Dare Me Pt. 2

One-Shot Stories.... Romance and Tears

 

MI YEN'S POV

 

During the middle of the night, I woke up and felt that someone was looking at me. Oh God, I think one of the ghosts has followed me into my room!!!!! “AAAAAHHH!” I screamed inside. I turned my head to the direction where those strange vibes were coming from and saw… Huh?! It’s the g-guy from earlier! He’s seated on the couch in my bedroom and he is smiling? But… what is he doing here? And how on Earth did he get in here? I squinted my eyes to get a better look at him (even though my night light is on, I can’t see well. LOL) Yup! He’s right there! I remember that smile.. and that chuckle! My most favorite chuckle that I’ve heard. I’m still in the surprised state, and I rubbed my eyes. When I opened them, he’s gone. OMG, Mi Yen! What’s happening to you?! Okay, no more late night snacks for you! But… it seemed so real… Aish! I’ll just sleep again.

I woke up and opened my eyes and groaned as the rays of the sun came in contact with my eyes. I sat up on my bed and tried to recall what had happened last night. Hmmm….Oh yeah! I saw that guy in my room! But I guess it was just a weird dream, probably caused of my excitement to see him again at 9 a.m. today. I turned around to look at my clock. Oh snap!!! It’s already 8:30! omo!!!! I jumped of my bed and got my towel and prepared my clothes. I went in the bathroom to take a bath. After my bath, I ran down the stairs to the dinning area. Luckily no one was there so I just grabbed a sandwich and ran as fast as I could towards the park. I panted as I reached the spot and leaned on the tree. I looked to the left and to the right but no sign of him. I literally jumped off my place when I heard someone chuckle behind the tree. “Hehe, Hi there!” said that voice. I turned around to see that guy, approaching me and smiling.

“Hi!” I greeted back with a smile. He sat beside me and I sat too.

“Had a goodnight sleep?” he asked me. That memory of him last night in my room made me blush and I turned around so that he won’t see my flashed face. Why is this happening?! He’s just a guy you just met yesterday, so why be like this?! “Are you okay?” he asked me. I faced him and I nodded with a reassuring smile. He smiled back at me. Now, what was I gonna ask him? Think, think, think. Oh right. His name. I opened my mouth but he suddenly spoke. “Forgot to introduce myself to you yesterday. Hahaha. I’m Heo Youngsaeng. “he said as he reached out his hand. I grabbed his and… it felt rather cold….weird…. Anyways! I shook his hand and I said, “Hehe, hi! The name’s Koo Mi Yen.” Wow, talking about mental telepathy! You just took the words out of my mouth. “Nice to meet you Mi Yen-sshi.” he said. “Just call me Mi Yen ^^. And nice to meet you too Youngsaeng!” I said. That day, we talked about lots of things, starting from our lives. Our hobbies, likes and dislikes. Hahaha I’ve also found out that he likes to take dares too. He’s really smart and he knows lots of things in this world. Everytime I’ll look at him, our eyes would meet and I would look back. My heart would beat very fast as if it would burst out of my chest anytime soon. I grew fond of him and I felt comfortable. Each night, before I’ll go to sleep, his face would appear in my mind and will bring a smile on my face. Besides that, I would see him inside my bedroom every night but in a blink, he’s gone (yup, really weird). Days passed by, I now knew what I felt. I now knew that I was in love with Youngsaeng. We always meet up at the park and stroll in different places. He really lightens and completes my day. Just hearing his chuckle and seeing his smile was enough for me.

One day, I wanted to go to the amusement park, so I brought along Youngsaeng with me. Hehehe. Amusement park, here we come!!!!!! As soon as we arrived the amusement park, we saw lots and lots of people. There were also lots of games to play plus the rides! Aigoo! My head can’t decide where to start~! I then felt eyes looking at me. I caught Youngsaeng looking at me and when I looked at him, he instantly looked away.

