So•fia

SNSD oneshot collection

 

italics are flashbacks

It was in a dark study room with the curtains hung half-heartedly. Bookshelves covered three of the walls while the remaining one was a top to bottom window what showed a purple dusk. There were a huge wooden desk and a powerful leather chair in the middle of the room. There were lots and lots of books in every language in the world but people could hardly read because there weren’t enough light. No one tried to read at that time though, the only living figure in the room was a tall girl.

She stormed around the room impatiently. She was worried to death. She sweated in the middle of winter and a bad headache was coming from nowhere. Her heart beat rapidly along with the extreme nervousness she was experiencing. She found it hard to even breathe. Why on earth did she make such a decision?

One of her subordinates came in, supporting a trembling short-haired blonde. She ran to the duo immediately at the sight.

“What happened??”

“Miss…”

“Seo…”

The short girl looked terrible with her eyes widely opened and pale skin. She was too shaky to speak.

“Unnie, WHAT HAPPENED??”

Seohyun looked from Sunny to her subordinate in terror. She felt a hint of anger in the back of her brain.

“DENNIS. TELL ME. WHAT. HAPPENED?” Seohyun shot a piercing look to her handsome private bodyguard who looked just as bad as her Sunny unnie.

“Madam, please remain calm.”

“My GOD! Just tell me NOW.”

“Miss Yuri and Miss Hyoyeon… They tried their best but there was... I'm sorry.”

BANG.

That was what Seohyun heard in her head. The others heard a familiar kind of sound but louder, bonus the sight of a broken vase by Seohyun on the lavender carpet.

“Seohyun!”

Sunny ran to catch her dongsaeng who was about to collapse on the sharp pieces of the vase. She just automatically gained some power seeing the younger girl being like that. They tried so hard to support one another. It was too painful for them to bear the news individually. Seohyun buried her face on Sunny’s shoulder and cried hard. They held each other so tight that their body went numb, but it still wasn’t enough for the pain to let them go.

“It was my entire fault.”

“No, Seohyun, don’t.”

Sunny soothed the poor taller girl. Somehow she felt helpless being so short, just look at how Seohyun had to lean so low to rest on her shoulder.

After minutes and minutes that felt like an infinite black hole, the two girls finally got control over their messy emotion and sat down on a couch.

“I have to go.” Seohyun stared at a point on the carpet.

“Where are you going?”

“Revenge.”

 

------------

 

The huge door was knocked down after the loudest sound on earth. Smoke was everywhere. The gang of masculine men in the dim room stood up and took their guns in just a matter of light speed, which wasn’t very helpful because two shadows at the door, one tall and one short, had already showered bullets on every head.

“DIEEEEEE!!!!”

 

“Let me handle this one, Seohyun.”

“Yuri unnie…” Seohyun narrowed her eyebrows disapprovingly.

 

The taller girl’s eyes wanted to fall out as she opened them too widely. But she didn’t care. She held out her two arms and pulled the triggers nonstop. Her Sunny unnie was standing on her left, shooting with her huge gun she called Nintendo Super-Secret Weapon.

 

Three girls in black were in the same study room. They were all fit and tall, wearing leather outfits, two brunettes and one blonde.

 “I’ll go with her.” The blonde said.

“Hyoyeon unnie...”

 

Blood was everywhere, on the walls, tables, cards, glasses of wine, and cigarettes. Dead bodies were like dead fish on the beach after a major oil spill. Windows were broken, the TV was dead, the whole place looked like a bomb had exploded.

 

“Don’t worry, kid. It’s as easy as pie.” Yuri flashed a smile to assure her dongsaeng. She gave everyone a thump-up.

“No it’s not.” Seohyun raised her eyebrows, using her most serious tone of voice. "It's extremely dangerous!"

“But you have no choice…” Hyoyeon shook her head.

 

“Seohyun, watch out!!”

Sunny threw herself to block the shot, she knocked the maknae down and held her arm in pain.

Without thinking, Seohyun regained control and shot a certain direction, a sound of a body collapsing was heard and then came complete silence.

 

Seohyun sat down on the leather chair, face-palmed herself. The brushed her index fingers on her forehead, trying to find another way. But there was no other way. Like Hyoyeon said, she had no other choice. It was either them or nothing.

"Come on, we're the two best spies here, right? The legend Kwon Yuri and Kim Hyoyeon, no one can beat us."

 

“Sunny unnie!! Are you okay??”

“Go check.”

Seohyun quickly stood up and went to the one she just shot. She regconised the face of their lifetime enemy, the head of the opposing mafia organisation was then dead. It was victory.

“It ended, Sunny unnie.”

Sunny nodded and lost consciousness with a bitter smile formed on her lips.

 

------------

 

Yuri and Hyoyeon were lying separately on soft white cushions. They looked shiningly beautiful no matter what the situation was. Seohyun dropped down on her knees beside the bodies of her beloved unnies and cried the dried tears. Sunny held Hyoyeon’s lifeless hand and put the hand on her own face to feel their last interaction.

The door cracked open and three young ladies stormed in.

“HYYUREYEON!!” The mixed cry of two names broke the heavy atmosphere. Everyone gathered around the cushions with stabbed hearts and senseless movements.

“Yuri unnie!!” Yoona cried out the loudest. Streams of tears were all over her flawless face. She tried to hug Yuri but the absent respond made things even worse.

“Yoong.” Seohyun put her hand on Yoona’s shoulder. She didn’t want to stop Yoona from crying, she didn’t want to calm her down either because she herself felt as bad as anyone in this room.

“Why…?” Yoona caressed Hyoyeon’s cheek and once again couldn’t help but let out more tears. “Unnies!!”

Tiffany sobbed hard as she tried to hold both Yuri’s and Hyoyeon’s hands. Never in her life had she experienced a double loss like this. Sunny rushed into Sooyoung’s arms. The short girl sobbed freely with her head on the tall girl’s chest, ignoring her wounded arm. Sooyoung leaned down to give the shortie blonde a long soothing kiss on her head. She closed her eyes and let her warm tears out since the sight in front of them was too much to bear. She felt like fainting at any second but the shortie here needed someone to hold on to.

“MY KIDS!!” Taeyeon rushed in and kneeled down to hold the two senseless dongsaengs in her arms. opened wide, tears went down on her milky skin as she let out a silent cry. It was simply too painful to let out any sound. Tiffany hugged her from the behind and it was a heartbroken group hug by the four of them.

“YUREEEEEE”

Jessica ran with all her might towards Yuri. There she was, her beloved Kwon seobang, lying with the loving eyes closed.

“NOO!!” No one cared that Jessica blurted English. “YUREE WAKE UP!!!” Jessica took Yuri away from Taeyeon’s hug and placed her back down on the cushions. She looked tensely at the brunette’s face, trying to find any movement of breathing. “NO! PLEASE!! Wake up…..”

She buried her face on Yuri’s chest and cried her eyes out. The seven girls mourned the death for nobody knows how long. Jessica fainted and the other girls just let her be on Yuri’s chest for this one last time. Sunny and Sooyoung sat beside Hyoyeon and watched the blonde’s endless sleep. TaeNy and Yoonhyun took their time soothing each other and looked after the sleeping YulSic. Their cries came to an end when there were no more tears left.

“I’m sorry unnies, it was all my fault.” Seohyun spoke up in the middle of the sobbing. Taeyeon stood up and had difficulties patting the latter’s head.“No it wasn’t. Our father trusted us and this organisation with you because you can do it. And you did it. We won. Their sacrifices aren’t a waste. We’re proud of you.”

The group remained silent. Each tried to absorb everything of the last moment of being together and take in the feel of each other’s presence, for this one last time.

 

“It’ll be alright, kid.” Hyoyeon and Yuri said in unison before closing the door and leaving for their mission.