34

My Strange Oppa

 

 
Things definitely felt like they were going well again. You were finally happy, but you didn’t intend on telling Jinyoung your feelings any time soon.
 
You had exactly two more weeks until exams.
 
Two more weeks until your program with the elderly couple would end.
 
And two more weeks left with spending every day after school with Jinyoung.
 
---
 
Ever since the news spread out that you were no longer a Queenka, all of the students in WM Academy were devastated. You were the favourite, and everyone’s angel.
 
“Unnie! You are still a Queenka to me,” one girl told you as you waited for lunch in the cafeteria.
 
You laughed and shook your head. “I’m nothing but a student, just like you.”
 
Her group of friends shook their head in disappointment.
 
“You are the prettiest,” one short girl sighed.
 
“And the nicest,” another one chided in.
 
“And not to mention the smartest,” a boy added.
 
You laughed. Before you could speak, a loud bubblegum smack was heard.
 
You turned around and saw the 3 girls sneering at you. You could literally feel their stare burning into your head.
 
Kyungmi’s red hair had faded into a more orange. She walked up to you in her 5 inch heels and stared you down.
 
“What were you talking about?” She looked at you, but was referring to the group that was complimenting you earlier.
 
The girls and boy shrunk back in fear. 
 
Kyungmi’s eyes enlarged with anger. She grabbed one of them by the collar and hissed at the girl, “please do tell me. I want to listen to.”
 
You could tell the girl was getting scared.
 
You dropped your tray with a sigh and pulled the girl out of Kyungmi’s grasp.
 
“Let her be,” you defended the girl. You looked at the group and nodded them to leave.
 
Nodding in fear, they looked at you both and scurried off.
 
You rolled your eyes and look back at Kyungmi.
 
“You did not just ing do that!” Hwayoung said in disbelief.
 
“I so did!” You faked her attitude.
 
Hyunjung laughed. “Fake.”
 
You laughed as well humorlessly and snapped, “Learnt it from you.” Hyunjung gaped at you. You smirked and turned your attention back to Kyungmi. Behind the girls was a long line of students.
 
No one dared to say anything.
 
You stepped out and gestured the other student to come eat.
 
“You order, I lost my appetite,” you told the student behind you, though your eyes were dead set on Kyungmi up and down and left.
 
Kyungmi clenched her fists tightly. “She did not just ing do that to me!”
 
Hwayoung looked at her leader in fear, not knowing what to say.
 
Jinyoung saw everything and was about to step in until you turned and beamed his way, indicating that everything was okay. 
 
You went to sit next to Jinyoung and his friends. 
 
Kyungmi gritted her teeth as she scrutinized you both. She ruthlessly hit the trays that each student held down onto the floor as she made her dramatic exit out the cafeteria.