Chapter Six

The Better Match

 

“I’m definitely in love~”

Kyuhyun sing-sang and Leeteuk stopped watching him weirdly, faking not having listened and Kyuhyun couldn’t get his smile off his face.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, can I talk to you a moment please?”

Leeteuk eyes trailed the owner of the voice, grinning behind the cup of warm milk he was drinking that morning and Kyuhyun smile was still there.

“Yeah?”

Hyukjae removed on his place, playing with the hem of his shirt as he went and sit next to Kyuhyun on the chair from the kitchen.

“I-I want to thank you for yesterday, the boys were happy, especially Aron, he told me you are a great teacher who spent patiently time with them.”

Kyuhyun blinked amused, he just yelled at them when Hyukjae wasn’t there, okay kid Aron, Kyuhyun is going to buy you a drink for talking good.

“Y-Yeah, they aren’t the brats I thought.” Kyuhyun said scratching the back of his neck and laughing nervously and Hyukjae smiled, showing his gums.

“I’m really glad Kyuhyun-ssi. I thought you hate me,” Kyuhyun flinched, but his eyes widened when Hyukjae offered his hand for a shake “but seeing you helping me with this task and willingly help these boys makes me re-think about you, let’s be friendly, okay?”

Kyuhyun hands were drop to his sides for s split moment before he took Hyukjae’s hand. Kyuhyun eyes were b and he smiled widely making Hyukjae’s cheeks blush pink-pale.

“I-I need to go. M-Minhyun is waiting outside, so…”

Kyuhyun nodded, and Hyukjae grinned sheepishly “Kyuhyun?”

The named just blinked “Yeah?”

“My hand.”

Kyuhyun flustered expression was cute even for Leeteuk that was eavesdropping from the corner of the door leading to the kitchen, watching Kyuhyun quickly letting Hyukjae’s hand go as he was deep-red in embarrassment.

“S-Sorry hyung, I…”

Hyukjae widened his eyes and another smile broke on his face, “Finally you call me hyung without being on a show.” Hyukjae point out softly, with endearment and Kyuhyun face was dumfounded watching Hyukjae smile, smiling to him for first time without a camera as he nodded.

“Hyung, I can call you hyung as many times as you want, it’s just… I-I like calling your name.” Kyuhyun confessed, by now he was sure his ears were also red and Hyukjae chuckled.

“Why?”

Kyuhyun that was on a daze said “Because I like you…r name!” Kyuhyun breathed in alarmed when he almost confessed his feelings and Hyukjae just nodded.

“I see, it’s okay, you can call me Hyukkie or Hyuk also. I like hyung more though.”

“H-H-H…” Kyuhyun stuttered and grunted, that’s why he always said snarky or hurtful comments to Hyukjae, because he is like a high school teenager when he shows his self to this man. “Heechul-hyung is better than you though.”

Hyukjae widened his eyes and Kyuhyun cursed himself mentally, he was afraid of watching Hyukjae by now, but did so anyway.

“I see…, I gotta go.”

Kyuhyun just watched Hyukjae as he left his arse fell flatly on the chair and Leeteuk entered shaking his head. “Kyuhyun, that’s the worse sentence you could have told there.”

Kyuhyun lifted his face; eyes dejected and said “No, believe me.”

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

Hyukjae walked out of the dorms, waving to Minhyun who was waiting for him coyly, glancing to everywhere, afraid of some paparazzi or something and kicking an invisible rock on his way.

“Annyeong~” Hyukjae beamed and Minhyun jumped blinking, relaxing when he saw Hyukjae.

“Oh, hyung! I thought, wow, my heart; you’re early by five minutes.”

Hyukjae laughed slinging his arm around Minhyun’s shoulders “Where are we going then?”

Minhyun coughed, feeling shy suddenly, and more when Hyukjae was so near, why his heart was bouncing so hard and he closed his eyes.

“Hyung, do you know I like Aron-hyung, right?”

Hyukjae nodded absentminded and Minhyun sighed “then don’t make me fanboy over you right now.”

Hyukjae stopped baffled “ah?”

Minhyun chuckled “Nothing, we’re almost there, the boys are waiting for us near the fashion shop.”

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

Kyuhyun was making a small outburst on his room and Leeteuk didn’t know what to do when both suddenly heard Sungmin asking them.

“I look good?”

Leeteuk, being the care leader, almost like a mother nodded, feeling happy Sungmin this time choose a nice clothing and Kyuhyun glared him.

“Where are you going?”

Kyuhyun brightened when he heard “date” and he spoke “So you finally forgot Hyukjae?”

Sungmin shook his head and grinned “Actually, Hyukjae is my date!”

