Picture Perfect Pt.2

One-Shot Stories.... Romance and Tears

 

Eun Shin finished her food 30 minutes before her work starts. She grabbed his wallet and ran off to find him. After many turns, she again checked his ID.

“Hmmmm…. _________. This must be the place.” she said as she looked at the huge sign of the building.

She entered the building and a nice guard greeted her and smiled.

“Ms., who are you looking for?” the guard asked.

“Uhmmm…” she scratched her head. “Hyung Joon.”

“Ahhh… you must be his girl. Such a lucky kid. Well, he’s in the 3rd floor, 1st door.”

She blushed in just hearing what the guard said. She just smiled and said thanks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile…

Hyung Joon was inside a room with his brother, editing the pictures they took. Hyung Joon can’t help but smile as he remembered the things that happened earlier. He was thinking about her…. Eun Shin. Her looks…. her angelic voice…. and her smile.

His younger brother noticed him and said, “Yah! Hyung!”

Hyung Joon left his lalaland and looked at his brother. “Hmmm?”

“Why are you smiling?” His brother went near him and looked at him closely.

“What are you doing?” Hyung Joon asked.

“Is there something wrong, hyung?”

“A-anni Kibum.” he stuttered and looked away.

“Hyung~.” his brother smiled. “Just tell me.”

“Tell you what?”

“You met a girl, didn’t you?”

“A.. girl? hahahaha… pshh… hahahaha… yes.”

Kibum punched his hyung’s arm which made Hyung Joon groan. “I knew it. So, who’s she?”

*KNOCK KNOCK*

A knocking sound was heard before Hyung Joon could reply.

“Come in.”

“A-annyeong.” Eun Shin bowed.

When Hyung Joon turned his head, his eyes met with Eun Shin’s. He stood up from his chair and walked happily towards Eun Shin.

“Hey there. What’ya doing here?”

“Uh, you left your wallet in the café and I…”

“OH! I get it.” Kibum smiled. “I’ma just gonna go get something. Hyung, I’ll be back and accompany our lovely guest first. Arasso?” He winked at his brother and left.

“Aish…” Hyung Joon whispered. “You were saying?”

“I came here to… bring you back your wallet. Here.” she handed him the wallet.

“Oh, thank you.” He smiled again.

 

EUN SHIN’S POV

Dang! Why does he always have to flash his smile? It’s sooo irritating! Doesn’t he know that he looks like a god when he smiles? Aish. Now, I’m blushing again. I hope he doesn’t see me blush. Quick! Bow your head down.

“Uhmm… yeah. You’re welcome. I have to be going now. I think it’s almost 1 pm.”

“Oh, okay. But, if you’ll walk, you’ll be late. From here to the café shoppe takes about 15 minutes and you only have 5 minutes left.”

“Oh~” What now?!

“If you want, I can offer you a ride back to the shoppe.”

“Uhmm….”

“Don’t be shy.”

“O-okay.”

We left the building and again I saw the guard smiling at us and winked.

We arrived at the café shoppe at exactly 1 pm. Everyone was getting ready. Hyung Joon and I walked towards the door and I reached for the knob….

AIGOO!!!! He was also reaching for the knob and his hand… touched mine!!!!!!!! I can feel my face burning up.

“Oh, sorry.” he apologized. Don’t be!

“uh… it’s okay. Well, thanks for the ride again.”

“Don’t mention it. Bye.”

I also bid goodbye to him and he left.

“I wish you would always leave your wallet here….” I sighed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Days passed by… and Hyung Joon always visits the shoppe. He would always talk to Eun Shin and very soon… the two of them got closer to each other. Eun Shin’s feelings for Hyung Joon grew deeper and deeper.

One day, during her free day, she came across a place where a photo shoot was being held. Again, she saw Hyung Joon, but with a disappointed face. She came nearer to hear what he was saying.

“Where the hell is the model?! She should be here by now!” he shouted.

“S-she said… she… she is s-sick.” the man stuttered.

“What now?!”

Then, the man looked up and saw Eun Shin. “Hyung Joon-sshi! What about her?”

“HUH?!” Eun Shin asked.

