'It was only .'

❊ Jealous Joongie! • Story Version ❊

 

No P.O.V 

 

A cold autumn breeze blew softly against the window of Shim Changmin’s office. Darkness penetrated the room, only made visible by the dim lamp that shone in the corner as night descended over Seoul. The night was quiet, and the low hum of flickering lights sounding in the hallway of the nearly empty building.

Changmin preferred nights like these; the ones where he could be alone with his work, away from prying eyes and the constant interruptions of incompetent employees. He’d always been like this, ever since he could remember. His father had always drilled into him that his career came before everything, so it wasn’t a surprise that he’d often been seen as somewhat of a recluse; even throughout his school and college years.

It wasn’t that he was unaware of what people said about him behind his back, but rather, he simply didn’t care. He was successful and he’d made something of himself because of all that determination. And that was all that really mattered.

Of course that also meant that his personal life - not least his love life - was relatively non-existent.

Indeed, as with any other night, Changmin could be found - buried in paperwork - sat at his desk; well passed the hours any normal employee would be willing to stay. But who needs a love life? To him, they were simply unnecessary distractions that would disappear eventually; he’d seen it first hand in his mother and father’s divorce and he certainly wouldn’t allow himself to waste his time like that.

Changmin never regretted the life he’d lived; the friends he passed up or the people he’d refused to love. It made him come across as heartless and cold, and to be honest, there were a lot of people in the office who were genuinely scared of him.

Not that he’d care. Fear always was - and still remains - a great tool of control. And as an up and coming entrepreneur, Changmin felt pretty smug about his reputation.

Unfortunately, tonight - as with the past several nights - had something different about it.

The mood wasn’t peaceful; and Changmin felt the heavy atmosphere weighing down on his shoulders.

Ordinarily he would sit and be productive until well beyond midnight; with only the quiet sound of his own breathing to keep him company. Sometimes he even pulled all-nighters and only noticed the time when the cleaning ladies made their rounds early in the dewy mornings.

Tonight however, there was another voice that pierced Changmin’s beloved silence; another person who had hounded at his personal office constantly over the past week. And tonight seemed to be no different.

“Siwon.” Changmin warned, sternly as the said man attempted to hug him from behind.

Siwon had taken the opportunity, as Changmin stood looking out of his top-floor window, to drape his arms around his younger boss’ waist.

“Minnie.” He whispered playfully in reply.

“If you don’t take your hands from around my waist this instant, then I assure you that I will see them personally removed.” The younger boy cautioned without as much as a glance.

Siwon sighed before loosening his grip on Changmin’s body; taking a step back from the icy cold man.

“What’s wrong, Minnie?” He asked, furrowing his brow in an equal mix of frustration and confusion. Siwon could never seem to figure out his bipolar boss’ behaviour, and it baffled him to no end.

“And stop calling me ‘Minnie’. It’s ‘Changmin’ or ‘Mr Shim.’ Just like everyone else.” Changmin scolded, keeping his back turned to the older boy and returning to his ornate leather chair.

He sighed as he rifled through a stack of papers on the desk before him, eventually settling on something suitable to distract him from Siwon.

“I’m not just anyone though, Mr Shim.” Siwon replied ironically, taking the seat on the opposite side of Changmin’s imposing desk.

Changmin groaned as he feigned interest in the boring piece of paper in his hand, doing his best to ignore the persistent man. Momentarily he glanced up at Siwon’s handsome face, only to roll his eyes when he saw the smile it caused to spread.

“No you’re not. You’re my employee. You should be professional enough to know it’s inappropriate to call your boss by a pet-name.” Changmin rebuked, only to be met by an exacerbated sigh from Siwon.

“Just an employee? Is that all I am to you?” He asked in disbelief, crossing his arms.

Changmin nodded and shrugged, returning his gaze to the piece of paper.

“I don’t believe you.” He mumbled like a four year-old.

Changmin scoffed at the older boy’s childish behaviour, perplexed by his persistence. He’d made it perfectly clear and plain to Siwon that he had no interest or desire in dating him. On many occasions. And yet still, he stuck around and pestered him with his silly delusions of a potential relationship.

“You don’t have to believe me.” He replied firmly. “I’m telling you, it’s never going to happen. Whether you believe it or not, it’s the truth.”

“Well.. What about last night?” Siwon whined, leaning forward in his seat.

“What about it?” Changmin replied.

“..You can’t tell me that didn’t mean anything.”

Changmin sighed heavily, nursing the growing headache that rang through his ears.

“I was drunk, Siwon. I didn’t know what I was doing.” He replied to the pouting man.

