Footsies

Awkward

 

Kyungsoo stood there with a blank stare and bit his lower lip. The silence stretched out between the two of us. I was slightly scared I had pushed him into overdrive and he was now malfunctioning.

“Maybe I should put some pants back on...” I suggested, shaking my head.

Kyungsoo snapped back to reality. “I’m sorry, I was just—”

“—living out several fantasies in your head?” I finished for him.

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo grinned, glad I understood.

“So... my offer still stands,” I began to twirl my hair around my finger. Was tonight the first time I was going to be turned down?

“Can we—can we not jump right into it?” Kyungsoo looked at me, eyes full of hope. “I would like to just... lay for a bit, you know?”

I rushed to Kyungsoo, closing the awkward gap the two of us had created. “We can do whatever you want, Kyung. I just want to be with you. I’m sorry if I’m being over bearing.” I didn’t want to pressure him into anything.

Kyungsoo’s arm instinctively went around my waist and his hand hovered over my hipbone. “Don’t apologize. A girlfriend should never apologize for being too y.” With a deep breath, Kyungsoo brought my body flush with his. “It’s not that I don’t want to, because I do. I’m just conscious of your past and I don’t want to be that kind of guy with you.”

I couldn’t help but let out an “aw” at Kyungsoo’s statement. He didn’t want me to think he just wanted my body. How did I end up with just the guy I needed to completely get over my scar of the past?

I placed a chaste kiss on Kyungsoo’s lips. “You are the best.”

“I’m not ruining the moment?” Kyungsoo wanted to know, searching my eyes for an answer.

“You’re setting the mood,” I my lips and kissed Kyungsoo with more passion.

My hands clenched at Kyungsoo’s shirt as our lips ate at each other’s.  I felt Kyungsoo’s warm palms settle at the small of my back, ushering my body to be closer to his.

I moved my head back, “Didn’t you want to go slow?” I teased.

“I did. I do. But when you kiss me like that,” Kyungsoo flushed a bit.

“Stop being so freaking cute and maybe I wouldn’t attack you,” I growled low in my throat.

Kyungsoo took a step back. “Should we start again?”

I let out a breath to push down my . “You move to the bed while I put out the flames.” Kyungsoo got on his bed and laid down with his arms behind his head. I did not want to tackle Kyungsoo and make him moan, I wanted cuddling and fluffiness, I chanted to myself. It wasn’t helping to look over at Kyungsoo, on his bed like a buffet just waiting for me to eat him up... “This isn’t working,” I groaned.

Kyungsoo sat up. “Is it me? Should I—”

“No, it’s me, it’s definitely me,” I laughed at myself. “I should—maybe we should be supervised?” I said the first thing that popped into my head.

Kyungsoo’s eyes lit up with an idea, “Cards, we can play cards!”

“Let me get some pants...” I searched Kyungsoo’s floor for some coverage.

“Here,” Kyungsoo went into his closet and pulled out some sweat pants.

I put the offered pants on, taking into inventory that Kyungsoo was watching me put them on.  “I know, if I go out there in your clothes, they’re going to think we—”

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. “I don’t want them picturing you—” He went the reddest I’ve ever seen him blush as he followed his own thoughts. “Give them back,” Kyungsoo insisted, hands already tugging his sweats off of me.

“Kyungsoo!” I tried to stop him but he had a one-track mind. I fell on my and suddenly found myself in only my bra and underwear. “And I was worried about me stripping you!” I muttered under my breath.

“What’s going on in there?” Chanyeol started to bang on the door.

“Nothing. We’re going to play cards, you want in?” shouted Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol started to open the door, which I had neglected to lock. “What do you want to—?”

Kyungsoo raced to the door and caught it just before Chanyeol could completely open it. “Oh, you know, go fish, rummy, whatever. Just ask everyone else,” Kyungsoo tried to play it cool, as if his half- girlfriend wasn’t seconds away from being revealed to his roommate.

“How about strip poker?” I naughtily suggested. That’s what Kyungsoo got for taking all my clothes off. Kyungsoo shot me a dirty look and I snickered.

Chanyeol coughed, “I can do strip poker.”

“NO STRIP POKER!” Kyungsoo bellowed, getting flustered.

“It would be a pretty short game,” I continued, thinking out loud.

“Really, what are you doing—” Chanyeol’s curiosity was cut-off as Kyungsoo slammed the door in his face.

“We’ll be out in five minutes!” Kyungsoo yelled and turned to me.

