Chapter 4

Jar of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Not every plan works out. Not even Seungri’s meticulous, precise, punctilious plans.  Sometimes not every plan will work out according to what Seungri wants.

 

When the meeting that does not happen once again, is it a coincidence or destiny?

 

Seungri waited for Soo Mi for lunch.

Whilst waiting for Soo Mi, Seungri had it all neatly planned inside his head. He looked around the which was more of a café, casual and quiet. The right place to meet with Soo Mi and whisper sweet nothings in her ear. Sweet nothings.. His eyes were suddenly drawn to the man opposite him, his view unblocked by his currently absent date. His vision focused on the man, and the familiar smile, or rather smirk that played around his lips. He did not want to believe his eyes. 

GD was sitting not far from his table. 

Seungri did not ever expect to be reunited with him again and had no idea how to deal with this. 

He was particularly disturbed by the presence of GD. Worry sprung up that GD might mistake this as fate. Even if Seungri was reluctant to meet him his feelings conflicted... wanting to somehow attract his attention.

GD realized that Seungri watched him from a distance and waved casually.

Seungri raised his hand clumsily and immediately waved back before he even knew what he was doing.

'Damn, automatic reaction,' he cursed.  

Seungri pulled his hand down with intent and turned to look at his phone, pretending that some alert had just flashed across the screen. GD just sat alone at his own table and gave a bemused look at the act he could see through. GD looked so comfortable there, it was as if every atmosphere was his home or a place he frequented. He was a chameleon of sorts. Still he was alone though, and it was clear he was waiting for someone. 

Feeling increasingly uncomfortable, Seungri raced through the plans in his mind, wondering whether to change the meeting place with Soo Mi.  

Make a reservation at another restaurant. There was still time...

From his table, Seungri could see that GD just ordering drinks not having any food, he didn't know why cared. After a few minutes passed, GD’s eyes never leaving his, Seungri felt his eyes almost watering and looked away yet again, irrationally feeling some sense of failure. That intense stare with eyes rimmed in kohl never failed to make the victim more uncomfortable.

Seungri stood up and walked out of the restaurant to relieve his feelings of nervousness, trying as hard as he could to seem nonchalant, uncaring.

His eyes made Seungri embarrassed somehow.

'Within a few minutes Soo Mi will be arriving at the restaurant.'  And all Seungri could think about were those eyes, as if they had burnt an image on to his mind.

 

"Seungri Si!' she greeted him with a sweet smile which he re seeing.

Seungri laughed awkwardly as she embraced him and pretended so hard that even she could not see Seungri’s anxiety that broke his thoughts.

"You've come! Why don't we eat somewhere else? I just overheard that the food here isn't that good and you deserve the best." Seungri was in his element, lying and flattery, the best combination.

He needed somewhere quiet to talk to Soo Mi without GD.

"Oh... Seungri Si... I have an appointment with someone other than you here... Let's get inside!” Soo Mi expressed her purposes of the meeting this afternoon with Seungri at this restaurant.

Seungri was stunned for a moment to hear those words from Soo Mi but recollected himself whilst his mind ran through what he had just heard again. 

 

Seungri followed her in with a profound sense of turmoil, seeing no other course of action other than follo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter