Dare Me Pt. 1

One-Shot Stories.... Romance and Tears

 

Gender: Female
Your Name: Koo Mi Yen 
Bias : Heo Youngsaeng

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The room was silent and only the ticking sound of the clock was heard throughout the white, spacious room.

The students’ eyes were glued on the wall clock; counting every second that passed. Even the teacher, who was obviously exhausted from all the days she spent with her students, was eager for the long hand of the clock to strike at 12.

Every movement was slower than ever. They started counting down silently.

Except for one particular girl. She’s Koo Mi Yen, known to be one of the most beautiful girls in school and may be considered as a queenka…. but with a slight hitch… she’s kind of boyish…..  Instead of looking at the clock, she was sleeping peacefully in her seat. Her notebook as her pillow.

It was the last minute….. less than 10 seconds more to go before everyone goes and lay their  bodies in their own beds.

They haven’t noticed that every time minute hand goes nearer to 12, they would count out loud…….

“5…4…3…2…1!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!”

Everyone cheered and some of the students even threw their notebooks in the air. The teacher, stood up and took her hat and bag. She immediately went out of the room, skipping.

Mi Yen, groaned and wiped her eyes as she woke up. She yawned and saw the students celebrating and talking about their plans for the vacation.

She smiled to herself, thinking of all the fun she’ll have. She wore her cap and prepared to go out when suddenly, someone called her name.

“KOO. Mi.YEN!”

She stopped on her tracks, and closed her eyes. She looked quite annoyed because she knew the owner of that high-pitched voice. No other than the most boastful, flirtatious and wanna be queenka; Brenda Kim, aka Mi Yen’s enemy since birth. Mi Yen clenched her teeth and turned around.

“What do you want again… BRENDA?” she asked as she leaned on the wall coolly.

Brenda walked closer to her with a smirk. “So, what are you going to do this vacation?”

Mi Yen rolled her eyes and said, “I believe it’s none of your business….” And she continued on walking.

“Alright…. Mi Yen… what will you say if we’ll have a…. DARE.” Brenda continued which made Mi Yen stop.

“I’m listening.” Mi Yen said, and oh, does she love those dares.

“I thought so. Okay. I dare you to…. go inside a horror house….alone and do it tomorrow. ” Brenda smirked.

Mi Yen’s eyes widened. Oh sure she can do anything, just not going inside a horror house!!!!! If there’s anything she hates, it would be anything related to horror and super natural things. How come this knew about her… weakness?

“Forget it.” she said.

“Awww… is our little Yennie afraid of ghosts? Ahahaha! This would be so fun seeing people teasing you and who knows…. it would also be the headline of our school paper.” Brenda said.

Mi Yen really got pissed off of what she said. Her blood was boiling and she became red as a tomato.

“Alright! I’ll do it! I’ll prove to you that I’m not afraid of anything. I’ll prove you wrong! I’ll take the dare!  Hmmm…. okay, if I do it, you will to kiss Han Jae Beom; the school nerd.”

“Deal!” Brenda smirked. “ I’ll meet you up in the horror house next to the abandoned apartment at 8 a.m.”

“You got it.” and with that, Mi Yen walked away.


“This is going to be good….” Brenda whispered.

 

Meanwhile…

Mi Yen was leaning on her locker, thinking about the dare. She was so deep in her thoughts. "How did she know? My weakness....   horror house... but... i've already agreed to do it... GOD! I hate this!" she said in her mind.

Then...

"YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed in shock as she felt a hand grab her shoulders. Her heart was beating faster and she was tearing up.

She opened her eyes and in front of her was no other than her older brother... Kim Kibum. Her oppa...

"Mi Yen!" Kibum greeted with a smile, his other hand holding on his book. "Are you okay?"

"Oppa! Don't do that again!" Mi Yen said as a drop of tear flowed down. She rested her right hand on her chest, feeling her heart beat.

"Oh, mianhae dongsaeng." Kibum apologized and hugged his sister.

"Aish oppa! This is embarassing! Not here!" Mi Yen said as she tried to get out of her brother's arms.

"Fine, fine. Tsk tsk tsk."

So, the siblings walked out of the school. They went inside Kibum's bougatti which was parked on a reserved corner for them. Mi Yen was silent as she went inside the car. Kibum played the player and it played their favorite pop songs. But Mi Yen just stared out of the window.

"Mi Yen-ah, are you sure you're okay?" Kibum asked worriedly. He put his hand on Mi Yen's forehead. "Hmmm.... you're not sick or anything..."

Mi Yen removed her oppa's hand and said, "It's nothing oppa... just..... tired." And she forced a smile.

Kibum raised his brow and looked at her. "I thought you were excited for this vacation. You've been wanting this...."

"Really... I'm okay."

"If you say so... just tell me if something is bothering you. Arasso?"

"Deh. Arasso."

"But first, we have to go to the company. Dad is waiting for us there."

"Okay."

After a few minutes, they reached their company and everyone greeted them. They went inside a room and at the center was their father, seating and reading files.

"Appa." they called.

Their father looked up and smiled. He stood up and hugged his children. 

"So, how are you doing?" their father asked.

"We're doing great dad!" Kibum replied. "Isn't that right, Mi Yen?" they looked at Mi Yen who was staring in blank space. "Mi Yen?" 

Kibum patted her shoulder. 

"hmm? Ah, yes, we're... okay, dad." 

"Good to hear that Mi Yen." her father smiled. They talked and talked about some family things but most of the time, Mi Yen's mind was flying away.

The siblings headed back home. "Mi Yen?"

"Hmmm?"

"I won't be home until like 10 pm starting tomorrow."

"WAE?! Oppa?" Mi Yen asked. She always wanted to be with her brother all the time. They were so close to each other that she doesn't want to be a apart with her brother.

"Sorry, but I promised dad that I will help him in the company."

Mi Yen whined. "Okay..."

"Thanks for understanding." and Kibum smiled.

Their mother, who is a director, greeted them. "Kids!" and she pulled them into a hug.

"Umma!"

They walked and sat in the dining room.

"How are you doing?"

"We're fine umma."

"So, Kibum, you'll be helping your father in the company, right?"

"Deh, umma."

"And Mi Yen." her mom smiled. Mi Yen looked at her with big eyes as she put a spponfull of food in . "Are there any guys in your life now?"

Mi yen can't believe what her mother just asked. Kibum laughed and she choked on her food. 

*cough8cough*cough*cough*

She was beating her chest and the maids, worriedly hurried to her and offered her a galass of water. 

"Umma! What kind of question is that?"

"What? Do you mean, no guy is couting you?" her mom asked with wide eyes.

Mi Yen didn't answer instead, she just played with her food. 

"AIsh, this girl! You have it all! the looks, the brains! Your problem is that you don't wear girl clothes! You always wear those loose shirts! That's it! Tomorrow we'll go shopping for dresses." 

"Wae?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Umma!" she whined. "I'm fine with my clothes!" she replied.

"Hahaha. Umma, the truth is, many guys like her at school. the thing is that, they're afraid that she'll beat them up!" Kibum said.

Mi Yen hissed at her brother. 

"Aish.... really, I'm not interested at 'love'. I'm also clueless about it!" Mi Yen said.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Everyone has to face it, Mi Yen. Who knows, maybe someday you'll meet Mr. Right. And then, you'll get married and after some years little kids will play and roam this mansion." Their mother said, obviously again in her fantasy land, sqealing like a teen.

The kids looked at her awkwardly. "Umma! How can you think about that matter already! Having kids? For heaven's sake! I just finished in 10th grade!" Mi Yen said.

Her mom looked at her. "And your point is?"

"Aish!" She got up from her chair and walked up stairs to her bedroom.

"Remember! Shopping tomorrow!!!" her mom shouted.