“Eun Shin-sshi. Eun Shin-sshi! Come here!’ Hyung Joon called happily, making a sign to Eun Shin to come nearer.

“You’re free today, right?” Hyung Joon asked immediately.

“Uh, ne.”

“Great! Can you do me a favor, please.” Hyung Joon used his aegyo on Eun Shin.

“O-okay.”

“Okay! Please wear this dress. And Minzi will do the rest.”

She entered a room and when she came out, she was wearing a beautiful gown. All turned to her and she was gorgeous. The ladies were envious while the guys were stunned. She doesn’t have make up yet, but she’s so beautiful, she was the one who stands out from the group of models. Hyung Joon’s mouth was slightly opened and he closed it after awhile. He smiled and complimented her. Eun Shin blushed. Hyung Joon had finished taking pictures of other models, so it’s her turn. She walked in front and was nervous at first coz she didn’t know what to do. Hyung Joon encouraged her to just do some poses that would fit her.

It was also unexpected that she knew some really great poses which amazed and made Hyung Joon happy.

*Click*

*Click*

*Click*

*Click*

“Woah…. Eun Shin, you really do amaze me.  You’re full of surprises.  The camera really loves you. Picture perfect.” Hyung Joon said in his mind

The owner of the business saw Eun Shin and said that she has potential.

After the photo shoot, he talked to Eun Shin and offered her a job; to be a model of his business. He promised her that she will have a nice future.

She agreed to it and she told Hyung Joon.

“Really? The boss said that? OMO! Congratz! We’ll be co-workers!” He pulled Eun Shin to a warm hug and smiled.

Now, Eun Shin didn’t expect that to happen. She was blushing furiously. What she didn’t know, Hyung Joon was also blushing.

That night….

Hyung Joon went home and immediately walked inside a room where he develops pictures.

He added a solution of chemicals and then added the last chemical… it is hazardous and harmful when in contact with the skin. He’s really careful with it and he placed it on top of the shelf. He posted some pictures of Eun Shin in his room, admiring her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Time flew, and Hyung Joon and Eun Shin became closer than ever. Until one day, Hyung Joon confessed his love for Eun Shin. Of course, Eun Shin was so happy and everyone celebrated. They spend their time together happily and full of love. There may be some minor problems and fights but, it made the couple stronger. Their laughs, smiles, can warm anyone’s heart. The people say that “You guys are so picture perfect.”

Eun Shin felt bored then asked Hyung Joon, “Oppa, what’s your favorite part of your body?”

“Hahaha.” Hyung Joon laughed. “What kind of question is that?”

“Aish. Just answer it already, please.”

“Okay, well…. it would be… my eyes.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Because, my eyes are the ones that let me see all the beautiful things in this world, my friends and my family and you! I don’t care if I will loose my sense of hearing or my ability to speak. All that matters is that I can see you and your beautiful and warm smile. And also, I use my eyes in taking pictures.”

“Wow. You really do love taking pictures.”

“Ye. It’s my hobby since I was young. And here I am. A photographer.” He smiled at Eun Shin. “And if it wasn’t for this job, I wouldn’t have met you.”

Eun Shin felt happy hearing this from Hyung Joon. She knows that he will never hurt her. She has found her prince.

“Eun Shin-ah…. saranghae.”

“Saranghaeyo.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tonight’s a very special night for the couple. It’s their first anniversary together. Hyung Joon took Eun Shin to a fancy restaurant and ate there. Suddenly… it rained hard so hard, wetting the streets of Seoul.

After eating, Eun Shin saw a couple and they were so sweet. They shared an umbrella and the man was hugging his girl. She was kinda jealous coz Hyung Joon doesn’t act sweet.

“Eun Shin-ah!” Hyung Joon called. “You might get wet.”

He handed her an umbrella and she thought that the two of them will share it together. But, she saw him taking another umbrella out from his case.

She was so disappointed and left the umbrella. She walked in the rain and she was starting to get wet. Hyung Joon was confused in how his girlfriend acted. He ran after her and handed his umbrella to her. So, they shared one umbrella. Eun Shin smiled to herself as her plan succeeded. She was enjoying the feeling of Hyung Joon’s warmth wrapping around her.

