Dear Diary: The performance/The Talk With Reita

Ruki and me. Dear Diary Part One : The Meeting

    So today was the show, it went by smoothly. I actually had the opportunity to watch a little bit today. I usually don’t have the chance to catch any of the show but today I got to see two songs. Distress and Coma and Sugar Pain. They’re great performers. All of them are really talented. And even though Ruki doesn’t seem to have much respect for me I have to admit, he’s awesome. I mean he has so much energy on stage and I was truly impressed with him. Maybe I’ll tell him…then again maybe not. I’m sure he won’t care.


Dear Diary: The Talk with Reita.
    
    Today we’re on the road again. When we stopped to eat I had the chance to socialize a bit with some of the other crew. It was nice. Everyone is so friendly. I’m the oddball though. The only foreigner in the crew. So they pick on me a bit. But they aren’t mean about it it’s all in good fun. I didn’t even know that the band was also in the same restaurant as us but when I got up to go to the bathroom, I walked past where the guys were seated. They all looked like they were having fun. When I came out to go to my table Reita flagged me down. I was a bit apprehensive to go over because he was seated right next to Ruki but I didn’t want to be rude so I went over. He motioned for me to sit down and I immediately noticed Ruki’s demeanor change. He’d been smiling and laughing when I walked by but now he wasn’t and he turned his chair slightly so that he was kind of facing away from me. I ignored it. Anyway it was strange sitting there with them because I didn’t understand much but they all spoke what English they knew and I spoke some in Japanese. They helped me out too! All in all it was fun, then as we were leaving Reita motioned for me to follow him. We went out of a side door of the restaurant and he peeked around to make sure no one was looking.  It made me a bit nervous he was acting strange and I didn’t know what he wanted. Then he looked me straight in the eye and said.
    “Ruki doesn’t mean it”.
     “what do you mean?” I said. “He doesn’t mean what?” I asked. Then Reita just gave me this look and I knew what he was talking about. “Oh” I said. “What have I done have I offended him?” I asked. He shook his head and peeked around again.
    “Lets meet on your bus later ok?” He asked.
    “Ok” I said. He’s supposed to meet me later but I don’t know when. I guess when we stop again he will catch up with me. We’ll see. Now I’m really curious.