"Whatever." Mi Yen whispered and layed in bed. She sighed.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________Morning came. It was already quarter to 8. She wnet downstairs with her usual clothes. Shirt, jacket and pants and rubber shoes.

"Morning mom!" she greeted her mom, who was having tea in the living room.

"Mi Yen, where are you going?" her mom asked.

"Uh... I have to meet up with..... " She was cut off by her mother.

"A guy?!" She asked excitedly.

"No, umma....."

"Then who?" 

"My classmate. I have to go now umma, bye!" And she kissed her mom in the cheek. 

"honey! You can use the limo!" her mom shouted.

"I'm fine walking umma!"

It was not long when she reached their meeting place. Just looking at the place gave her chills. And what's worse, is the abandoned building next to it. It was burned down many years ago.

Her heart beat faster and faster.

"So, Mi Yen, you arrived." says a familiar voice.

Mi Yen turned around. " I didn't expect you to be here actually." says Brenda.

"Shut up."

"Well now, we will go inside the horror house."

"Phew! At least someone will go in with me." Mi Yen thought to herself.

They went inside the horror house and...

 

 

MI YEN'S POV

As the main door of the horror house opened, a cold gust of wind wrapped itself around my body; making my hair stand up. Man, I'm having goosebumps. It's really cold here. It's pretty dim to, if it weren't for those small bulbs on the wall... the light bulbs gave off a orang color to the surrounding but everytime, the lights would blibk; making the entire room black. Okay, now I'm really fraked out even though we're just at the entrance.

"Start walking." Brenda said. I tried my best to move my legs but they were stuck on the ground. Brenda pushed me and as an effect, I almost bumped onto the wall. Darn that Brenda! I want to kill her right now! Argggggggggh! I can feel that she's observing me so I just walked ahead. I turned into a corner and another one when suddenly, I heard the door shut close! NOOO! She locked me in! And what's worse, I'm alone in this freakin horror house! I then remembered some rumors that some ghosts from the burned building, roam this haunted house too... OMO.... ottokhe?! I'm doomed... I then had the urge to pee. GOD! I turned around to see the light bulbs have stopped working.. It's completely dark out. I was tearing up already. Then, I felt cold hands touching my shoulder. I immidiately screamed and ran away as fast as I can. My tears built up, making my vision a blur. As I ran, not caring where I was heading to, I saw bloody bodies on the floor and I heard weird noises coming out of nowhere. I screamed then my tears didn't stop falling down. Then what spooked me more, the light bulbs around me started blinking like they'll stop working any minute... you know, the ones that you see in horror movies when the ...G-g-ghosts appear.... I walked backwards then my back hit something... I was expecting the wall but it seemed like.. flesh! My hand touched something wet and when I looked at it, I saw.. crimson red blood!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed so loud and ran far awy from that place. I can't take it anymore! This will be my end! I had lost hope to find the exit. I sulked down and sat on the floor. I was crying all the time. I felt really pathetic and silly. Why did I even agree to this? Just to prove something? Pshhhh... the only things heard in that place was my sniffs and muffles.

I fet a hand touch my shoulder and patted it. Great! Another ghost! Without openeing my eyes, i said, " Please... leave me alone... don't hurt me... please." I felt someone kneel on the ground so that we'll be in the same level. The lights came back on. I think.. that he or she .. is looking at me. I opened my eyes to find... a handsome guy looking at me with worried eyes. I didn't know that someone was here. Gosh.. this is so embarassing. He held his hand and I hesitantly grabbed it. When I grabbed it, he pulled me up to stand. I can feel taht he's looking at me with those warm, deep black eyes. I don't know why but, I can't look at him. I'm not like this with others. Is this because I'm embarssed of him? If he heard my baby-like cries  before? Aish!

"Hey, ermm.... are you okay?" He finally asked and he looked closer at me.

"Uh..uh......" I stuttered, What's the ponit of lying in my situation right now? He had probably heard my cries. "Er... no."

