interior blew her mind as she scanned the room. "Are we really staying at this hotel?"

"This room is all yours, so enjoy. Mine is a few doors down."

Jaejoong watched Mi-Young, intensely but happily, as she squeaked and collasped blissfully on the feather duvet of the queen size bed. *I'm in heaven.*

"This much have cost so much." Mi-Young worried as she sat on edge of the bed.

"It's fine, I got it," Jaejoong patted his pocket where his wallet was and smiled.

"You must be tired so I'll leave you to relax and I'll see you in the lobby tomorrow morning at 9am. Goodnight, sleep well." Jaejoong shut her door.

Mi-Young felt exhausted and couldn't wait to sleep but first, she pulled out her iPhone from her handbag and text Doojoon to let him know she had landed safely.

I've arrived in New York and just about to go to bed.
It's 22:45 here, 13 hours behind.

Love you
MiMi x

She switched off the lights, wrapped the warm, cosy feather duvet around her slim frame and soon felt her conciousness ebbing away into the bustling city of New York.