Leeteuk opened his mouth unbelieving this and Kyuhyun frowned “Hyukjae went on some meeting with Min-Min-Minhyuk, no, wait, Minhyu…aish, doesn’t matter, he already went out.”

Sungmin chirped nodding “Minhyun is the bait, Baekho told me to dress nicely today, because Hyukjae agreed to go shopping with them. I will just find him casually there and hey presto!”

“No, you don’t going to do a magic appearance.”

Kyuhyun said steadily and Sungmin glared him.

“Listen Kyu, first, I’m your friend, we have a brotherly relationship and I love you as much as I love Donghae and anyone else in this group, but I’m not handing Hyukjae over anyone, neither to my best buddy neither to Donghae.”

“He doesn’t love you!”

Kyuhyun shouted frustrated and Sungmin breathed, hissing the words “He doesn’t love you either, you are a brat for him, if not, why did he never approach you when you started singing in this group uh?”

Kyuhyun shut his mouth and Leeteuk yelled to Sungmin, who just keep his yells.

“Because he hated you, he hate someone who entered easily when he worked hard for years, you’re a spoiled brat Kyuhyun, and if I ever talk to you first, was because Leeteuk told me that time, so don’t get cocky and high, you’re nothing to Hyukjae.”

Kyuhyun didn’t know how but he was crying as he feel over the bed and Leeteuk shouted to Sungmin to apologize, the latter just slammed the door walking away and Leeteuk wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun.

“H-He was lying Kyuhyun, he talk you because he…”

“Why pity me?” Kyuhyun asked hurt but then he cried more “Also Hyukjae pitied me, that’s why this morning…”

Leeteuk just hushed Kyuhyun who buried his face on Leeteuk’s chest

“It hurts hyung, it hurts…”

Leeteuk pulled away and wiped away Kyuhyun’s tears, asking to the crying young man

“Do you want to give up now?”

Kyuhyun shook his head “No, I really love him hyung.”

“Sometimes, just sometimes is better knowing when to give up.”

Kyuhyun nodded “I want to give up, I want to throw everything away, I even want to walk out here and ask the first person to be my lover, but I will not hyung, I’m better than that and I will make Hyukjae fall for me, just wait, the smile he showed to me today…”

Leeteuk waited and Kyuhyun wiped his own tears away.

“That smile, I want to believe it was sincere and only for me.”

“Wanna ruin their date then?” Leeteuk asked and Kyuhyun widened his eyes but nodded anyway.

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

“I want cheesecake!” Baekho chirped and Hyukjae was happy, so many times without shopping carefree, the Baekho stood and widened his eyes surprised, tugging Hyukjae by the shirt.

“What’s the matter Baekho?”

“Isn’t that Sungmin-hyung?”

Aron rolled his eyes, traitor, you choose Sungmin, he thought and Baekho like reading his mind, stuck out his mouth while Minhyun nodded.

“Yeah, and he seem lost, maybe we must call him?”

Minhyun asked emotionless to Hyukjae who nodded, having breakfast together wasn’t bad. Baekho ran to catch Sungmin, saying something and motioning them, Hyukjae saw Sungmin nodded.

JR stood “Hyung, we need to go, manager called me saying we must attend some meeting, I’m so sorry.”

“Eh?” Hyukjae asked disappointed but smiled “Okay, work first, and Sungmin is here now.”

JR wriggled his brows whispering to Hyukjae “Do you like Sungmin-hyung?”

Hyukjae coughed and shook his hands blushing “N-No, I-It isn’t like that!”

JR just grinned “Okay~ then have a nice date.”

Sungmin who just arrived after making a high-five with Baekho, asked pretending to be lost “What date?”

Hyukjae said loudly “No one’s date!”

“O-Okay”

Sungmin winked to the boys and when they were waving good bye, JR saw Kyuhyun and Leeteuk at the entrance of the expensive super market, he frowned already walking to them; Minhyun stopped him.

“Let them be, Kyuhyun-sunbae is my bet.”

JR pouted “But we agreed one per date!”

Minhyun chuckled “True, then let’s stay and make sure hyung’s date isn’t ruined”

JR sighed watching the screen of his phone, biting his lower lip “It wasn’t a lie manager wants to meet us, but two of us can stay behind.”

Baekho raised his hand “I will stay, I’m gambling for Sungmin-sunbae!”

Ren blushed and also lifted his hand “I-I will keep an eye to Kyuhyun-sunbae…”

Baekho grinned, his arm around Ren’s shoulders, who blushed and Minhyun nodded slowly, JR smiled “Let’s go then. I’m counting on you two.”

 

 


I like Sungmin, sorry for his words, it was necessary.