I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

 

“Kris, it’s me, Luhan. We have a problem! You should come with me now. An intruder has been spotted on our vicinage.”

Ah, it’s just Luhan, the Telekinesis Knight. He’s one of the EXO-M and one of the EXO Knights that I actually like.

Regardless of Lay whose feigning innocence, honesty, and goodness; Luhan is good through and through.

He has a very young handsome face most men envy among his age group, including me ~cough.

That’s right. Luhan and I are of the same age but how does he maintain his youthful baby face while I get matured every single day.

I swear, he must have been using some youth potion to look younger than his actual age. Luhan, you sly... would it hurt you to not share a little with me? Although he had stated it before that he’s not using any, I still have doubts.

“Brother Telekinesis Knight, please wait for a brief moment for I was always reminded to present one’s self in a clean and tidy demeanor.”

No matter how important it is, I still have to wipe all of this whitening paste and put on some clothes. Otherwise, the others might mistake me for the intruder and actually get attacked by my own EXO Knights.

“That’s all right. Take your time. I’ll try to help the others hold the intruder until you get there.” And then I heard him turn around and ran off.

See how nice he is? Why, if I were a woman, I’d definitely tell him – softly and gently, “You’re the best.”

I’m glad I hadn’t steamed myself yet. Why? Because wet paste is easier to scrape off than dried paste. If you don’t believe me, try slapping some glue onto yourself and see which one is easier to scrape off: the wet part or the dried part.

I easily washed away all the paste with no problems; although, together along with the paste are all my effort (and money), flowing down the drain – rose and lavender extract don't come cheap ya know!

And so I watched sadly as my salary flowed down the drain… Damn it! I'm going to release all my anger and frustrations on this damn intruder!

I donned my uniform, grabbed my sword (mandatory as a knight), and kicked my door open. Luckily, Luhan, that nice guy, had thoughtfully instructed an apprentice to lead me to the fight.

I quickly rushed down towards the scene, leaving the guide behind, for I could easily sense the dark aura from the execution grounds outside the EXO Covenant.

Wait. If it was just a mere normal human intruder, why would he have a dark aura? I have a bad feeling about this.

I leaped onto the roof to get a better view of the battlefield before leaping down.

“Kris, you’re finally here!” Luhan turned to me with a relieved expression.

Standing beside him were Chen, Lay and D.O., each leading several knights from their own platoons. All in total, there were about 20 or so knights gathered there.

I focused more clearly on the creature that’s in front of us which I easily recognized.

Ah! A Grey Knight.

“…..”

W-wait, a Grey Knight?

Grey Knights are mythical ‘half-human half-demon’ creature found only in pages of old books. The probabilities of summoning them are so low that necromancers or mages wouldn’t even bother to summon.

!

Due to being overly surprised, my control of my left leg slipped, causing it to bend insufficiently and collide into my right leg, which in turn caused my right knee to bend at a wrong angle, leading to my being unable to step out with my right leg properly… in other words-

I tripped.

In midair.

Luckily for my teacher's 'reasonable' and 'unreasonable' training, my abilities to trip elegantly are second to none.


I bent my waist and tilted my upper body forward, swept out my arms gracefully-not unlike a dancing ballerina's, flipped around 720 degrees in the air before twirling 180 degrees as I land. Lastly, I pulled in my arms to my chest in a butterfly shape, took a deep breath and regained the Flight Knight's confident and elegant bearing.

 

'Clap, clap, clap, clap…!' 

 

The audience immediately burst out into thunderous applause. One of the knights even pounded on his shield while clamoring, "Encore, encore! One more time!"

To hell with you and your 'one more time'! Why hasn’t the Grey Knight sent this idiot to his eternal rest to be re-enlightened?


"10 points!" The ever nice and kind Luhan immediately gave me full marks.

"Hmph! 5 points. His landing was a bit wobbly." Ooh, curse that evil Lay! He must still be upset about me interrupting his time with the lady.

"8 points. The trip before the queen was more beautiful." Chen… At least, he’s honest. I admit that at that time to avoid humiliating myself in front of a queen, I had called upon my superhuman abilities to-beautifully and elegantly, fall down 323 flights of steps.



Ever since that incident, the Church of Alvariel’s flight of steps holds a special place of hatred in my heart. I hate them even more than Lay.

