I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

I Am The Flight-Knight Captain, Kris

 

The EXO Knights are the keeper of peace and justice in the Kingdom of Alvariel and words of their prodigiousness spread outside the kingdom and are known all over the continent.

The EXO Knights are divided into 2 factions; the Warm-Compassionate Faction which is led by me, Kris, The Flight Knight and the other being the Shrewd-Austere Faction led by The Water Knight, Suho. As you can tell by the names, the two factions don’t get along very well and are often seen bickering at each other.

Since there are 2 factions with 1 leader each, EXO needs to have 1 leader that would represent all of EXO Knights. The Flight Knight was chosen to be the head of the EXO Knight and that makes me, Kris, the head of these bunch of kids… ~cough… I mean knights.

To make our faction name easier to remember than those 3-word mouthfuls, citizens of Alvariel suggested a simple name. For the Warm-Compassionate Faction, they chose EXO-M which stands for mercifull and for the Shrewd-Austere Faction, they chose EXO-K which means kindless.

The EXO Knights have roles and distinct characteristics. This is because every generation of EXO Knights, they adapt the characteristics of the 1st generation EXO Knights.

Confused?

Okay. Take me for example. I am The 38th generation Flight Knight. The 1st generation Flight Knight is a kind, forgiving, elegant, poetic person who always wears a smile to everyone. Now that I am the Flight Knight, I have to embody the 1st generation Flight Knight and it’s not just me, all of the other EXO Knights has to do the same with their respective roles.

You ask why do we have to do these roles?

That’s because it is written in the history from old books telling tales about the EXO Knights. People who hadn’t seen the EXO Knights in person only envisaged the knights just like what is written in the book. It’s a role that every EXO Knights must not break. Now, I don’t want to be the first to break that rule myself, wouldn’t I?

So, you want to know who the rest of the EXO Knights are?

Hmm, maybe next time.

Since there are 11 of them, it’ll be a very long introduction but I won’t let you wait any further. Let’s start with the first knight who’s with me now, the Lightning Knight, Chen.

We call each of the EXO Knights their title for formalities and when we’re outside, but we do call each other’s real names when we feel like not wanting to call the other with the long title.

If I have to describe him, he is a flirt who will always wink at every girl, good looking with an amazing bone structures, carefree who always skips meeting whenever he sees the opportunity (but that would also mean that all of the day’s paper work will all be dumped on him), and he is shorter than me.

“Did you say something?” He asked with a scrutinizing look.

“…..”

Is he psychic? Could he have heard me stating he was short?

Out of all the EXO Knights, I am the tallest being 187 cm while Chen just being 173 cm. Height is not a requirement to be an EXO Knight for as long as you have the skills.

Just like Chen who always has this carefree look of ‘whatever’, I too have to always wear a smile wherever I am (except in my room), and in whatever situation I am (except when I’m in a fight, of course) just for the sake of being The Flight Knight. Thinking back, I hadn’t really remembered when I have smiled wholeheartedly.

Wearing my fake smile, I answered back, “Brother Lightning Knight, you must have heard the humming of the birds singing in the morning to sing praises for this new day.”

His eye twitched with an annoyed look plastered on his face. Chen has always stated to me many times before to simplify my words when I talk to him but I can’t help it, I can’t break the rule of the Flight Knight. He very much hate the way I talk and believe me, I hate it either 10x.

As we arrived in the royal palace, we then proceeded to the guard at the entrance. With my most dazzling smile, I stated our purpose, “The Flight Knight and The Lightning Knight is here at the request of thy King.”

The guard seems at loss for words while staring at me, as if he saw the most beautiful person in the world. Chen cleared his throat and the guard seemed to have woken up from daydreaming.

He then announced it loudly so that the other guards can hear, “Tell the King that his guests, the Flight Knight and the Lightning Knight, are here.”

He stood up straight and held his hand over his head to salute at us. I saluted back at him and smiled, “Thank you.”

After walking that very long hallway, finally we arrived at the audience hall where the king is waiting.

The door opened and there already seated at the throne is the king. Standing on his right side is the crown prince Jonghyun, the heir to the throne, and on the other side is the baron and the kings 2 consultants.

As knights, we knelt and lowered our head before the king as a courtesy, “Your highness.”

He spoke, “I have called for you because of an important matter. Reports stated that the EXO Knights have already captured the murderer who had killed the Fenn Family 3 days ago. What’s the status?”

Chen and I both stood up and as the leader, I answered, “Yes, your highness. He has been denounced by the Water Knight, but your highness…” I have to entail my being compassionate and forgiving, “I feel pity for the poor soul for he does not know what he was doing.”

The king’s expression fell but in a relaxed way, “Captain Flight Knight, I’m so glad that the flight knight was not chosen to be the judge among the EXO Knights because I’m afraid you might absolve all the criminals because of your being soft and good-hearted nature.”

You got that right your highness, the Flight Knight always forgives those who have made a mistake but not Kris, for I don’t care if a criminal is tortured to death or by all means he deserve.

In order to fulfill my purpose as a Flight Knight, I continued, “Your highness, this Flight Knight cannot bear to see his fellow citizen be punished so cruel and that I ask to give this man a second chance.”

The king rolled his eyes and weakly waved his hand, “Whatever. Lightning Knight, what are you going to do to the criminal?”

This old geezer to ignore me just like that, but fine, I’ll let The Lightning Knight talk this time before I could even say anything that might convince the king to actually release the criminal.

I glanced at Chen whose eyes are red and swollen, probably because of winking at the girls that are hidden behind the curtain on the corner of the hall. Distracted, he answered, “Since the suspect had already admitted that he killed the Fenn Family, there’s no doubt that he’ll be sentenced to death and from what I’ve heard, he’ll be hanged within 2 days.”

The king nodded about this, “Good, good, because the citizens have been bothering us when the criminal would be punished. Take care of everything. That would be all, you may go.”

“Yes, your highness.” We bowed at him and took 2 steps backward before we stood straight and turned around to leave the hall.

Along the hallway, even more girls have appeared whispering ‘It’s the Flight and Lightning Knight.’ I paid no attention to them and took a quick glance at Chen who is sweating bullets upon seeing their number.

I have to give it to Chen for, although he is about to pass out, he braced himself to wink at every one of them which made the girls squeal in awe.

.  .  .

I looked once again at Chen whose eyes are reddish and swollen and at that moment, I am very sure that he’s going to go blind very young. I’ll pray for you this early, Chen.

“Kris, I’ll resign to my room now.” He relieved himself while swaying going up the steps to the door.

“Ah, yeah, may you rest in pe… ~cough… rest well brother Chen.”

He didn’t seem to have noticed the pillar ahead of him and the closer he gets… the closer… close, “CHEN, WATCH O—.”

“..…”

He dodged the pillar and he actually got inside the EXO Covenant without crashing into something. Well, that’s Chen for you.

Now! Since I have lots of free time today, might as well go and visit my good old friend, the judge.

 

 

 

Wassup everyone… At last, I finished the first chapter. FINALLY!!!

This took me 1 week to actually make up for the story in chapter one. That long? Yeah. That’s because, sometimes, I can’t think of a good situation or how will the story flow. Also, maybe because I’m stressed at work.

Now, I can deduce that I can only make 1 chapter once a week. So guys, hope you can wait that long. But don’t worry, I promise that every chapter will be good and exciting.

Friends, subscribers, silent readers, hope you'll like it.

~SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT PLEASE~

I want to know what you think of the story.