I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

 

So, to preserve as much blood as possible, I rushed away from Taemin's house and began my search.

This outfit of mine may look cool and handsome, but precisely because it was too cool and too handsome, I would attract way too much attention if I were to walk on the streets. It's like announcing to the whole world, 'I'm a suspicious person!' I'd be dragged off by my own EXO Knights as well as the royal guards to have 'a little chat' with the Water Knight!

So the only option left for me is to run about atop the roofs.

Luckily for me, it is now in the evening, when the twilight made things difficult to see. Otherwise, I would have been spotted immediately by the patrolling guards below in the streets.

I leapt from roof to roof, feeling light as a feather, as if I were flying. Each leap was twice the height of a man, and each time I landed, as quietly as a cat. I felt like laughing out loud, oh, how I enjoyed this rare feeling of freedom.

Taemin really is worthy of his status as a-god knows how many centuries old-necromancer. Even a simple gift casually handed over is such a treasure. Although… this outfit's name is really weird. Why call it Dragon Slayer’s Robe? Its name is so outdated. These days, aren't precious artifacts are more commonly called the Atlantis Sword or XXX Goddess' Blessings, or something like that?

But back to the matter at hand-even stranger than its name-is the Dragon Slayer Robe’s bloodsucking element. With it that much blood, where does it all go?

I have great suspicions that this outfit is actually a kind of dark creature, but… on the other hand, maybe its true form actually is just an outfit?

'This lowly one really is just an outfit.'

I came to a standstill at once and looked around, but other than myself there is not a single person on the roof, so who said that just now? Maybe I'm just suffering from excessive blood loss and hallucinating?

'This humble servant has yet to your blood. Only when Master has changed back will he have to pay out the appropriate amount of blood.'

"Ooh… Is that so?" I nodded in understanding. "That's pretty considerate. People put on this outfit to aid them in battles. If they were to start feeling faint during the battle due to excessive blood loss, they would lose the fight very quickly."

'Master, you praise this one too much.'

"Oh no, not at all. I'm only stating the truth. This really is… very… very considerate…"

My eyes widened as I looked around. I could have sworn that the only thing capable of speech around here was--!

Then what the heck was talking to me just now?! And so politely too!

'This lowly one is the Dragon Slayer's Robe.'

"You're this black outfit I'm wearing?" I stiffly looked down at the supercool black and white armor outfit. "Prove it to me." I asked of it doubtfully.

'May this one ask Master what proof is required of this servant?'

"Stop calling me Master and saying 'this one', 'that one'. It sounds weird." I shook my head and said offhandedly, "Why don't you move a little?"

'Yes, Master.'

Immediately after speaking, I started feeling a strange sensation. Why does it feel as if… something very tight is squeezing me?!

I looked down in panic and watched disbelievingly as my waist shrunk… I gaped speechless at my now 25 inch waist, when I started to feel a little short of breath. I hurriedly cried out, "Stop, stop, stop! I'm going to be squeezed to death! I believe you're the Dragon Slayer's Robe, so stop already!"

'Yes, Master.'

I watched in gratitude as my waist returned to its proper girth that any full grown man should have-30 inches.

"How the times have changed!" I sighed with feeling.

In the past, only prized swords or magic gems and stuff like that could talk; but now, even clothes have started speaking!

'This lowly one is extremely sorry; this servant will not simply speak up in the future.'

'What a good and obedient outfit!' I thought. Then, I couldn't resist the urge to ask, "Since you're so obedient, could you not my blood when I change back?"

'Th-this, I'm sorry but… this lowly one is unable to do so…'

'As expected, it didn't work,' I sighed. Oh well, I doubt I'll be using this outfit often, what's a little 300 mL of blood to me, eh?

'Master, there's some movement about a hundred meters to your left.'

'What?!' I was rather shocked. I was shocked, not because there was some movement ahead, but because of the discovery that this Dragon Slayer's Robe came with an 'auto detection sensor'! That 300 mL worth of blood really is worth it!

I advanced in the direction given by the Dragon Slayer's Robe and discovered my own EXO knight troops below. More than twenty EXO knight troops were gathered; the frost badge worn proudly on their chest proclaimed them to be from the Frost Knight Division. Their leader, Xiumin, the Frost Knight was there too.

Upon seeing this, I hurriedly crouched down on the roof to avoid being spotted by any of them and possibly getting mistaken for a bad guy.

But I was puzzled about one thing. This month isn't the Frost Knight Division's turn to patrol the city. If I'm not mistaken, this month it should be the Water Knight Division that are in charge of patrolling the streets. Whenever it comes the Water Knight Division's turn to do the patrolling, the city's crime rate would drop drastically. No one would dare to start a fight on the streets; why, even quarrelling married couples would shut their windows carefully before fighting with each other. Softly.

