Chapter 5: Memories

Castle

 

Thankyou my dearest first 4 subscribers for taking up this fanfic! i hope you'll enjoy it.... :O

Please leave comments!!! >.<

Also...i drew a picture for Kris and Tao's character design....do you guys want to see it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yixing bided farewell to the butler and the various other maids as he made his way out of the main entrance. He looked back at the castle for the last time with a frown on his face before riding his ebony horse into the distance. It was a journey to nowhere.

Back at the castle, another guard had already been replaced and Kris ordered a massive troop to search for his kidnapped brother.

“Kris, are you happy now?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know exactly what I mean. Getting rid of Yixing wasn’t a smart move.” The butler commented.

“Hey, don’t talk to me like that or I’ll fire you too.”

And with that the butler stepped out of the King’s bedroom. “I apologize, your majesty.”

Kris sighed as he closed his eyes. “Bring in Tao.”

Almost immediately, Tao was in the heir’s room, kneeling in anticipation for his next mission. He was the assassin of the castle, wearing shades of black, a swift outfit revealing his abs and carrying a two-ended spear made by the best blacksmith of the kingdom.

“Tao, I have a mission for you.”

The assassin’s head was still lowered, one knee on ground, one supporting his left arm.

“Kill Sehun and bring his heart back as proof.”

With that, Tao lifted his head slightly, only enough to nod to his King before vanishing into thin air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By now it was noon and Yixing decided to take a break from his aimless journey. He tied his horse’s reins around a particular oak tree in the centre of Velias Forest, whereby had river besides it. He strolled towards the river, watching the transparent liquid trickle over the pebbles, lapping at the large rocks and the little fish that effortlessly swam with the current. The slightest hint of morning dew still remained on the bank’s grass and this brought a smile to Yixing’s face as he recalled a snippet of his childhood:

It was a sunny day, the air filled with the aroma of morning dew that lingered on the leaves of plants. They had just finished training and were given some play time.

“Kris, kris!! Come look at this!”

Yixing clutched onto Kris’ hand and sprinted towards the river next to that large oak tree.

Still regaining his breath, Yixing exclaimed, “Look at the fish!”

Kris’ eyes glistened and his lips curved upwards. He was taken aback by the mirage of colours from white to red, orange to yellow, black to pale blues. 

“Wow, there are so many colours!”

“Right, right!!” Delighted to hear Kris’ positive remark, Yixing tugged Kris to the next location.

The little prince gaped as he lifted his head to see the tree that reached into the clouds. The height of the tree, the thickness of the trunk, the wide spread of its branches that spread in all directions, enveloping the forests canopy amazed the young prince. Once he had finished gaping in awe, he turned back to find that Yixing had disappeared.

His eye’s searched frantically until he heard a high pitched, “HERE HERE!! LOOK UP!”

Kris lifted his head to see that Yixing was already climbing up the tree and at a terribly fast rate too! His eyes lightened up as he raced towards the trunk, preparing to dig his feet into the arches of the wooden monument. As he climbed and climbed, the gap between him and his friend were closing in, and before Kris realised it, he was beside Yixing. Yixing cheekily smiled at the little prince before swinging onto a nearby branch. Kris pouted, joining the other boy shortly.

As they sat on the frail branch, they witnessed the spectacular scene beneath them. The little eye’s focused on the birds swooping, the leaves rustling, the river trickling, but best of all; they could feel the soft warmth of the sun and the smell of that familiar morning dew. The boys giggled at one another, promising that this would be a secret place just for the two of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Tao had left, Kris stepped into his balcony, gazing down upon the tiny figures beneath him, where he saw the new guard. The guard was broader and taller than Yixing, and could certainly perform a better task however Kris sighed as he lost focus of the gate, slumping himself onto his chair and revisiting old memories.

“Yixinggggg!!! My parents won’t be home tonight!!!”

“So?”

“COOK FOR MEEEEEE!!!”

“Kris, stop being such a spoilt brat! I need to guard the gates.”

“Awww come on! You’re only sixteen, they can’t get you in trouble if you don’t perform your task to top notch!”

“Kris! I still want to do my best, okay? Unlike you, I need to work hard.”

Kris pouted as his eyes grew rounder, attempting to plead his younger friend.

“Pleaseeeeee? You used to cook for me…”

“I was twelve back then, AND I DIDN’T HAVE A JOB! Plus your parents treated me as your personal body guard! NOW LET ME GUARD THIS DAMN GATE WILL YOU?”

Kris pouted for the second time, and tugged onto Yixing’s clothes. Even though he was taller and had a scarier face, he used his super evil tactic…and smiled. Eye smile, mouth smile, for god’s sake, it could have even included a nose smile. Yixing gulped as he quickly broke eye contact with the prince.

“F-fine…” he responded reluctantly.

Kris’ smile grew even wider as leapt into the air and instantly dragged his friend away from the gates and into the castle.

There was a sudden tap on the King’s shoulders, snapping him back into reality, as he turned towards the butler.

Aiyah…I need him back don’t I.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oi, Wake up!...Yixing…YIXING…YI..XING..YI-XING..GE.GE…WA-KE-UP!!!....OI…OIIIIIIII!!!” Chen exclaimed as he frantically shook the older boy’s body.

“YI-XING! I’M COUNTING TO 3 AND THEN I’M LEAVING, OKEH!? ONE…TWO…THR-”

“Hmmm….” Yixing gradually opened his eyes to face the man with the defined cheekbones. He winced at the sudden pain from his back when he tried to stand up before greeting the other. “Oh, oh Chen, hey.”

“Shouldn’t you be a tad more surprised seeing me?” questioned Chen with one eyebrow raised.

Yixing brushed his hair to the sides of his face as he squinted. “..o..oh right…oh my god, you’re right. CHEN. IT’S REALLY YOU. OH MY GOD. CHEN CHEN. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

“hahaha, that’s better. I come here every day for a stroll. Quite the surprise finding a man lying near the river…turn ya over, and find that it’s my childhood buddy,”

Chen assisted in hauling his friend up from the river bank and continued, “ya fell asleep?”

Yixing nodded, still carrying a dazed expression upon his face.

“Anyway, let’s hurry up and get to my house. When was the last time you visited again? 4…5 ye-”

“6… 6 actually.”

“Oh…”

There was a period of silence as they trudged up the dirt path of the forest, a silhouette of a hut forming into place.

“Ahhhh, I remember your house…good times.”

Chen laughed, “Yeah…”

“By the way, are you sure I can stay at your place? Isn’t it a bother?”

“Yeah it is.” Chen replied straightforwardly as Yixing stopped in his tracks, staring at the younger boy.

“Oh my god…I’m so sorry, I should have known! It’s okay, I’ll find another p-”

Before Yixing could finish his sentence, Chen began to laugh, whacking his childhood buddy on the back. “That was a joke, .”

Yixing’s face flushed from embarrassment, hands soon covering his small face as Chen bit his lips to prevent another laugh. When the embarrassment finally eased away, Chen broke the silence –“You’ve also grown heaps.”

“Right back at ya.”

The two chattered and caught up on their past six years as they continued to ascend the forest’s path.