A Fun Day With Kai

It's Actually Been You

Kyungsoo's POV

I woke up Saturday morning completely ready to tap into my cupid mode. I had such a great dream about Kai...it wasn't creepy! In my dream Kai, and Shim went on a date. But on the date they had absolutely nothing to talk about. They just stayed quiet, and shy. I knew the reason. It's because they went shopping. Shim hates that! 

''I have a better idea...'' I tapped my chin in thought. If they went to a place Shim liked then she would be bubbling with conversation.

''The skate park!'' I snaped my fingers. My phone was somewhere under my covers, and when I finally found it I called Kai. 

''Hello?'' His voice was low, and hoarse.

''Get your out of bed lover boy. I have to tell you about this dream I had about you last night.'' I smiled into the phone.

''Kyungsoo...I like Jinshim-''

''I'm not gay idiot. Just hurry up, and get over here.'' I hung up before he could protest, and cleaned my room while I waited for him to get over. I just couldn't stand seeing my bed messy.

''I'm here. What's so important-'' I didn't give him time to finish his sentence. I threw him into my desk chair. My ideas were so good sometimes I just needed to exaggerate to get my point across.

''You like Shim right?'' I grinned feeling like a genious.

''Well..yeah, I mean she's really-''

''I don't have time for your blushing. What would you say if you went on a date with her today?'' His reaction wasn't what I expected.

''Hyung, I don't know if I'm ready for that...we're gonna be really-''

''Really awkward I know. In my dream you two were on a date, and the whole time she pretended to text, and you kept your hands in your pockets like a loser.''

''Hey!''

''I'm sorry it's just what you do. But I know exactly why you guys were awkward. It's because in my dream you took her shopping.''

''So, shopping's pretty cool.''

''Shim hates shopping. It's right up there on her list next to fruit.''

''Jinshim hates fruit?!''

''Don't even bring up citrus to Shim. Her face turns red, and she starts ranting about how the juiciness annoys her.'' I always brought it up just to see her get angry. I found it really adorable.

''Okay, so how do you plan on making my real date with her perfect?''

''You guys are going to the skate park. She'll be in such a good mood you guys will have loads to talk about.''

''There's a problem with that. I don't know how to skateboard.'' He bit his lip.

''It's easy! Just put two feet on the board, and kick!''

''Okay, but what if we run out of things to talk about! Nope! I can't do this, I'm not ready!''

''I thought you'd say that.'' Ugh, sometimes I scare myself at how good I am. I reached into my drawer, and pulled them out.

''What's this?'' He smirked.

''Listening devices. Here put this in.'' I handed him the ear bud. ''Testing! Testing 1, 2, 3!''

''Wah! I hear you in my ear!'' He grinned in awe.

''Yeah! I'll coach through the entire date. If anyone knows how to hangout with Shim it's me.''

''Hyung, you really are the best!'' He gave me a thumbs up.

''I know. Now wait here while I get ready.'' I gave his cheek a small pat, and ran into the shower.

Kai's POV

I was sitting in Shim's living room...slowly dying. Her three brothers, and dad were staring at me not saying a thing. Why were they so silent?!

''Umm, this is a lovely home you have Mr. Lee.'' 

''Thankyou, my wife designed it all.'' He frowned.

''Oh really? I'd love to give my compliments.'' I sighed in relief knowing there was a woman in the house I could flatter instead of being interviewed by her brothers, and father.

''Sure, do you have a shovel?'' Kiseop smirked. I remembered him from the other night.

''Hyung!'' Her younger brother, Chunji, pouted.

''What Kiseop means to say is our mom passed away.'' Her oldest brother, Junho, sighed.

''Oh..I'm sorry!'' God I'm an idiot!

''What did you say your name was again?'' Her dad asked.

''Jongin, Kim Jongin.''

''Kyungsoo told us your name is Kai..how did that start?'' Kiseop was completely expressionless.

''I don't know. Kyungsoo started calling me that when we met, now it's my official nickname.'' 

''Funny.'' Chunji said with a straight face.

''Abeoji!'' Finally Shim came running downstairs. I tried to maintain a straight face, but she looked really cute. Even in just a overall shorts, and a blue, and white striped shirt underneath. 

''Hyung, I want to go skateboarding too.'' Chunji whined. He called her hyung....

''Anniya! You don't even know how. Abeoji, I'll be back later.'' She grabbed her board, and slipped on her sneakers. I followed her every move waiting for her to walk to the door. Idiot!

''Isn't Kyungsoo going too? Or is this some type of date.'' Junho nearly made my heart fall out with his statement. I felt my ears heat up!

''Hyung! He's meeting us there! Aish...'' Her face was red. She called him hyung...

''Annyeonghaseyo..'' I bowed my head before following her out the door. Actually Kyungsoo was hiding behind the bushes of her house waiting for us to leave. He wasn't going to show up.

''Tell her you like her overalls! Those are her favorite!'' 