They went to Hyung Joon’s  house and stayed there for the night. Eun Shin was soaking wet, and Hyung Joon handed her his smallest shirt so that Eun Shin could change. When she went inside his room to change, he changed his clothes inside another room. When he went outside, he saw Eun Shin and his shirt was really loose. But he thought it was cute. He hugged his girl and smiled.

He said that he will develop some pictures first. He asked Eun Shin to get something from the top of the shelf inside the room where he develops pictures. Eun Shin went inside the room and reached for the object. She was having a difficult time coz she can’t reach it. It took her a long time and finally, Hyung Joon asked if there was something wrong, but Eun Shin denied.

After a few minutes…

*BOOG*

Hyung Joon stopped what he was doing when he heard something fall. He rushed inside the room and found Eun Shin laying on the floor, unconscious and the liquid of hazardous chemical he uses spilled on the floor and on Eun Shin’s eyes. He forgot to close the cap of the bottle when he last used it.

He was so shocked and hurriedly picked Eun Shin up and rushed to the hospital.

In the hospital…

Hyung Joon  was waiting outside the room where Eun Shin was. He wanted to cry because it was his fault why his girlfriend is in there. He kept on blaming himself. He sat down on a chair with his head on his hands.

The doctor came out…

He said that Eun Shin’s okay but her eyes are severely injured. She can’t see anymore unless they do operation.

Hearing this made Hyung Joon cry and it was like time froze. He felt himself getting weaker and weaker. Confusion, Sadness, Anger to himself and Regret was all mixed up inside him. He doesn’t know what to do.

After 1 month in the hospital…

“Okay Eun Shin-sshi, open your eyes slowly and tell me what you see.” says the doctor.

Eun shin opened his eyes and slowly and at first, everything was a blur then, it became clear. He saw the doctor and nurse smiling at her. She smiled back and overjoyed that she can see again. But something was missing. Where’s Hyung Joon. She expected the man she loves to be with her, in this very room right now. But, he wasn’t.

After paying the bills, she left the hospital. She rested for some days. She thought that Hyung Joon would come and visit her but he didn’t. She decided to visit him in his house. She kept on knocking and shouting but no one answered. The door was locked and an old woman told her that the owner of the house left and lived somewhere else. She was shocked and blank for a while.

“How could he do this? he didn’t tell me anything about this.” She sighed and left with a frown on her face. She was tearing up. She thought that when the operation is successful, she’ll be happy coz she’ll see that angelic face of his again.

Days passed and she returned to work. Everyone surprised her with a welcome party. She was surprised but happy. Her co-workers welcomed her warmly and hugged her. She was looking for Hyung Joon but he wasn’t there either. She asked Dae Sung, a close friend of Hyung Joon if he has seen him. It took a long time before he could answer.

“I- I’m sorry but I didn’t.” Dae Sung answered.

She sighed and just waited for him to return.

Days, weeks, and months passed. Still no sign or news from Hyung Joon. She lost hope that he’ll return. She cried of that thought and her friend, comforted her.

“Unnie! Why isn’t he not here? At first, 10 months ago, when I was released in the hospital, I though he’d be by my side. I looked for him everywhere. He’s not also in his house and someone told me that he lived somewhere else!”

“Hushhhhh dongsaeng. Shhh. “ her friend said. “It’ll be fine.”

“Fine? How could you say that. I’ve waited 10 months for him to return. I kept on hoping but it turned me down. He said he loves me….. He’s A BIG FAT LIAR! I CAN’T BELIEVE I’VE FALLEN FOR A LIAR!  He talked to me with those soothing words. Probably he doesn’t want a blind girlfriend and I’ll just be a burden to him so he left. Maybe he’s now in some ’s bed right now! I can’t believe him! I though he was different… not like my father who just abandoned us and left us. But I was wrong! He’s just like the rest of them! Babo! Babo! babo!”

“Shhh…. Eun Shin….. Shhh.” Her friend pulled her to a hug and whispered. “Someday…. someday you’ll know why…”

5 months later…

Eun Shin decided to walk in the park since it’s her free time. She strolled around, feeling the soft breeze that caressed her cheeks and brushed through her hair. She still can’t forget about him… Hyung Joon.