“It’s not my fault; I was just standing here innocently while you decided to rid me of all my clothing.”

“Where are your clothes?” Kyungsoo deliberately avoided looking at me, shuffling along the floor. He gathered my shirt and jeans and shoved them at me. He turned his back to me and said “You better get dressed before I get a nose bleed.”

I put both feet into my jeans and shimmied them on, along with my shirt. “I’m decent now.”

Kyungsoo’s shoulders moved as he let out a sigh of relief. I gave him a hug from behind. “Can I have one more kiss before we turn PG for the boys?” I crooned in his ear.

Kyungsoo turned around in my arms, looking me squarely in the eyes. “Only if you promise to behave!”

I crossed my fingers behind my back. “You don’t think I’d do such a thing?” Kyungsoo simply turned his head away from me. “Fine, I promise,” I said while crossing my fingers behind my back. Kyungsoo’s head swung back and I made our last kiss count.

The boys had gone ahead and cleared the table in preparation for the game. A deck of cards were set up already and Chanyeol was cracking his fingers at the head of the table. “Don’t cry when I win this game. They don’t call me fast fingers for nothing,” Chanyeol grinned as Kyungsoo and I sat across from each other, near him.

“No one calls you fast fingers,” said Kai, sitting across from Baekhyun.

“No cheating this time,” Sehun accused Baekhyun beside him, Kyungsoo on the other side of him.

“I don’t cheat. I’m simply smarter than all of you,” said Baekhyun.

Suho took the place in between me and Kai, across from Sehun. “Do not look at Sehun’s cards, please.”

“Who’s going to deal?” I asked.

The boys exchanged guarded looks, not trusting each other. I laughed. “Okay, I’ll volunteer. What shall it be boys?”

Chanyeol shot Kyungsoo a side glance. “I take it strip poker is not an option still.”

“That’s my girlfriend you’re thinking about!” shouted Kyungsoo.

“She’s the one who put it out there,” Chanyeol pouted.

Kai moved to look behind Suho, to make eye contact with me, “I sure know how to get him going, don’t you?”

I grinned knowingly back to Kai “I can’t help it sometimes.”

Sehun’s head swung back and forth between everyone, following the conversations, “Should I put some socks on?”

“I went commando today,” Kai smirked.

Suho looked at Kyungsoo’s temper-boiling-over face. “Maybe we should stop the teasing for now. Rummy anyone?”

I dealt out the cards and had to hold in my laughter as Baekhyun, tongue in between lips, sat back to look over Sehun’s shoulder to see the maknae’s cards. Chanyeol won the first round, accompanied by a very loud victory shout. Baekhyun won the second and was about to steal the third when Kyungsoo caught him cheating. Suho calmly announced he had won the third and I started to get bored.

It’s not that I wasn’t having fun necessarily, but this was more cookie-cutter fun than I was used to. So, I decided to spice things up. Kyungsoo was so focused on his hand; I almost scared him to death when my foot hit the inside of his knee. His head shot up, looking at Sehun and Chanyeol before settling on me with my guilty smirk. He narrowed his eyes at me instantly suspicious. My smirk turned even smugger as Kyungsoo’s eyes bulged when my foot moved higher up his thigh.

Kai placed his cards down and wondered if anyone wanted anything to drink. Kyungsoo scooted his chair closer to the table, so no one could see my meandering foot but only ended up aiding me in the process because now my foot was directly on his crotch.

Kai came back with his drink and laughed at Kyungsoo’s face. “You have the worst poker face ever.”

“It’s okay if you have a bad hand,” Chanyeol patted Kyungsoo’s back.

“I don’t think it’s his hand he’s worrying about,” I said nonchalantly.

Sehun looked cluelessly at me. “What’s wrong with him then?”

I opened my mouth but Kyungsoo interrupted me immediately. “Adrianna found my top drawer.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst into laughter. Suho sent a consoling look to Kyungsoo. “I’m sure Adrianna understands by now that you’re not perfect.”

“Oh, I understand Kyungsoo perfectly,” I purred and on the word perfectly, I wriggled my toes, making Kyungsoo gasp.

Kai looked at Kyungsoo’s red face and my satisfied look. “Kyungsoo, are you okay? You’re awfully jumpy.”

“Bathroom, I’ve got to go to the bathroom,” Kyungsoo jumped up and left the table, cards forgotten.

Everyone looked at me. “Hey, my hands have been here the whole time,” I tried to play innocent.

“I think I’m not the only one who cheats,” suggested Baekhyun.