Chapter 3

Promise To Promise

 

New Friend

 

I look towards the people in front of me. Okay! This is so….not going to work! I ‘m not good at introducing myself, especially when many eyes are directed to me….okay……. maybe to the boy beside me to.

“Erm… Ara….from…… America before, just moved here.” That’s enough right!

“Full name please….!” A boy, suddenly shout while raising one of his hand.

 

 

I gasp from the shout. Full name? I looked at that particular boy, give him a sharp-eye-looked before answering, “Ara….just called me Ara.” I really don’t like it when people asking my full name. I don’t know… maybe, I just fell different with my name especially here in Korea although this is place where I was born and I really don’t like to fell different. That boy frown his brow when heard my answer, the whole class actually.

 

 

“Okay..Mr. Heo, maybe you can introduce yourself too?” I glance at a boy beside me, notice the quiet after I’ve introduce myself. What…?  Is he also not good at introducing himself?

After a quite long of silent. He bows, “Heo Young saeng , from Korea." A whole class suddenly laugh..What? what is so funny with his words?

“We know you from Korea, but which part of Korea?  Maybe you can be specific a little.”A girl giggling while asking that question. I took another glance at that boy, his face expression still cold, not even change with all the giggling and laughing.

“Seoul.”He answered, looking straight forward to the front. Expressionless……. I tilt my head and frown my brow. He’s so weird…..

 

 

“Okay both of you can take your sit.”Ms Hwang looked around the class to find empty chair. “Maybe Mr. Heo here can sit next to Mr. Kim there.”  She pointed on a chair beside a man who looked quite blur. The boy walked to that chair.

“And Ms…?” She looked at me. “Ara...”I said. She nods and smile, “Ms. Ara here can sit next to Mei.” She point at a girl. I smile back and bow before walk to that chair, pull it and sit before I put my bag under the table.

 

 

“Hai…!” a girl beside me greet me with her bright smile and waving both of his hand. Cute, I thought.

“I’m Mei.” She reached out to shake my hand. I smile back to her, “You’re not Korean…. aren’t you?” I freeze at my own words before slapping my lips….Great Ara….at your first day you already have offend someone.

She giggles at my act. “It’s okay…I’m not Korean….I’m Chinese but I lived in Korea since I was born.  So…?”She look at our hands, “Friend…”She said.

“Friend…” I nod, “I’m sorry…my mouth sometime….” I looked at her reaction, she just smile. “It’s okay…I really don’t mind it.”She glances to the front of the class. “Now…. let’s give our attention to Ms Hwang before we get punish.” She moves her body facing the front of the class.

 

 

I smile back, before take a glance at the new boy. ‘Argh!!! What is wrong with my eye’ I yell at my self before look at the front….where Ms. Hwang is writing something on blackboard.