I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

 

I reached the darkest and most rundown part of the street and stopped in front of a house that looked rather inhabitable.

I kicked open the door and swept into the house. There were only a few pieces of broken furniture inside; and covering every inch of surface and more were layers upon layers of cobweb. No one could have been living here, not even a stray dog.

But I know for a fact that this was merely an illusion spun by a necromancer to hide from the prejudiced public.

"Dead corpse! So you refuse to come out?" I slowly reached out a beautiful white hand from within the folds of my cloak… ! It's a golden colored hand.

Sob… I've turned into a honey golden colored Flight Knight!

No, forget about it for now. I have a necromancer to draw out. Without reciting any spells, light began gathering in my hand, growing stronger and stronger until its soft white glow illuminated the whole house.

How did I learn to use light?

I saw Baekhyun, the Light Knight, use this ability and it just so happens that I can learn any ability just by looking it.

"Kris! Kris!" the shouts finally drew.

I jerked my head up and saw a middling black shadow jumping about while desperately shouting out my name. I quickly released the light.

"Oh, oh! It hurts!" The black shadow crouched in a corner of the room while sobbing pitifully.

The whole house looked different, for my light had broken the necromancer's illusion spell. The numerous cobwebs have disappeared, leaving behind a clean looking house, but…

Pink! Pink, pink, pink! Everything was pink colored!

There was no need to set the illusion spell to hide the fact that a necromancer was living here.

The walls were pink; the tables and chairs were pink; the bed was pink; filling the house to the brim was pink colored. Nobody would believe that a necromancer lived here!

The dark and debilitated house, filled with dirty cobwebs had looked even more suited to a necromancer than this pink house!

"Kris…" The middling black shadow tugged at my cloak shyly.

I looked down and glared down at it fiercely.

The shadow folded into its self and sniffled softly at my glare.

"What are you crying for? You're a necromancer!" I looked at the middling shadow disbelievingly.

.   .   .

A handsome young man with honey golden skin sat on a pink recliner, surrounded by pink. Opposite him is an adorable teenage boy with large soulful eyes and mid-length light golden brown hair.

"So, corpse, are you saying that you didn’t summon the Grey Knight?" I asked with a frown.

"Hey! Don't keep calling Taemin corpse! Taemin is called Taemin!" The boy complained as he his lollipop, but pouted when I glared at him and explained. "Taemin only knows how to revive dead corpse, not summon a Grey Knight.”

"But you can still do summoning." I exhorted irritatingly.

He just merely looked down and concentrated on his lollipop, “Yeah, but that was way back centuries ago. I don’t do that anymore.” He looked back up at me and stressed, “There are others out there who uses black magic but I doubt you’ll find the one who summoned the Grey Knight so easily.”

I knitted my eyebrows and asked, "What do you know about a Grey Knight?"

He looked at me with an experienced look in his eyes… He might like pretending to be a teenage boy and be winsome, but who knows how old he really is. “Grey Knights are evil spirits from the underworld. When summoned in the living world, they are souls who needed body in order to possess and take over. They are called Grey Knight because; aside from their immense power; once they take over a body, their appearance changes into that of a warrior wearing light silver armor with grey flames burning in the place of eyes. The face of the possessed body never changes though so it’s easy to identify who the victim is.”

I thought for a moment and recalled the face of the Grey Knight this morning and planned to meet a sketch artist so that he can draw the face of the Grey Knight to find some leads.

I’ll just ask the most vital question before I leave, “How do you defeat a Grey Knight?”

Taemin just finished his lollipop and is now ready to open a cup of strawberry milk.

This gluttonous necromancer, how many can he actually take and not gain weight? But wait, he’s already dead… he’s stopped growing…

After sipping the milk, he answered, “Since the possessed body is considered a dead body, you just have to destroy it and have a mage banish the spirit to bring it back to where it came from.”

Ah, easy thing to do, but why do I feel that it would be hard to defeat?

I resignedly stood up and slowly got up, before slowly making my way over to the door…

"Kris."

I turned around and looked at Taemin, who was leaning against one of the pink walls and still sipping his strawberry milk.