 

YOUNGSAENG’S POV

That morning, she was skipping towards me and had a huge smile on her face. Hahaha, I think she’s planning something fun again. The same energetic Mi Yen. She always looks cute and radiant whenever she smiles. “Youngsaeng!” she sang. “Let’s go to the amusement park!!!!!!” she said while jumping up and down. I laughed at her childishness and agreed. That reminds me, it’s been a long time since I’ve last gone there. So why not! I’m sure it’ll be fun, as long as it’s Mi Yen ^^. We finally reached the amusement park and she squealed in delight. Her head turned left and right, looking at all the booths and rides. I looked at her with a warm smile and looked at every feature of her face. She is really beautiful. She then turned a round and caught me looking at her and I looked away. I know, I’m in love with her since the day we met. I just couldn’t make it too obvious and I can’t confess to her. Why? It’s just that… I just can’t fall in love. It’s not that I have a girlfriend already.. it’s just that I can’t. I don’t wanna hurt her. Coz if I’ll tell her the truth, it would mean goodbyes for us. That’s why I’m controlling my feelings.

“Youngsaeng, are you okay?” Mi Yen asked with a worried face. I looked at her and patted her head. “Yeah, I’m okay. Don’t worry.” She then nodded and snapped her fingers. She looked at me and smiled. “I’ve made up my mind. Let’s go here!” she said as she pulled my hand.

 

MI YEN’S POV

I grabbed his hand, and like the first time I’ve touched his hand, it felt cold. I don’t know why but, his body feels cold. But let’s return to why I grabbed his hand. I led him to the different booths and finally… Tantadadan! Ferris Wheel!!!! My favorite ride. I looked at Youngsaeng and he gulped. “Youngsaeng? You okay?” I asked.

 

YOUNGSAENG’S POV

Oh shoot! Why the Ferris wheel?! Man, I’m afraid of heights. I don’t wanna go up coz, I think I might puke. I gulped and she asked if I was okay. I looked at her and just nodded. I turned my attention back to the ride, and it was so high! Haizt! Ottokhe?

 

MI YEN’S POV

Hmm… I can sense that he’s afraid and scared of heights. Nyahaha. Finally! Something he is scared of (He really never told me the things he is scared of.) I giggled to myself and turned to him.

“Youngsaeng, are you afraid?” I asked him, teasingly. He shook his head so I asked again.”Yah! I’m not afraid!” he said but it was obvious in his tone. I giggled at him and he pouted. Awwww cute! “I told you, I’m not scared. Even dare me to ride in that! Dare me!” Suddenly, an idea crossed my mind. “Arasso, Youngsaeng. I dare you to ride in that Ferris wheel and if you really are scared and surrender, you have to treat me ice cream and chocolate cake!” I said and pointed at him. “F-f-f-fine! I’ll take the dare! ” he stuttered. When the ride stopped, he grabbed my hand and we marched in. The man who operates the ride made a signal that the ride will start to move. I could feel Youngsaeng tense up and he stayed silent. The Ferris wheel started to move up and I heard Youngsaeng  gasped.

“You can hold on my hand.” I offered and he hesitantly grabbed my hand. We continued to move up and I felt his grip loosen up a bit. “Hey, how do you feel?” I asked. He smiled at me and replied, “I’m okay. Thanks.” I smiled back and I felt tired so I leaned on his shoulders. I don’t know what crossed my mind but, I just leaned! He didn’t move or anything. We reached the top and we saw the beautiful sunset, we watched it together and we didn’t realize that our hands were still intertwined. He then looked at me. “Mi Yen, have you ever had your first kiss?” he suddenly asked. “Wae?” I asked. “Nothing, just wanna know.” he replied. I sighed and said, “No. You?” He shook his head. We got carried away of the topic and talked things about love and then we bickered with each other. We were teasing one another then finally, he said; “Koo Mi Yen!” he smirked. “I dare you to kiss me then.” I was like  O.O. Okay, maybe he meant by a kiss on the cheeks. So okay. “I accept your dare Heo Youngsaeng!” I leaned close to him but he faced front of me and our lips crashed to each other.  I didn’t know what to do but I closed my eyes. *Gasp* Are we kissing?! Omo omo omo omo omo omo omo omo! I felt him kiss and he move his lips so I kissed him back too. This…. feels…. good….so warm. I was enjoying the kiss and I know that he is enjoying it to coz I felt a smile curve on his soft lips. He felt warm and cozy. We pulled out from the kiss and smiled to each other. The ride went down and we got out. I walked home alone since I turned down his offer to bring me home. Well, I didn’t want him to hear me squeal.. coz that will be too embarrassing. That night,  I can still feel his lips on mine and I driven off to sleep.