''Umm! Shim those overalls look really nice on you...'' Instantly her face went red.

''Ah chincha?! I like your shirt...'' She squeezed her arm.

''Thanks.'' Ugh! I'm never taking this shirt off.

''I'm sorry about my family...they're a lot to handle sometimes.''

''Ani. It's cool, your brothers all seem like nice people...well I mean-'' I face palmed myself, and started laughing at my stupidity. We ran into her brother drinking, and smoking. Yeah, he's such a nice person.

''It's okay I get what you're trying to say.'' She chuckled.

''Dude! You're sinking...talk about rap! She likes rap!''

''What kind of music do you listen to?''

''I really like music!'' Her eyes lit up in the cutest way. ''I basically listen to everything. Mostly rap, and ballads. Rap is my favorite though because certain people write the best lyrics to raps songs! Do you listen to Tablo?''

Damn it I don't!

''Yes I do. My favorite song is Tomorrow with Taeyang.''

''Yeah! My favorite song is Tomorrow with Taeyang!''

''That's my favorite!! It’s springtime again for you but seasons don’t change for me. Even though you say my heart will bloom again I've got no tomorrow.''

''What..''

''That's a line in the song idiot!''

''Oh! Yeah, he's a very deep person.''

''Wow, I didn't know we had so much in common.'' She smiled. It was a beautiful smile.

Kyungsoo's POV

Even though it's been a task getting those two to talk the hardest part was just beginning. They got to the skate park. Kai doesn't freaking know how to skate!

''Kyung a little help here!'' 

''I don't know...just put two feet on it, and don't fall!'' I said into the walky talky. 

''Two feet?! How do I get it move?!'' I face palmed so hard my fingers stuck out the back of my head.

''Watch Shim, and copy her!'' I hid behind a corner to get a good view of them. Everything seemed fine. Suddenly my phone started ringing. It was Shim, I saw her holding her phone to her ear.

''Yo, where are you?''

''Oh, hey Shim. I don't think I can come. My house is really messy. You know I can't stand messes.'' Please! My house was never messy.

''You better not be lying again!!''

''Of course not, but how are things going with Kai?'' I smirked.

''Oh~ It's fine...I'll text you later.'' She hung up without even a smart remark. Usually she got flustered when I mentioned Kai...

''Fine then hang up!'' 

''Why should I say that?!''

''Ugh! Not you idiot!'' I said into the walky talky.

Jinshim's POV

Things with Kai were going surprisingly great. He was a lot easier to talk to than I thought. ''Are you okay?'' He looked like he was having difficulty with the board.

''Yeah..I'm just..'' He toppled over. 

''Omo!'' It was really funny. I couldn't hold in my loud cackles.

''Yah! Do you want to help me?'' He grinned.

''Oh, ne!'' I extened my hand, and he tugged on it making me fall next to him. ''Aigoo! Kyungsoo always does that to me!'' 

''Chincha? What a jerk.''

''I don't think you really know how to skateboard..'' He stayed quiet for a while.

''Okay, you got me. I just wanted to hang out with you...'' His cheeks were extremely red. Probably redder than mine. 

''Oh...'' Ugh! I'm such a loser. I can't speak now! I'm speechless.

''If you don't really want to hang out with me we can go to Kyungsoo's''

''Ani! It's fun hanging out with you! I just feel bad that you can't skate...'' I bit my lip. Again silence.

''Well you can teach me then.'' He bit his lip as well. Why was he so cute?!

~~~~~

I guess you could call us hanging out a date! I called it that. I think my fear of hanging out with Kai alone was conquered! Now we were walking to my house. He had a few bruises, and a limp, but other than that it went well.

''Are you sure I'm not dragging you down?'' He asked leaning on me. 

''Ani..'' Omo! If he had any idea how much my heart was racing right now?

''Maybe next time I'll bring padding.'' He sighed.

''Yeah...'' He said next time!! 

''We just passed your house!''

''I know...tell me when w get to yours.'' I couldn't let him walk home in this condition by himself.

''You don't have to-''

''I want to.'' 

''It's four doors down.'' He bit his lip. I was really excited to meet his family...

''Jongin! What are you doing?'' A woman wearing an apron came running downstairs. ''If your father see's you he'll have a fit.'' Was this his step mom?

''Ahjumma, take this.'' He handed her his skateboard. ''Thank you for walking me Shim, I should get inside now...'' 

''Oh okay...'' Was I not allowed inside? Who was the lady he called ahjumma.

''That's my house keeper in case your wondering.'' Woah! He has a house keeper?!

''Oh, well bye I guess..'' Again silence....

''Bye!'' He pulled me into a hug, and limped away rather quickly.

He hugged me...

I waited until I was already in front of my house to start jumping! ''I spent an entire day with Kai and we had soo much in common!!!''

A/N: Sorry for such a boring update...I hope you didn't hate it too much. I kinda got lost half way through! Kamsahamnida for reading ^^V