Chapter 12

Promise To Promise

I don’t want to be the heroine

 

Nobody POV

Ara slowly walking down the steps of the stairs of her house. She’s not in the mood for everything and it’s all because of the ‘great plan’. Well, today she’s going to found out the result of her ‘confrontation’ with Young saeng yesterday. Whether he’s going to start mingling with them or not, which Ara put the big hope with Yes! Start mingling already. She might be pointed to be their manager, but she really can’t manage this situation.

She slowly walk to the dining table in the kitchen. Her mother is already there, preparing breakfast.

“Morning, Mum…”she murmur, and slowly pulls a chair and sit on it.

“Morning, Honey!” her mother put a bowl of food on the table before messing her hair and kiss her head crown.

“Mum!” Ara whines at her before slowly fixing her short dark hair.

Her mother only smile before she pulls a chair and sit on the opposites of her daughter.

“What’s with your face, Ara. It’s still in the morning, can’t you smile a bit.” She asked while start eating her breakfast.

“Nothing, Mum.”Ara forces a smile on her face. Look at her breakfast and start eating. When she looks back at her mother, she already gives her a really-I-know-you-Ara look. Ara sigh.

“You know I was forced to be a manger for a bunch of boys, right, Mum?”Ara looks at her mother, she nods.

“Well, there is some kind of internal conflict in the group in which I was once again forced to solve. So, today I’m waiting for the result of my forced effort.” Ara look at her mother and picking at her food.

Her mother smiles at her. “Well, whatever the conflict is, I think it’s good for you, solving problem make you interact with people which in this case is what you needed.” She gives her a pointed look.

Ara looks at her with unbelievable eyes. “Mum! I…”

“Why don’t you bring those boys to our house, I want to meet your new friends.” Her mother cut her protest with a sweet request.

Ara sigh. “I see what I can do with that.” In which she believe might take times.

Her mother smiles and put down her chopsticks. “Finish your breakfast.” She then bring her bowl to the sink.

Ara only look at her half eaten food with yeah! Like what has been said before, no mood.

 

 

Ara’s POV

I greet Mei and take my sit beside her. She gives me a small smile and pull my hand to follow her. What is wrong with her? She always pulling my hand like this. She walks fast to the toilet.

“Mei! Slown down a bit!” She opened the door of the toilet and when she’s sure that nobody is there -when I said sure I mean by she is sure by checking every compartment in the toilet- she locked the toilet and look at me.

I look at her face. She has this kind of nervous look. “What’s wrong?” I held her hand. She look at me and held both of my hands.

“Ara,….”She’s whispering, which somehow make myself nervous too.

“I accidently heard a few girls chatting this morning, they were talking about you, Ara! They said that you were a nuisance, who just entered this school and suddenly got to join the four boys. They hated you.” She is still whispering. “You need to be careful, okay. I think the girls planned something for you.”

I look at her. Deadpanned. What is this? I only entered the school and I already have an enemy. Oh! Help me I only make one friend and its look I already manage to make more enemies.

“What have I done for them to hate me?” I ask Mei. Come on! Does the situation now even make sense? I never even spoke with any girls beside Mei to make them hate me.

“They jealous, I think, you were closer to their boys, that’s what they hope for themselves, Ara.” Jealous? Closer? I don’t even close with the boys. I was forced okay, I don’t applied, asked, or do anything to join them.

“What should I do, Mei?” I look pleadingly to Mei. I can’t handle this!

“You need to be careful, maybe you can tell Hyun Joong, Kyu Jong, Jung Min and Hyung Jun or even Young Saeng. They maybe can think of something.” She look at me with bright eyes.

Tell the boys, what I should tell them? They really can help me. I look at Mei. Disbelieve in my eyes.

“Trust me, okay. I know Hyun joong, Kyu jong, jung min and hyung jun will not let anything happened to you. They are going to be the heroes who save their heroine!” She states excitedly.  

What heroes? What heroine? They can be the heroes if they want, with all due respect, but I’m not interested in joining ‘the act’. I don’t want to be the heroine. Let someone else take my place. I don’t want any drama in my life.