Chapter 5

Promise To Promise

 

Sometimes.....it's okay to be different.

 

 

“How’s your school today Honey?” My mother ask me while her hands which is holding a chopstick busying putting dishes toward my bowl.

“Okay, same with any other school.” I give out a sigh.

“Your saying things are okay but you gave out a sigh?” My mother put her chopstick down before looking at me. Eyes worried.

“Do you meet any new friends?” She asked me. She knew that it hard for me to make new friends as I …. I don’t know! It just feels hard for me.

“I meet a friend.” I murmur, and it’s true. All day in school and I only have talk to Mei and only her. My mother gives a reassuring smile.

“It’s a good start.”She stated. I let out a sigh while putting down my chopsticks, not even try to smile at her encouraging words as I know she will definitely realize it just a faked smile. Hearing my sigh, she my front hair before brushed it away from my eyes.

 

“You know Ara, sometimes it’s okay to be different. You didn’t do anything wrong. Just try to get along with others, okay?” Her soft voice try to inject confident in me.  Is it really okay to look different from others? I asked myself. My first crush, an American boy rejected me because of it, I don’t have any friends and become a loner in my old school in America also because of it. It’s all because of my mix face. My father is an American, my mother is a Korean. So….. I don’ think my black hair suitable in America and my blue eyes suitable here in Korea.

 

“I’ll try Mum,” I look at her, still not smiling. She still smiles before my cheek.

“Just do it slowly, okay?” She said before taking back her chopstick and continues eating. I am also mirroring her before slowly stuff the food inside my mouth.

 

 

Young Saeng’s POV

 

I looked at a watch on my wrist, it still early to go back home, I wondering around the school, try to find a quiet place for me to rest a while before going home, not bothering other students who are busy talking with each other, but for me it’s like their shouting at each other. It’s so noisy! I stuff my earphones to my ears try to avoid this kind of noise while walking along the corridor before stopping at a door. Dance Room? I asked myself, reading the sign on the door, before slowly opening it and smile when notice there is nobody in it.

 

 

Closing the door behind me before slowly stepping inside, I look at the large and wide mirror against the right wall, covering the wall. Of course, what do you expect from a dance room Young Saeng. I asked myself, but there is also a piano on the corner of this room. Stepping to it, I lay a finger on it and hit a note, the sound echoes in the room, before dropping my bag on the floor and sit beside the piano. I comforting myself on the sitting position, before leaning my head against the wall and close my eyes. It feels calm when I listen to the music from my mp4. Opening my left eye, I peek around; smiling when sure nobody will enter this room. I closed my eye back, hoping for this peace will last for a long time.