He batted his eyes at me and said, "You should remember that Taemin keeps his word. I would gladly accept you as my apprentice at any time. Even the EXO and your teacher, the strongest Flight Knight in history, cannot force me to hand over my apprentice."

I stared at him blankly, uncertain of his meaning. Was he offering to protect me?!

The corpse might be a little weird-OK, a lot weird-but he is definitely a loyal friend.

I smiled at him weakly and waved goodbye; the boy didn't say another word either and merely waved his cup of milk at me happily.

.   .   .

Along the way, I saw some EXO knight troops marching anxiously towards the central plaza. From this distance, I could feel the presence of a dark aura coming from the area they were heading to.

Without any second thoughts, I pulled back my hood to reveal my face and whipped the horse to start it running towards the central plaza.

When I got there, the area was surrounded by knights and curious bystanders. I could also see my EXO Knights; D.O., Lay, Luhan, and Xiumin.

Ah, another member of EXO-M is here and I haven’t introduced him yet. Remember in chapter III where I mentioned baozi? That’s him, Xiumin, the Frost Knight. He has a very bad temper and is very outspoken. No one dares to call him baozi, except for Luhan who keeps calling him baozi baozi relentlessly, or else they’ll end up that of an ice sculpture.

After dismounting from the horse, I saw the Grey Knight standing atop the statue of a fountain surrounded by the EXO knight troops.

Why does this Grey Knight always like to stand on something? Does it want to be tall?

As I came to view, the Grey Knight saw me and laughed condescendingly, “Haha, what do we have here? It’s the Flight Knight! Should you all be hanging around here wasting time instead of protecting the palace and the royal family?”

‘The palace? My EXO Knights wouldn’t carelessly leave the palace without 3 or more of them is left behind to guard the palace and the royal family.’

Believing easily on what the Grey Knight said, Xiumin turned around and looked at me with anxious eyes, “Kris, the palace!”

As I was about to answer, all their faces were that of shock and Luhan shouting, “Kris, careful!”

“Eh!”

Startled by the cry, I suddenly felt a great pain across my back. Before I could turn and see who had sneaked an attack at me, Luhan had come running at me to give me support and was turning to look at my back with concern. I could faintly hear him gasp upon seeing my back.

It's not that bad, is it? I, too, worriedly craned my neck around to look at my back, but just couldn't manage to see my injury.

"Kris, don't you hurt, at all?" Ask Luhan worriedly.

I shook my head. Hmph. What? This little injury? After undergoing several months of my teacher's special 'tripping training', I have become a Flight Knight who can still smile as brilliantly as ever-even after falling down 323 flights of steps! This little pain doesn't bother me in the slightest.

"You sure it really doesn't hurt?" Luhan still sounded quite panicked.

I restrained myself from rolling my eyes at him. Darn it, Luhan! How many times do I have to tell you I’m fine? 

"Brother Telekinesis Knight, don’t worry for this Flight Knight is blessed with God’s presence and has helped to make the pain fade away."

"Kris, you're amazing. To call such an injury only a little painful…" murmured Luhan.

Ignoring Luhan, I turned my attention to the guy who had popped out of nowhere. It was the Grey Knight who was standing atop the statue just seconds ago, but now, he has sneakily done an attack at me without us even noticing.

Now that I got to look at him closely, the face was not the face of the Grey Knight who infiltrated this morning but that of the prisoner that had escaped with the help of the 1st Grey Knight.

What happened to that Grey Knight this morning? Could there be 2 Grey Knights now?

One moment, he was behind us; the next, he was already back on top of the statue a while ago.

“Lay, order one of your knights to go to the palace to check on them. Luhan, let 5 of your knights find a nearby mage as we will need one right now. The rest of you stay here and help defeat this Grey Knight.” I ordered.

“You dare sneakily attacked Kris, you despicable creature.” Shouted Xiumin in anger as he drew out his Frost Blade – which looks uncannily like an icicle.

“Knights, this is not the same Grey Knight who infiltrated the EXO Covenant this morning but the prisoner who has been taken free by the Grey Knight.”

“What!” All of them gasped as they looked at him more clearly.