! Why build such a long flight of steps in the first place?

If it weren't for the hundreds of priests and Lay waiting to heal me at the bottom of the steps, I would have become the first Flight Knight to die from falling down the stairs.

 

Back to the story, though the Grey Knight is half-human, yet a closer look would tell you that he was definitely not human. It had a skin of ashy grey with grey flames enveloping its whole body and hollow eyes which, instead of an eyeball, emits grey flames. He is wearing a silver light armor and on his back is a big pair of devil’s wings.

Oh how I wish the Flame Knight was here so that it’ll be between flame versus flame, but I doubt it would be a good idea. I couldn’t imagine the outcome if you combine red and grey flames.

So the best suitable opponent for the Grey Knight would be the Frost Knight… but he’s not here. Where could that damn baozi be slacking to out of all this time?

Right now, the Grey Knight is standing on top of the big wooden cross where the murderer, to be hanged within 2 days, was tied.

In a matter of seconds, the knight platoon had already surrounded the Grey Knight leaving no way of escape.

Okay! So let’s do this the fastest way. “Chen,” I called out.

“Right!” He nodded.

Chen balled his fists creating lightning currents surrounding his limbs. Dark clouds slowly hovered above us and rumbles of thunder were heard. Chen raised his right hand and in just a fraction of second, a huge, bolt of lightning came down from the dark clouds hitting the Grey Knight directly.

Hah! With that high voltage, I bet that the Grey Knight has now turned into grey ashes out of his skin by now.

Due to shock, it caused the ground to shake and dusts and rocks were flying outward the source of impact.

Immediately, Lay summoned his shield in front of us. I may hate this guy, but I have to admit that my favorite place to be is right behind his shield, especially when facing enemies who are too strong for me.

I don’t know if this Grey Knight is truly the devil himself because when the dusts have dissipated, the Grey Knight was still standing above the wooden cross, unharmed, as well as the murderer below him.

D.O. then stepped forward but before he could even make a move, the Grey Knight stretched out his hand as darker grey flames escaped his hand, swirling downward until both the Grey Knight and the murderer were enveloped by it.

Then, like the devil he is, they were gone.

I hadn’t had seen such abilities before and neither do I know about the abilities of a Grey Knight, but one thing is for sure, that bastard is one hell of a strong knight.

If I encounter him myself again… then, I shall pray right now.

But don’t belittle the Flight Knight. For what reason am I chosen to be the leader of EXO Knights if it weren’t for my abilities?

My looks?

That’s one of the reason… ~cough.

I turned to Chen, “Chen, mobilize the EXO Knights on duty around the city. We don’t know what other abilities the Grey Knight has, so just to be sure, have them go in pairs. I’ll see what I can find about this Grey Knight.”

“Yes, I’ll let them know.”

.   .   .

I hurriedly went back to my room and pulled out a cloak to conceal myself for I have to go somewhere.

My holiday, goddamn it~ Instead of just holing myself inside my room, apply my whitening cream, and get some beauty sleep, I get to go outside and investigate the whereabouts of the Grey Knight.

So it’s basically my fault why I am complaining right now for I ordered Chen to let the EXO Knights investigate, but the king will have to order us to find and kill the Grey Knight sooner or later, so it’s just the same thing if we do it now or later.

Might as well take the initiative than or be called a slacker for not doing anything.

I made my way through the back door, making sure no one sees me for my look right now tells ‘I am suspicious.’

Once outside, I decided on the fastest way to go there and that is to ride with my dragon.

Dragon you say?

Yeah, I can summon a dragon, but since I have to avoid suspicion and a dragon really attracts huge attention, I dropped that option.

If I fly, the other EXO Knights might notice my aura, so that’s not an option either.

So a horse it is.

I borrowed a horse on our stable secretly and gently rode on its back. To avoid any unnecessary distractions, I pulled my hood lower to conceal my face and slowly left.

I have to confirm a thing that’s why I have to seek this person, or should I say a creature, for answers. As a knight of the royal family and member of EXO Knights, it is not allowed to associate oneself to this creature that’s why I have to go there in secret.

 

 

 

 

sigh~ I have to repost Chapter III again since it hasn't recovered yet up till now.

and the comment for this chapter was gone, huhu T_T

 

To those who have not subscribed yet, PLEASE DO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT.

~ I’ll be waiting ~