Make an honest girl out of me

Awkward

 

“Ugh, that was the best meal I have ever eaten,” I groaned, pushing my plate away. “That’s settled then, Kyungsoo Do, I’m marrying you.”

Kyungsoo started to choke on his food and Chanyeol had to slap him on the back.

“It’s not really fair for you to say something like that while a guy is eating,” Kai ventured beside me.

“I know if you marry Kyungsoo, you’ll have to take the rest of us with him. I don’t think we could live without his cooking either,” mused Suho.

“I’d let me live with you, right?” Sehun smiled extra sparkly to me.

Kyungsoo finally got his choking under control. “I’m never living with you if I can get away with it,” he muttered.

“You guys can visit all the time,” I offered, “But you’d have to call in advance. Who knows what we will get up to once I’ve got this guy all to myself,” I smirked like a cat who just caught a mouse.

Chanyeol leaned over to catch my attention. “Do you have any cute friends to make into bridesmaid’s?”

“All my friends are at least an 8 out of 10. I’ve got standards,” I joked.

“Well, they’re way out of your league,” Baekhyun mockingly consoled Chanyeol, who looked like he wanted to hurt Baekhyun.

“You would make a very pretty bride,” Suho mentioned.

“Thank you,” I graciously accepted the compliment.

“But who would be the best man?” Sehun thought out loud.

“Not you,” scoffed Kai. “You wouldn’t know how to plan a bachelor party even if they had a “How to plan a bachelor party for Dummies” book.”

“I don’t need a bachelor party,” Kyungsoo quickly shot down that idea, his ear turning red.

“Just get Adrianna to come out of a cake. That’ll be enough for you, eh?” teased Chanyeol.

“Oh, so I think it’s a good idea to get married?” I posed the question.

Kyungsoo started to stutter “I-I-I-I don’t know, we haven’t had our 1 year anniversary yet and—”

“Chill Kyungsoo, Adrianna is teasing you,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Right,” Kyungsoo laughed, letting out his nervousness.

“Seriously, who would be the best man?” persisted Sehun stubbornly.

I picked up my empty plate and started to clean up. “Try not to decide by rock, paper, scissors. It’s kind of an important thing.”

Chanyeol snapped shut his mouth, about to suggest the very thing.

“You don’t need to clean, you’re the guest here,” objected Suho, stealing the dishes from me.

I was about to move to the oven, but Baekhyun intercepted me. “I’ve got these,” he motioned with his head, “Go be with Kyungsoo.”

I smiled in thanks and took Kyungsoo by the arm. “Come on, boyfriend. All your roommates are insisting you get some action.”

“Just thank us later with dessert,” called Kai as I took Kyungsoo to his room.

“We don’t have too...” Kyungsoo started to wring his hands once I closed his door.

“Kyungsoo, are you saying you don’t want me to kiss me?” I demanded, hands on hips.

“No, your kisses are very nice—”

“Then you stay quiet and enjoy,” I whispered against his lips and kissed him. “Thank you for being such a wonderful boyfriend and cooking for me.”

Kyungsoo smiled happily against my lips. “Thank you for making up with my best friend and putting up with the rest of them.” He looked slightly worried. “You wouldn’t really let Sehun live with us, would you?”

“Who says we’re going to live together? Kyungsoo, are you going to make an honest woman out of me?” I quirked an eyebrow.

“Would you? If I asked?” Now Kyungsoo was serious.

“Kyungsoo, you’re not really—”

“I’m not, but hypothetically,” Kyungsoo insisted.

“If we can get through your best friend trying to seduce me and my shady past, I don’t see why we couldn’t brave the big step of living with each other,” I assured him.

“I think it would be nice, to wake up together every morning,” Kyungsoo smiled sweetly.

“And to go to bed together at night,” I said suggestively.

Kyungsoo gulped “Yeah, that too.”

“Wanna test it out?” I offered, encircling my arms behind his neck.

“I want to sleep over?” Kyungsoo asked, large eyes growing wide.

I shrugged “My mom’s used to me keeping my own hours.”

“Tonight?!” squeaked Kyungsoo, as I and nipped his neck.

“Mmmm,” I was too busy enjoying myself to say real words.

Somehow, Kyungsoo slipped out of my grasp. “But I’m all gross from cooking and I haven’t cleaned my room and Chanyeol snores really loud in the next room.” Kyungsoo was dashing around his room at an alarming speed.

“Will you stop bouncing around like a pinball in a pinball machine?!” I commanded and Kyungsoo froze mid-step. “Thank you. Now, why are you freaking out right now?”

Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head. “I’ve never had a girl sleepover,” He glanced at me, “And you’re, well, you’re very experienced,” he floundered to find the right words.

“I said sleep over, not sleep with me.”

“But where will you sleep? I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to sleep on the couch because Sehun gets nightmares and will sleep with the nearest person...”

I face-palmed myself. “I can’t believe I have to spell this out,” I shook my head. “Kyungsoo, I want to close my eyes and fall asleep in your arms. I don’t expect you to have with me.”

“I knew that, I was just testing you,” Kyungsoo turned away from me so I wouldn’t see his extremely red face.

“Uh huh,” I was drawn to Kyungsoo’s dresser. “I just need a t-shirt to sleep in,” I pulled open his top drawer.

“Not that—one...”Kyungsoo shouted but it was too late.

“Kyungsoo...” I looked at the content of the drawer and back to my boyfriend.

Kyungsoo covered his face with his hands. “I was going to tell you about them.”

“Do you want mine? I think I still have my collection of them lying around my room.”

“Really? You have some too? And you’d give them to me?” Kyungsoo sounded shocked.

“I’m not using them and you look like you treasure them, so why not?”

Kyungsoo peeked through his hands. “You’re not going to make fun of me?”

“Don’t you remember? I told you, the more flaws you have the more I love you. And Pokémon cards were the last thing I expected in that drawer,” I grinned.

“I don’t—I would never—I’ve got you now,” Kyungsoo finished shyly.