“Bull.” Siwon retorted. “You seemed perfectly sober when you had your lips around my . And you sure as hell knew exactly what you were doing.”

“It was only .”

“Only?..  I don’t know what planet you live on Shim Changmin, but from where I come from, is something you do with someone you care about.”

Changmin sighed once again, rubbing the temple of his nose.

“There’s a difference between and ‘making love’. We had . That’s all it was.” He countered.

Changmin did have a point, and Siwon recognised that. But still, ‘just ’? That’s something two strangers have.. Something that means nothing between people who mean nothing to each other. The two of them had been acquaintances long before Changmin even took over the CEO’s position. They were friends. (If Changmin did indeed have friends at all.) Siwon at least thought his boss would have some kind of feelings for him, even if it was a simple fondness.

But in Changmin’s mind, was just that: .

 It was a physical act of pleasure that two (or more) people engaged in for the sole purpose of feeling good. Or if you were so inclined as to marry; could be used for the purpose of pro-creation. Other than that, it was meaningless. And since neither Siwon nor Changmin could impregnate the other, it was safe to say that the latter regarded his drunken mistake last night as simply a matter of enjoyment.

And a big mistake it was at that.

Siwon had, as usual been following Changmin around all day like a lost puppy.

‘Can I help you with this, Minnie?’

‘Do you need me to lift these boxes for you, Minnie?’

‘I finished off some paperwork for you, Minnie.’

‘You’re looks great in those trousers, Minnie.’

All familiar phrases that seemed to leak out of Siwon’s mouth like a damaged faucet.

And god damn it; no matter how many times he seemed to scold him, Siwon just never let go of that stupid nickname! Changmin often wondered how long his trusted employee had been harbouring secret feelings for him before he made it plain. Of course, then he remembered that he didn’t care, and so he stopped thinking about it.

But anyway, as far as last night goes; there wasn’t much of a story to tell.

After a long, tiring day of trying to shoo Siwon away; Changmin had simply resigned to giving up. Slumping in his comfy office chair as his little worker’s scurried home; he had been met by the unwanted annoyance of the older boy.

Siwon had made a point to stay behind, yet again; in the hopes of somehow convincing Changmin to go out with him.

Or at least, accompany him somewhere other than the office. It didn’t even need to be a date; he just wanted to get to know his boss (and potential lover) a little bit better.

But of course, things rarely go as simply as planned. Changmin had humoured the persistent man; allowing him to drag him off to some fancy restaurant late at night, solely because he was so exhausted from turning him down all day. And he was hungry, but then - Changmin is always hungry. He didn’t even remember the name of the restaurant, but he certainly remembered the heavenly bar and the few drinks it had taken him to get more than a little bit tipsy.

Changmin was almost certain that Siwon had not taken advantage of him. Because, from the scratch marks all over Siwon’s chest the morning after; it was pretty clear that Changmin had been more than eager to jump into the older boy’s bed (and pants).

And of course, he swore that it would never happen again.

“I don’t understand where this phobia of commitment comes from.” Siwon bitterly commented.

“I don’t have a fear of it, Siwon. I just don’t have any need for it.” Changmin replied.

“Because of your parents?” Siwon accused, narrowing his gaze.

“They have nothing to do with this.” Changmin quickly defended, starting to become annoyed at his employee’s brazen tone. Fair enough, he was an employee that he’d had with, but he was still an employee nonetheless.

“Your mother left your father because he was never there; he was always working.”

“Siwon. I’m warning you. Stop talking, right now.”

“Why? And let you become a clone of that man? Changmin, someone has to tell you this because someday you’re going to realise that this isn’t what you want.” Siwon leant back in his chair, giving the ornate office a glance over. “This is what HE wanted. And you let him turn you into this.”

Changmin sighed, resentfully. Siwon knew all about his father and the problems he’d caused; and on some level, Changmin knew that what Siwon was saying held some glimmer of truth.

Changmin had never let anyone get as close to him as Siwon was getting now.

And it scared him.

 “Siwon. Just leave it alone.”

“And leave you alone as well? I’m sorry Minnie, but no. You’re worth a lot more than you think.”

Changmin scoffed.

“And what exactly is that supposed to mean? I know damn well what I’m worth. I simply have no desire to be all lovey-dovey with anyone, let alone you.” He replied harshly, causing the older boy to wince.

A pang of guilt prickled in Changmin’s heart at the sight of Siwon’s hurt; but he brushed it off just as quickly as it had arrived. “Just.. Forget about all this, please. There’s someone out that who’s perfect for you, Siwon. But that person will never be me.” He continued, doing his best to show a caring side, no matter how forced.

“Why?” Siwon mused, unable to grasp the younger man’s logic.

