forty-two | i hate this love song

Luhan: The Annoying Brat
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I was looking out the window of our classroom, chin on my fist, and elbow on the table. The teacher hasn't arrived yet. But I probably won't be seeing one this morning. The weather's been too grumpy since yesterday.

Baekhyun leaned on my table and hooted as he gazed outside the window. "Do you think Ms. Shin'll come?"

The rain pouring outside hadn't stopped since last night. It wasn't too heavy; it's just a little bit too long for a rain. And the fact that it's still summer makes it all the more weird. I didn't move my head. "No. I think there won't be a first period."

Baekhyun pumped his fist in the air like he just won a lottery. "Oh, Sungchan. I hope your words would be an angel and come out true." He pushed of my table and went to another classmate of ours.

"Chan-Chan," I heard Lulu call me as he tapped my shoulder.

I turned around and arched my brows. "Hm?"

"Are we going to the event later?" he smiled. The way he calls us 'we' is like saying we're already one. But somehow, I felt like there's something wrong with Luhan's smile.

I slowly nodded as I stared. Then I blinked back to reality. "Huh? What event?"

"It's not actually an event, but there's a music company that'll visit later, and they're giving away free albums." He toyed with the edge of the table by sliding a finger on it back and forth.

“Lulu, are you okay?” I can’t help but ask. Ever since this morning, it felt like something was off with Luhan. I just couldn’t put a finger on it.

He stopped and looked up at me, gave me a big grin, but it was still off. “Of course. So, are we going?”

I nodded slowly. “Sure. Do you want to come?”

“I’ll always go wherever you are,” he smiled, but it faded quickly when a representative teacher entered our classroom to announce that we don’t have a teacher.

A loud cheer waved inside the classroom. All the students cahooted and jumped like crazy, even though their reactions are the total opposite of the weather outside.

“Okay, I'm out for first period!” Baekhyun grabbed his bag and skidded out of the classroom.

“Hey! Where are you going?” I heard Luna holler at him.

“Home, of course!” Baekhyun responded with a shout.

“But we only don’t have a teacher in the first period!” she snapped back.

“It’s the same as that!” Baekhyun disappeared for good.

I laughed. “Sometimes, I think those two could make a really good couple, don’t you think Lulu?” I turned to him, but he was staring

Please log in to read the full chapter