“Listen, this Grey Knight is an evil spirit who possessed and took this prisoners body. Nevertheless, this prisoner is already dead so you don’t have to hold back on injuring him. Be careful, if he thinks that that body of his is not suitable anymore, the spirit will come out and find a new body. Only a mage can banish him so until then, we have to persevere on dealing with him until a mage is here.”

“Lay, take care of Kris.” Luhan demanded Lay coldly as he moved forward to get in line with Xiumin and D.O.

The moment Luhan said that, he instantly switches from a very nice guy to a very scary guy.

The EXO knight troops as well as the citizens retracted to give my knights some space for battle.

As Lay summoned his shield, D.O. squatted down and held his palms down on the ground and caused a quake until the cobbled street cracked.

As a manipulator of Earth, D.O. can move/lift rocks, boulders, and stones at nearly any speed. With a lift of his hand, the cracked cobble stones floated in the air and with the help of Luhan’s telekinesis, all the stones flew right at the Grey Knight, trapping him inside. The accumulated stones were still expanding until it formed a very huge sphere.

Just watching it, I can’t help but be amazed at how huge the sphere is becoming, but no matter how thick it is, black flames slowly leaked out from its creases.

I’m so glad that I’m safe behind Lay’s shield because the sphere where the Grey Knight was imprisoned at exploded, blasting away all the stones at everywhere. The EXO knight troops protected the citizens. D.O., Lay, and Xiumin also deflected the stones that blasted their way.

After recovering, D.O. relentlessly attacked the Grey Knight by now shooting in large boulder of stones. While the Grey Knight is distracted, Luhan drew out his sword and released it. The sword floated on his side and with his gesture, the sword flew right at the Grey Knight’s chest.

The Grey Knight roared in pain and descended on the ground. The Grey Knight's chest started sizzling-like a fish on a grill-and soon, there was a hollow pit where Luhan’s sword had struck him. No blood flowed from it, but his wounds oozed a sticky black substance.

This seemed to encourage D.O. even more to draw out his sword and advance directly at the Grey Knight. The Grey Knight was able to draw out his sword to block D.O.’s sword and thus allowed Xiumin to somersault in the air above the Grey Knight to slash him at the back. This again caused the Grey Knight to emit another inhuman roar.

The time Xiumin landed on the fountain, the water became ice and this allowed him to manipulate it at will. An Ice Dragon ascended from the ice and flew right at the Grey Knight turning him into ice. With Xiumin’s icicle… I mean his Frost Blade, he slashed it into half.

Now that the body is of no use, a thick black smoke came out of it and I’m sure that that is the spirit of the Grey Knight, and thank God just in time, a mage arrived and chanted a spell to banish the spirit back to where it came from.

The Grey Knight’s spirit was actually struggling and it even needed 1 more mage, thank God one more came, until finally, the black smoke slowly dissipated until it vanished. The dark aura around the area had vanished as well.

Everyone roared in victory and my EXO Knights relaxed in their battle mode. D.O., Luhan, and Xiumin all sheathed their swords and Lay retracted his shield before turning to look at me with a severe expression. But for some reason, the moment they saw me, they looked stunned.

"Kris, you… are you alright?" asked Lay, looking like he had just seen a ghost.

I emphatically shook my head. Why is everyone looking at me like that?

D.O. kept silent, but his gaze dropped from my face to the ground, all the while looking a little dazed. Curious, I followed his gaze and looked down.

Oh, my! Where did all the blood come from? All the bright red looked rather startling-and impressive-against the brown cobbled street.

Hold on! Why are my white pants leg stained red?

"Kris… are you sure you're OK?" Luhan sounded like he was fighting to hold back his tears.

Don't tell me that… this whole floor of blood… is mine? 

"Luhan…" I said, before realizing that how faint my voice was.

"Yes?" Luhan quickly drew closer. I was probably too soft for him to hear.

"Give me a hand…"

"Kris!"

And then, I–extremely elegantly–passed out.

 

 

 

sigh~ it took me a while to finish chapter IV because of work.

First, I have to repost chapter III and then lots of jobs at the office last week have been accummulating requiring me to do OT for 4 days.

I'm about to have Tao's eyebags. Oh, wait, Tao said it's not eyebags, hehe~

Well guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Quite long though...

~Subscribe and comment~

thanks for waiting patiently ^_^