 

YOUNGSAENG’S POV

We reached the top of the Ferris wheel and watched the sunset. I suddenly asked if she had her first kiss. I didn’t know what hit me but I asked her. She said no and we got carried away with the topic. Suddenly, I felt that I can’t control my feelings for her. It was so perfect that day even the mood and place! I dared her to kiss me and surprisingly, she agreed! She was getting closer but I decided to make the first move since I’m the guy. Our lips crashed to each other and she responded to the kiss. It lasted long and we smiled to each other. Wow.. her lips are so soft… they tasted like cherries. This is my first kiss, and I never thought that I would have one. I guess anything is possible. I smiled and broke the kiss. We got out of the ride and went home. But reality came into my mind! I don’t and shouldn’t fall in love with her! I shouldn’t!!!! I’ve made up my mind. I’ll tell her the truth and the reason. I know she’ll be hurt and I would be hurt too. Even though this will mean farewell, I have to do the right thing… coz I love her. Guilt would only grow big if I don’t tell her soon. I think… this is the right choice…. I’m sorry Mi Yen…

 

NO ONE’S POV

Morning came and Mi Yen went to their usual spot in the park but Youngsaeng wasn’t there. She waited for him and she saw a note saying:

“Meet me at the _________ ( I don’t know what name of the place to write on it LOL. You decide, readers.) Go there as soon as you read this note. I have to tell you something very important. <3 Youngsaeng”

Mi Yen ran as fast as she could and went to the path where the meeting place is but she saw her path blocked by a traffic jam. She sighed and thought hard. There is another way to go there. And it would take the least time to go there. But, there was another obstacle. You see, the meeting place was just on the other side of the Horror House. Mi Yen gulped and felt her knees weaken.

“The h-horror house….” she gulped. But then, she gathered all her strength and courage. “Mi Yen! Put yourself together! This is Youngsaeng we’re talking about; the man you love! Now! Go there no matter what! For Youngsaeng! Fighting!” she said to herself and entered the horror house. Like before, cold breeze greeted her but she kept on walking. She again heard those noises but she just covered her ears. She ran as fast as she can, while chanting, “They’re just fake Mi Yen!” A cold hand touched her but she  didn’t mind it. Never did she scream inside that place and she finally saw the light out!!!!! Hurray! She was sweating but she still had a smile on her face. She finally overcome her fear and was a victory for her. Right in front of her was Youngsaeng who hugged her immediately . She hugged him back. When they broke the hug she said, “Youngsaeng! I did it! I went in the horror house alone! Without any help! I did it! I have overcome my fear!” Youngsaeng smiled at her and hugged her again and this time, tighter. “Yes, you did. Congratulations. You did it.”

“So, what were you going to tell me?” asked Mi Yen. Youngsaeng looked away and frowned. “What’s wrong?” Mi Yen asked worriedly and touched Youngsaeng’s shoulder. He turned to her. “Mi Yen, I love you.. so much… and more than anything in this world. You mean so much to me.” he began. “I love you too, Youngsaeng.” Mi Yen said as she caressed his cheek. “Since the very day I saw you.” she ended. “That’s the problem…” Youngsaeng whispered. Mi Yen was shocked and confused. “Why? Why is that a problem?”