He then suddenly grabbed my hand and he started to walk. I was shocked and confused with his sudden movements. "Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"I know you want to get out of this place. I can help you. Afterall, I was just about to go out when I heard you." He said then smiled at me, sweetly.

I let him drag me out of the horror house. We went out and I finally saw the light! Thank you!!!!!! I looked beside me and the man was gone. Omo. I haven't said thank you to him! Omo... Mi Yen, maybe he was in a hurry. I turned around and saw Brenda..... with an open mouth. Ha! I've won! But all thanks to that handsome and nice guy... MWO?! Mi Yen! What are you saying? Aish.

"Well, well, well, looks like someone is going to kiss the nerd." i said with confidence. And as expected, she rolled her eyes and walked out on me. Hehehe she's pissed off right now. Haizt. Well, I still have plenty of time left. So, why not just walk on the park. I wish I could see that guy again... well, to thank him of course. May be, it'll take time before I can see him again.. or NEVER. Haizt! He must have gone somewhere. The world is a huge place!

*Walk*walk*walk*

Ah... finally the park. As usual, I went to my usual and favorite spot in the park. It was under the huge tree. I've been there with Kibum oppa since we were kids. All the memories just flashed back into my mind, bringing a smile on my face. I fastened my pace then I saw the least expected..... I saw the same guy from earlier, sleeping peacefully under the tree. Awww... he looks peaceful and angelic. I went closer to get a closer look at his face. He has soft white skin and a small face... but he's very cute. Suddenly, his eyes opened slowly and his lashes moved delicately. He saw me then smiled. He sat up and looked at me.

"Er.... uhmm... sorry if I woke you up." I said without looking at him. I heard him chuckle and said, "Don't worry, it's not your fault. Hey... aren't you the girl in that horror house who was screaming/crying?"

My world went *THUG* well, he rememebered me.. but with those most embarassing things. T.T I pouted and looked at the other way. He chuckled again. His chuckles were so.... warm and made you at ease. It's like.. his an angel fallen from the sky and I felt at comfortable when I'm with him even though I've just met him.

"Hehehe.. sorry if I offended you." He apologized. I looked at him with O.O

"Ah! Taht reminds me.. thank you for helping me back there. It means a lot." I said. 

"Nah... it's okay. You're not the only one who's afraid in that place. Loads of people scream and even pee due to their fright." he said and we laughed. He patted the soft grass beside him, motioning for me to sat on it. I did as what he said and we looked at the people passing by. "It's perfectly normal to be scared." he said.

I looked at him and he looked at me. "Yeah right, then people would start laughing at you." i said sarcastically.

"You have to know that... everyone's not perfect. Only HIM above is perfect. We, all have weaknesses. Everyone is scared of something. It's not silly or anything. It's just.. you know..... normal!" he explained. He explained more and I listened to him. WOW. He really made me feel better. "But still, there are ways to overcome your fears." he ended.

"But... how?" I asked. He replied, "I believe that that is for you to know. I may have my own ways to overcome them and I know that there are also different ways to overcome yours. My methods might be not that effective in your situation but... you'll find the answer." I nodded my head trying to think hard what he meant by that. My own way.... hmmm.... I looked at my watch.. Oh snap! It's time for shopping! Ahhh! I immidiately stood up. He stood up as well.

"Where are you going?" he asked. "I'ma gonna.. go back home... I still have to do something! I'm late!" I'm obviously in my panick state right now. I ran very fast leaving him smiling at me. I stopped. "Wait! Do you come here often?" I asked.

"I come here everyday." He replied. "Oh cool! See you tomorrow and same time!" I said then went on running. I reached home and mom and I went on shopping. Later that night, I couldn't sleep. His image never left my mind. His smiles, looks, and his chuckle! Gah!!!! What's wrong with me? I closed my eyes and I opened them again. Wait! I haven't asked his name! Babo! Babo babo babo Mi Yen!