Chapter 3: Escape

Castle

 

That night was the blackest night all year, not a single star illuminated the sky. There was no breeze either, almost as if time had stopped.

“Hurry!” Sehun snapped.

“a-ah, I’m scared!!” Luhan exclaimed in his quiet voice, afraid to wake up the rest of the inhabitants of the castle.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got you, I’ve got you. J-just jump.”

“I’m still in my night gown!”

“ahhh, we don’t have time! Just go!!”

Luhan was treated like a princess not only by Sehun but by the rest of the kingdom. He was the only one in the 5th storey, whilst everyone else would be sound asleep below him. That was because; when he was a kid he complained he had asthma so they gave him the room that was closet to fresh air. Of course, being a little brat he was, Luhan only wanted to the huge space for himself.

Luhan tied several knots on the side of his bed post, pulling the silk curtain closer and closer towards the window. With his nimble fingers, he hastily unravelled the heap of curtains till Sehun could just grab the tip of it.

“Come on now!”

Luhan cautiously placed his left foot on the window ledge, tugging tightly onto the curtain as he pulled his other leg over.  Steadily, he descended the curtains, clinging onto it for dear life as Sehun began to chuckle all of a sudden when he noticed how much of a crab his lover looked like. Luhan pouted, dangling next to the window of the second storey when suddenly a candle flickered. . That’s the butler. Don’t tell me he starts preparing at this time of day.

Sehun signalled Luhan to hurry up but Luhan’s legs began to shake. He glanced over his shoulder towards his lover, “Sehunnie…i-I’m scared.”

Sehun eyes widened in terror as the butler walked closer and closer towards the window. “Look, Luhan we don’t have much time…j-just get down or he’ll see if he opens his damn curtains!!!”

The figure drew closer and closer towards the window. God knows what would happen if he found the Prince dangling from a bundle of curtains.

The butler’s hands were now on the curtains, ready to pull them open.

.

Luhan shut his eyes as tight as he could. Sweat dripped from Sehun’s horrified face.

That one second lasted for eternity. Maybe more. In that silence, a soft voice spoke but Luhan only managed to hear a few words – “Xiumin…cold…no need…curtains. Let’s go…prepare…” The next sound was the door gently clicking into place.

Upon realising that there was no sound of the dragging curtains, Luhan opened his eyes to see the room dark. Someone had convinced the butler to not open the curtains! And not only that, but to leave his room too! Luhan sighed as he quickly slid down the curtains. Sehun stood there in utter disbelief. “W-we WE MADE IT!!”

Sehun immediately dragged his white stallion towards him and signalled Luhan to get on. They made their way towards the back entrance but a figure in black blocked their freedom. This man, merely stood smack bang in the middle of the gateway, with his arms folded.

Sehun tugged his horse and it neighed with a halt. He was facing a man who wore a mask over his face, only revealing his eyes. His armour was polished gold and silver with a scarf that seemed to flow in the windless night, and he also a few weapons, a spear in each hand and a sword latched to his back. They had stumbled on the castle’s body guard. Luhan quickly hopped off the horse upon seeing his friend.

“Yixing, please let me g-”

Before Luhan the chance to continue his pleading, Yixing lightly smacked the prince on his head. He released a chuckle. “Pfft, who do you think was the one who told Xiumin ge to not open the curtains?”

Luhan stared at Yixing as he slowly processed the guard’s words. “W-wait that was you?!”

Yixing nodded modestly, “Now give this guard a kiss,” he said jokingly.

Luhan beamed as he squeezed Yixing. “Thanks! I’ll never forget how awesome you are!!” Yixing smiled and quickly beckoned Luhan to go back onto the horse as he had just witnessed Sehun’s terrifying face fuming with anger when Luhan hugged him. Never did he want to make that man angry again, he thought.