*Arf! Arf! Arf!*

She felt something poking on her leg and when she turned around, she saw a dog, sniffing her.

“Hey there little fella!” she caressed the dog. “Where’s your master.”

The dog her hand and looked at the right. She saw a man with a coat and black sunglasses.

“Oh, that’s your master?”

The man was holding something and a strong wind came, which carried the object in front of Eun Shin. She picked it up and it was a picture… of her.

“Why does this man have my picture? Who is he?” she thought.

She looked closer at the man and she can’t believe whom she saw.

Hyung Joon.

Kim Hyung Joon.

It’s him.

But, there’s something different….. he grabbed onto a rod which helped him guide his way.

Could it be….. He’s….. blind…….

She remembered what the doctor told her that she could only see if someone will donate his/her eyes to her.

A drop fell down on her cheek.

*FLASHBACK*

“Wait…. doctor!” Hyung Joon called out. “What do you mean if she’ll undergo surgery?”

“If someone is willing to donate his/her eyes to Eun Shin, she’ll be able to see.”

Hyung Joon thought about it for a while…..

He was willing to give his everything for Eun Shin. That’s how much he loved her. He will sacrifice one of the things that is precious to him.

He went home for a while and talked to his younger brother, Kibum.

“Kibum….. do me a favor. ne?”

“Anything hyung.”

Hyung Joon smiled and said, “I won’t be living in this house…. ever again. Please don’t tell Eun Shin where I’ll be.”

Kibum was shocked and asked, “What?! Hyung?! Why? What are you talking about? What happened?”

“Look Kibum-ah, it’s my fault that Eun Shin is in the hospital….. and…. I’ll be donating my eyes to her… and I don’t want her to see me nor have contact with me…. I’ll only be a burden to her.”

“Hyung….. “

“Please Kibum….. I’m begging you.” Hyung Joon pleaded and cried.

“O-okay…..hyung….” Kibum said with a sad tone. His chest felt heavy in what his brother had decided.

The day of the operation came…

Eun Shin layed on a bed and so was Hyung Joon. Before the start of the operation, he held her hand and whispered, “Eun Shin….. please forgive me. I’m the cause of your agony right now and I promise I’ll make it up to you…. I promise…. you won’t see me again…. I’ll give you everything I have….. I love you….. forever.”

With heavy steps…. she walked to wards Hyung Joon , with her cheeks all wet from her tears that won’t stop flowing. She has wronged him.

She then remembered what she said….

“Fine? How could you say that. I’ve waited 10 months for him to return. I kept on hoping but it turned me down. He said he loves me….. He’s A BIG FAT LIAR! I CAN’T BELIEVE I’VE FALLEN FOR A LIAR!  He talked to me with those soothing words. Probably he doesn’t want a blind girlfriend and I’ll just be a burden to him so he left. Maybe he’s now in some ’s bed right now! I can’t believe him! I though he was different… not like my father who just abandoned us and left us. But I was wrong! He’s just like the rest of them! Babo! Babo! babo!”

Those sentences lingered in her head and won’t stop repeating. It echoed throughout her mind. She was wrong about him…

“Okay, well…. it would be… my eyes.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Because, my eyes are the ones that let me see all the beautiful things in this world, my friends and my family and you! I don’t care if I will loose my sense of hearing or my ability to speak. All that matters is that I can see you and your beautiful and warm smile. And also, I use my eyes in taking pictures.”

“Wow. You really do love taking pictures.”

“Ye. It’s my hobby since I was young. And here I am. A photographer.” He smiled at Eun Shin. “And if it wasn’t for this job, I wouldn’t have met you.”

“Uhmm… excuse me…. did you see a picture that flew?” Hyung Joon asked.

She forced a smile and said, “Here sir.” She handed him the photograph. Hyung Joon thanked her and left with the dog. His smile didn’t change even a bit….. he looks the same.. the Hyung Joon she first met.

The picture he was holding was the very first picture he took. The picture which became the bridge why they met. The bridge of their love…. so PICTURE PERFECT….