Chapter 11

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Jessica felt something wet and cold on her forehead. She wanted to touch it to find out what it is, but her hands refused to move. She kept her eyes closed, hoping she would regain her energy soon. She felt tired and sick. Then she heard a familiar voice.

“Why were you so upset earlier?” a girl asked curiously.

“It’s just… Me and Taeyeon… We are going through some tough times and we had an argument.”

“What?! You too?!! Oh my god!” Jessica slowly opened her eyes and even though her sight was still a little bit blurry, she recognized her younger sister. “What the hell is going on? Why is every single relationship around me falling apart??” she panicked. “I just hope my relationship will be fine,” she mumbled quietly afterwards, but Tiffany heard it.

“What?” she asked surprised. “What did you just say? Is our baby Jung finally dating somebody?”

Whaaat?! NO! I’m not! I- just- you- don’t-  no- me- I have- How could I- Why- I WAS JUST SAYING OKAY?!” Tiffany chuckled, but before she could say anything back, Krystal finally noticed her sister came back to her senses. Or at least some of them. “Hey! She woke up!”

“Oh, you’re right! Jess! How do you feel?”

Jessica blinked several times before answering. “Sick,” she said shortly. Her voice was huskier than usually. She tried to sit up, but failed as Tiffany pushed her back to the couch.

“Don’t overdo yourself, you look terrible.”

“What is…?” Jessica pointed at her forehead.

“Oh… you had a fever, so we had to cool you down a little,” Krystal explained. “Here, have some water.”

“How did I get here?” Jessica asked after she took a sip or two.

“I brought you,” Krystal said.

“How? And how did you find me?”

“I have my ways.” Jessica was too tired to notice a quick look Tiffany and Krystal exchanged. Krystal shook her head shortly and turned back to her sister.

“….T…Taeyeon?”

“She doesn’t know you are here,” Tiffany said.

“Nobody knows actually. Only me, Tiffany unnie, Eunjung unnie and— that’s all,” Krystal quickly said when she noticed Tiffany’s warning glance.

“What are we…”

“Going to do?” Tiffany finished and Jessica just nodded. “Well… We already discussed it and we think you should go to the hospital.”

“What? Hospital? But… I can’t… Taeyeon can heal me.”

Krystal shook her head. “We don’t think so.”

“Why?”

“Because… we think your problems aren’t caused by anything magical.”

“Then what is the cause?” Tiffany and Krystal exchanged another look. “What is it? Tell me!” Jessica tried to sit up again and this time she succeeded.

“Just go to the doctor.”

“But what if things will fly around? How do I explain that?”

“You know what? I will go with you,” Krystal said. “I will drive you there. I have finally bought myself a car. And if something happens, I will clean up the mess.”

Jessica slowly nodded. “But I need to take a shower first.”

“Sure.” Krystal and Tiffany helped Jessica to go to the bathroom. After they made sure she will be okay, they left the room to give her some privacy and looked at each other again.

“So you really think so?” Tiffany asked and Krystal nodded.

“Yeah. I’ve read some books before and I also just looked some things up in them. She has all those symptoms and assuming she’s still a demon, even though powerless… it makes sense.”

“But is it really possible?” Tiffany asked. “I mean, Yuri…”

“I know what you mean. But everything in our lives is beyond normal, so why it should be impossible?”

 

  “You bought this? And you call it a car?” Jessica knew her sister well, but this just surprised her. “It’s a formula! Wait, no, it’s a rocket!! Where the heck did you get so much money?”

Krystal just smirked and opened the doors of her luxurious silver Pagani Zonda F. “I’m not going inside,” Jessica protested.

“Oh, come on. I’ve got my driver’s license, I know everything now, you can trust me, I won’t break any law, I won’t drive over speed limit. I promise.”

“That would be nice. I don’t want to throw up all over this beautiful car…” Jessica got inside. “But aren’t people suspicious? I mean – this parked right next to the old cemetery with decaying temple?”

“Oh… I make this car invisible every time I don’t use it.”

Jessica stared at her. “How? That’s impossible.”

Krystal smirked again and started the car.

“It’s… not…”

“Gosh, why so secretive?” Jessica mumbled annoyed, before Krystal sped up…

 

“Unnie, I need to talk to you,” Seohyun appeared in the middle of Yoona’s room.

“God, Hyun! You scared me! Why are you so suddenly here?” Yoona was surprised, but still happy and hugged her best friend.

“I have to tell you something.” Seohyun finally decided to tell Yoona the truth.

“Really? Me too!” Yoona sounded excited. Seohyun didn’t want to ruin the mood but it’s now or never. But five more minutes can’t harm, right?

“Okay, so you go first.”

“I am soooooooo in love!” Yoona laughed.

“What?” Seohyun just blinked. She couldn’t accept the information Yoona just gave her. “Like… with…”

“Taecyeon, yeah. I love him.” Seohyun felt like dying. Again. Now she’s torn apart again. She doesn’t want to hurt Yoona, but rather then hurting her later, isn’t it better to tell her the truth right now, even though it’s cruel?

“You know, unnie, I hate to tell you, but…” Seohyun took a deep breath. “I don’t think you should date that guy.”

 

Jessica was sitting in a hospital hall, biting her nails.

“Can you stop it?” Krystal asked, irritated. She was sitting right next to her.

“I can’t help myself, I’m just too nervous.”

“The doctor said it will take around two hours for the blood test results to come out, so chill. It’s going to be out in a minute or two.”

“But what are the results going to be like? Will it be fine? I want them to be okay, but I also want to know what is going on with my body.”

“I get it, okay. But you need to calm yourself down a little. I don’t want you to collapse once again,” Krystal said, worried.

“Miss Jung?” suddenly a male voice said. Jessica and Krystal both immediately looked up.

“Yes, doctor?” Jessica reacted.

“Please, come inside with me, I have your results,” the doctor showed her a white envelope with a slight smile on his face, but Jessica was too nervous to notice his expression.

Jessica looked at Krystal, but her younger sister only nudged her to go. “I’m gonna wait here, you go.”

Jessica gulped and nodded. She followed the doctor into his office and sat down on a chair. “So? What is it, doctor? Did you find anything? What’s wrong with me? Is it bad?” she asked right away.

“We indeed found something abnormal.” The doctor took the results out of the envelope and handed them to Jessica. She took it and looked at it. 

“Why is that… human chro-something-nic… go-something-tropin underlined with a red marker? What does that even mean? Is it bad?” Jessica asked, startled and looked at the doctor.

“Miss Jung, it means you’re…”

“Dying?! I don’t want to die!”

“Miss Jessica,” the doctor tried to calm her down by calling her by her first name. “You…”