Chapter 4: Yixing

Castle

 

The sun rose exceptionally early that day.

“My lord, it’s time for breakfast.” Xiumin walked toward the edge of Kris’ bed with his towel hanging in one arm as the maids pushed a trolley full of danishes, tarts, crossiants and various other delights. Xiumin was dressed neatly for he was tidy person – black suit, combed hair, chest held high, perfect model of a butler.

Kris gradually hauled himself from his beauty sleep. Well, honestly, the maids helped him up. He squinted at the food placed before him, rubbing his eyes to better his sight. He lifted his hand slightly above his blanket, and at that signal, Xiumin handed the King the towel. Kris dipped the towel into the crevices if his fingers before tossing it at a maid. Finally, he reached out for a dessert – a tart first. He gracefully bit into the tart, the tang of pineapples and strawberry and the oozing sweetness slid down his throat. He went for a second, then a third, devouring it with elegance. He nodded with satisfaction as he beckoned the maids to hand him another sweet whilst he lay back onto his soft pillow as a new set of maids paced into the room. Kris nodded yet again as the women began to massage his feet. His face showed all his emotions, and right now he was, content.

As the maids slowly worked their way, kneading his feet, there was a sudden outburst in the corridor before one of the guards rushed into the King’s room. “Can you at least knock?” Kris stated coldly but his content expression still remained on his face for the massage was just too amazing. “Sorry, your majesty, b-but…Prince Luhan…”

“hmmm…”

“Prince Luhan is gone.”

Kris immediately sprung up from his bed and the maid’s simultaneously ceased to massage any further. “WHAT?” the expression he now wore was of pure anger.

Kris grabbed his jacket as the butler and maids attempted to calm him down. He shoved them away as they held onto his large arms, speedily exiting his room with his advantageously long legs.

There was a tap of Yixing’s shoulders. More like a smack really. Expecting another guard, Yixing turned around with a cheeky smile, his dimple evident. But upon seeing an extremely tall figure, his smile faded instantly as he kneeled with one knee on the ground, the other supporting his arm. “Good morning, your majesty.”

“Get up.”

At Kris’ command, Yixing hauled himself from the dirt and looked into the beast’s eyes. Kris’ expression looked like madness.

“You.”

Yixing gulped.

“You were in charge of the back entrance last night right?”

Yixing nodded in affirmation. Ah mother of .

“You saw Luhan right? Y-you saw him leave right? No…you LET him leave.”

Yixing faced the empty ground without responding to the King.

“Answer me.”

Yixing continued to stare aimlessly at the ground beneath him, his heart beating faster and faster.

“ANSWER ME NOW.”

Upon hearing the King’s booming demand, Yixing glared up at Kris and replied, “SO WHAT IF I DID?”

Now Kris’ face was literally about to burn off from fury. His eyebrows couldn’t go any lower as they seemed to almost touch his eyes already. “Y-YOU, NOT ONLY DID YOU LET THEM ESCAPE, YOU DARE TO BACKCHAT!?”

“Huh, just because you’re king now doesn’t mean you can act like a freakin’ jerk.”

“..DID YOU JUST…YIXING. I RULE NOW. I RULE THIS KINGDOM. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT ANYMORE.”

“Oh, oh I see, being a king is really that great? Oh, so you’ll just forget everything I’ve done for you now, NOW THAT YOU’RE KING? FINE, FINE! SO BE IT.” Tears swelled in Yixing’s eyes as his bit his lower lip in frustration.

Kris could feel his heart twisting inside of him as he saw Yixing tear up, his hand drawing nearer to the other’s face, but upon self-reflexivity, he ceased such actions.  No…I am king now…I can’t be who I was before.

“YIXING. ENOUGH. YOU ARE BANISHED FROM THE CASTLE.”