“I can’t… love you…. and I shouldn’t.” Youngsaeng said as he took her hand away from his cheek. “You see, I’m not what you think I am.”

“What do you mean?” she asked with wide eyes. “Look… I don’t care if you are a bad guy or… something… but all I know is that I love you.”

“What I meant to say is that… I am no… human being…. I’m just…. a ghost.” he sighed. Mi Yen burst into laughter. “Hahaha, Youngsaeng, you’re a really good joker.” But when she saw the serious look on Youngsaeng’s face, she stopped.  “You’re….I don’t get you.” she said.

Youngsaeng sighed. He took her hand and they walked. “That burned building, beside that horror house… I used to live there.” he explained. “So?” Mi Yen asked.

“I… died there too.”

“But, that’s not possible Youngsaeng. Why do you feel solid? Why can I hold your hand? Why can I embrace you? Why can I feel your lips on mine?” Mi Yen asked and she was getting emotional.

“That’s because… we ghosts can make our bodies solid. That’s why some things move and that’s a sign of our presence. I know that you can feel my body cold and that’s another sign of being a ghost. Actually, you’re the only one who can see me. I’m only visible to you.” he explained. Mi Yen still didn’t believe. So Youngsaeng put his hand on the wall and it just moved through it. She was tearing up and her tears flowed down.

Youngsaeng looked at her and also wanted to cry. He’s eyes were tearing up. “I can’t be your lover Mi Yen. I was just pretty lonely so I went for a walk in that horror house then I heard you. I only wanted to help you but I didn’t expect that I would fall in love with you. I’m sorry, if there’s just something I could do….. I would not waste any time.” he didn’t know that he was already crying. He cupped Mi Yen’s cheeks and looked in her eyes. “Always remember Mi Yen, I love you so much. And you’re the only person that made me feel alive once more and brought happiness to me. And I wanna thank you for that. I didn’t know that, I can fall in love even in death. I never thought that I can feel happiness anymore. And I never thought that I can have my first kiss.” he smiled a bit.” Mi Yen… I’ll always be right there beside you, to protect you. I promise you that. I love you so much. Always remember that and thank you for everything.”

“I love you too…. Youngsaeng.” Mi Yen replied and hugged him tight. With one final kiss on the lips, he disappeared in front of her. A slight but warm breeze wrapped on her body and off it went. She still heard him whisper, “I Love You.” Her eyes were swollen and red from crying. She felt weak and kneeled on the ground, crying his name.

 

PRESENT DAY (MI YEN’S POV)

Classes have already started and the teacher hasn’t arrived yet. I stared out of the window, recalling all the memories during that most special vacation in my entire life. The first day I saw and met Youngsaeng and how love felt. A smile gently crept on my face as all of the things flashed back in my mind. Honestly, since that day, I have always recalled those precious memories. I am thankful to Brenda even though she’s a pain in the sometimes, but if it wasn’t for her and her dare, I wouldn’t have met Youngsaeng, my first love. Yup… all because of that dare…

I heard the door open and our teacher came in but I never bothered to look. The others greeted her.

“Alright class, we have a new student in this class. Please come in. “ she said. I just sighed and continued to look out of the window. I heard the girls gone wild and they screamed. I just rolled my eyes.

“Annyeong ^^.” the new guy started.

Wait… that voice… sounds familiar.

Then the new student chuckled and it really was familiar! The sweet chuckle… could it be?…. I turned around to face in front. My eyes widened at the sight. O.O

“My name is Heo Youngsaeng and I’m a transferee here. Well, I studied in the States and my family moved back to Korea for business purposes. I’m looking forward to meet new friends and please treat me well. Thank you.” Then he bowed.

Our teacher then told him to sit beside me and he went to his assigned seat. I looked at him with wide eyes and he smiled showing his pearly white teeth and he winked at me….

 

__________________________________________________________________________

This is for you Unnie ^^ lol. Finished it. I hope you like it.