 

I went ahead, jumping from roof to roof, until I could see Baron Weston’s mansion.

Since it’s still early in the evening where people are still wide awake, I’ll just have to sneak inside and find a hallway for secret passages that would lead to their bedrooms.

All nobles have secret passageways in their mansion for the reason of escaping, sneaking away, or for secret rendezvous.

After finding a hidden spot with my black and silver 'bloodthirsty clothes', I prepared to sneak into the mansion and locate Baron Weston’s 3rd son’s room to kidnap him…

'Master, this lowly one is the Dragon Slayer’s Robe, not the bloodthirsty clothes.' 

"Argh! You scared me." I patted my chest, 'don't worry, don't worry it's just the clothes'. "Don't suddenly speak out like that; you nearly had me discovered by someone."

'Yes, Master.'

You might think that it is an unwise decision to wear a black outfit in a suspicious way, but at least it's better this way than to wear my Flight Knight uniform and be discovered sneaking around the grounds, up to no good.

Besides, there are all kinds of ridiculously huge decorations placed all over the hallways that can provide cover for me to duck into. For example, this flower vase even taller than a man (can one even put flowers in it?); or that super-heavy armor that no knight would be able to move in (what's the point of forging it if no one's going to wear it?); and many others.

And if I really can't hide from them, well that's alright too.

 

So, I sneaked along the hallways, slipping into a secret hallway for a while before exiting, only to enter another.

As I crept along the secret hallways, I considered the secret rooms and hallways around that person's bedchambers.

I'd been walking around in maze of secret pathways for some time, but thankfully I have an excellent memory and was able to easily find my way out. Before long, I had stepped into an empty secret room. But from the thick cobwebs covering the whole room (even thicker than my cloak!), this wasn't it.

Next, I had originally decided to exit into the bedchambers from here and enter the second secret room from there, but as I looked at these layers upon layers of cobwebs, I shudder to think of having to go through all of them, wishing I could just burn them away with a fire spell.

But there might be sorcerers in Baron Weston’s mansion. If I were to let loose with a magic spell, they would immediately sense it. So with no choice left for me, I pushed on ahead through the cobwebs, trying my best to keep myself from touching them. Despite my best efforts, I was covered with cobwebs by the time I finally made my way to the exit. I bent down for the hidden door…

"It's sealed shut." I felt like crying at this frustration. I should have anticipated this.

I hoped, as I made my way once more through the winding hallways. To my surprise, this secret pathway was much smaller at only half my height, forcing me to crawl through on my hands and knees. At the end of the tunnel, I entered a small room only two meters high and two meters across.

I raised my head to look at the ceiling, for the exit leading to the person's bedchambers was a trapdoor in the ceiling. Thankfully this one hadn't been sealed. I guess this room was a better-kept secret, that even the bedchambers' owner was unaware of its existence. I gently lifted the trapdoor (how heavy!) and peeked around the room. No one's around.

I tried to further lift open the trapdoor but it wouldn't budge further. I pushed with all my strength, lifting it up and pushing it to the side, before I was finally able to climb out. By then, my clothes were drenched in my sweat from all my effort.

I stood there panting, trying to catch my breath. I doubt that I would have been able to lift the trapdoor were it not for the boosted strength the Dragon Slayer’s Robe had given me.

After getting back my breath, I looked around the room before realizing that there was a huge marble cabinet placed atop the trapdoor. It was even taller than me by ten or so centimeters-no wonder it was so heavy!

I looked around to find whose bedchamber I’m in right now and with my luck, all the efforts were paid off as I was in the 3rd son’s room.

I was thinking of hiding myself on the cabinet or curtain as I wait for the 3rd son to resign to his room and when the opportunity comes, I’ll sneakily kidnap him and get away from here before somebody finds out.

'Master, I could feel powerful auras behind this bookshelf!’

A hidden chamber behind these walls? I’m guessing it’s the Grey Knight but he’s not the one I’m here for. That goddamn 3rd son, but I’m curious… I wanted to check if the Grey Knight is with someone inside. Who knows, maybe it’s the 3rd son.

Behind a wardrobe, I quickly found the hidden entrance heading to a very dark chamber. Immediately upon opening the concealed door, I could feel the Grey Knight’s dark aura.

I slowly walked down the stairs, the lights becoming brighter and brighter, leading to a very large spacious room.

I hid myself behind a wall for I could see the Grey Knight ready for battle. A tall, handsome man, wearing a cloak, was standing opposite him.

I don’t need to know who that person is for even without his flame badge on his chest, there’s no doubt that this man is one of my EXO Knights.

That damn old geezer of a king, could he have given Chanyeol the same mission he has given me?

 

 

 

 

such late update... apologies >_<

I just got a sore throat and my head feels heavy so I didn't have time to write

Anyways, Chanyeol will debut next chapter XD

~SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT~