Dear Diary: The News

Ruki and me. Dear Diary Part One : The Meeting

Ok so Reita just left. Man oh man, I did not expect to hear what I just heard. So ok, we stopped for a moment to let the drivers stretch their legs and so that everyone could walk about a bit. It’s getting dark out so I guess that’s why Reita wanted to meet me later so that no one would see him getting on the bus. Well anyway I was playing around on my laptop with some online game and someone nudged me from the back. I spun around because I thought I was alone on the bus then Reita waved. He sat down next to me and looked at the game I was playing and teasing me he said.
     “You at this” I laughed then he had a turn. He was right though, he was way better at the game than me. As he was playing he was pretty quiet. Then I decided I should talk to him before the buses got moving again.     “so” I said.
    “Whats up?” he said with a laugh.
    “You tell me I said”. He shut the laptop and he suddenly got kind of serious.
    “ok, Ruki doesn’t want to be mean to you” He said. I froze waiting for him to continue. “ I think he kind of likes you” He said. That was the absolute LAST thing I expected him to say.
    “ He likes me?” I said puzzled.
    “Hai” he said. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. “Majide!” he said. “Im serious he talks about you all the time” That, I really couldn’t believe.     “But why is he so ill toward me?” I asked. This time Reita rolled his eyes and shrugged. “Kai asked him the same thing but he didn’t have an answer” He said.
    “well what sort of thing does he say about me” I asked.
    “He mostly asks us questions about you” He said.
    “like what?” I asked. He shrugged.
    “everything” he said. “what you are like” he said smiling. Now I was really confused and kind of annoyed.
    “well he doesn’t have to be so rude toward me” I said. Reita nodded.     “We have talked to him about it.” he said. “But you should just ignore it and talk to him” He said. I shook my head.
     “ I wouldn’t know what to say” I said.
     “Say anything!” he said. “trust me.” Just then we heard commotion outside the bus and Reita waved and left. I walked with him to the outside of the bus. “See you tomorrow” He said. “talk to him” he said with a smile. I gave a half smile back to him and he pinched my nose and laughed. I watched him walk back to the bus then I thought for a moment. If Ruki really does like me he has an odd way of showing it. Should I take Reita’s advice though? I mean really? Is it worth it? In some ways the talk with Reita made me even more confused. Oh well show tomorrow night. I’m tired. We’ll see what happens.