“Just, because.”

“That’s not even a reason! Minnie, cut all the and just admit that you do like me.” He demanded.

“I..” Changmin whispered.

For the first time in a long while, Changmin was left stunned and speechless. His confident, steely exterior all but shattered under the accusing stare of Siwon; something he had no idea as to why. No one ever made him feel this way.

 No one ever took the breath from his mouth or cracked the harsh mask he wore every day. More importantly, no one had ever bothered to try; and it perplexed Changmin to no end. He’d tried and tried to think of a reason why Siwon would go to this amount of trouble for him, but he’d never managed to conjure an answer.

“See? Why can’t you just say it?”

“Siwon..” Changmin whimpered, for the first time - ever.

Siwon sighed yet again, exhaustedly grasping his face in his palms and rubbing the temples of his forehead.

“I want to like you.” Changmin whispered.

Siwon’s ears all but sprung to attention at the boy’s words.

“Minnie..” He cooed, snaking from his chair and around the desk, next to his uncharacteristically shy boss. “It’s ok.” He said, kneeling down and placing a hand on the boy’s knee. “It’s a start.”

Changmin groaned as he turned to face Siwon, deciding to take a leap that he’d never made before in his entire life.

Siwon smiled innocently up at him, happy that the usual ice-cold exterior Changmin displayed was beginning to melt away. Siwon wouldn’t really say that he felt anything too strong for his boss at this point, but there was something about Changmin that really was worth the persistence.

Slowly, Changmin raised himself to his feet, pulling Siwon by the hand up with him.

“I’m scared.” He whimpered, yet again.

“Don’t be.”

That was all it took for Siwon to wrap his arms securely and quickly around the smaller boy. One arm slid around Changmin’s waist and the other over his shoulder; firmly pulling him into a hug that, surprisingly, he didn’t squirm away from. Changmin really wasn’t all that bad. He wasn’t truthfully the demon boss that so many workers pegged him as.

The only problem was; Siwon was the first person ever to see it.

“It’s ok. I’m not going to rush you, Minnie.” Siwon whispered into the boy’s hair.

Changmin giggled lightly into the broadness of Siwon’s chest. The irony of his statement was beyond amusing.

“Rush me? We’ve already had .” He chuckled.

Siwon let out a disbelieving laugh in spite of the situation. “And hopefully we’ll do it again soon.” He jibed, moving his hand down the boy’s back to cup Changmin’s backside.

Changmin rolled his eyes, the familiarity of his old self flooding back quickly.

“Play you cards right Choi, and you might find your way back into my pants. But until then you better take your hand off my .” He scolded.

If for a moment, the regular cold and calculating Changmin was gone; he was definitely back again now.

“Sorry, Minnie.” Siwon apologised, quickly recoiling his hand.

Changmin rolled his eyes as he peered up at Siwon for what seemed like the thousandth time since he’d taken over as CEO.

“And I’ve already told you a million times. Stop calling me ‘Minnie’!”

..

MEANWHILE..

..

“This is nice” Yunho sighed as he cuddled up to Jaejoong on the couch.

The two were still completely from the ‘role-play’ that Jaejoong had promised earlier that afternoon; neither being bothered to shower or clean themselves, or even vacate to the warmth of their bed.

 Jaejoong still even wore the cat ears that he’d sworn to Yunho.

Jaejoong hummed in response; content to simply fall asleep as he pressed himself into Yunho’s chest.

“You know..” Yunho mused. “I’ve never really noticed.. But your hair smells like strawberries.” He commented.

Jaejoong chuckled to himself, finding his boyfriend’s comment rather amusing.

“I was just on all-fours for you.. And you’re complimenting my shampoo?”

Yunho giggled, poking Jaejoong in the side before returning to sweetly holding the boy.

“You know what I mean..” He whispered as his eyes fluttered shut.

Jaejoong nuzzled himself closer into the warmth of Yunho’s torso, ready to fall asleep alongside his lover.

“I love you, Yunnie.” He confessed, in an innocently hushed tone.

“..I love you too, Boo.” Yunho replied.

...

 


 

 

A/N

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! :3

I have to say.. Even though there's not much Yunjae in this chapter, I really loved it!! I always think that Siwon and Changmin kind of get the short straw in a lot of fics, and I absoloutly love the idea of them as a couple, so I just had to write them in when I got the opportunity. :D I think they're really cute ^.^

I did manage to ninja some yunjae fluff in there at the end though. XD Haha!

Thank you to you all for reading/commenting/subscribing! I can't believe so many of you have taken an interest in this story, I really am grateful for all your continued support! <3

Comments? :3

...