Starbucks

Is this Fate?

A/N: Main image Not mine.

here is chapter 2 please injoy!

 



 

I woke up in the morning to the smell of bacon cooking. I sighed as I stretched noisily in my bed. I was still wearing my pants and belt from the night before. I stood up, stretching some more before rummaging through my dresser for a nice pair of sweat pants to change into. That date last night had been horrible. First starting out with that weird question, then spitting on her, then getting caught on fire, and lastly staining my nice button down with wine. I felt bad for Lay. There was no question in my mind that he felt guilt for whatever happened and he was probably the one that was cooking breakfast.

I followed the smell of bacon all the way to the kitchen. Sure enough, Lay was finishing setting all the food down on the table. He smiled at me. 

"Hopefully this kinda makes up for last night." He said gesturing to the table. He had made one of my favorite breakfast. One that you cant get very often here in Korea. Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, Hash browns, and Orange Juice.

I smiled. "Thanks." I looked at him seriously for a moment. "It wasn't your fault Lay. You didn't know how the date would turn out."

"I'm glad you forgive me..." He smiled widely. "You have another date scheduled for today!"

I stared at him in disbelief. He couldn't be serious. After the train wreck that happened last night I would have thought he would stop meddling in my love life, but obviously I was wrong.

Tao came in then. "Morning Gege." He said sleepily. He sniffed at the table covered in plates and plates of food, before picking up a piece of bacon and taking a bite out of it.

"YA!!" Lay swatted at him. "That's not for you!!"

I laughed slightly. "Its alright he can have some."

Tao grinned then got himself a plate and started loading it with food.

"So do you want to tell us what happened last night?" Lay asked as I followed Tao in filling up my plate of food.

Once I sat myself down and started eating, I proceeded to tell them about my horrible ten minute date. They listened intensely to my story that only took a few seconds to explain.

"That ." Luhan said rubbing his eye's while walking into the kitchen.

"Hopefully today goes better." Tao said while Luhan helped himself to some food.

"yeah....so whats all happening today??" I asked around a mouth full of pancakes. "Who is she? Whats her name?"

Tao smiled widely. "Her name is Eun Ji. She is just your type! Tiny, sweet! You will like her!"

"As for today," Lay said. "You guys are going to meet infront of the Starbucks down the street. She knows who you are so just sit at a table and she will come to you."

Luhan smiled at me and pumped his fist in the air. "You got this WuFan! Hwaiting!"

*    *    *    *    *   *   *

I walked into the Starbucks cautiously. If this date goes bad, I swear I'm gonna give up on girls for a good while. I went to the counter and ordered my usual Dolce De Leche Frappe and took a seat at a table that was in the corner directly beside the front window and the door. This was a good spot. I sat facing the door so that I could see the people as they walked into Starbucks so that I could try to find the girl that I was set up with by Tao and Lay. 

Two girls came in a few moments after I sat down. They were both petite and pretty, but it was obvious that they weren't here on a blind date seeing as they chatted excitedly to each other while taking glances at me. Obviously fans. I sighed as they pulled out their phone and started to take pictures of me. I pretended not to notice as I sipped on my Frappe and looked out the window.

Another girl was walking in, but she wasn't Eun Ji. Seeing that she had, what seemed to be her boyfriend or husband, walking in with her. I waited patiently as girl after girl came into Starbucks. It seemed to be forever, though it was only a time span of 15 minutes, untill a small girl approached my table. She was cute, wearing a pink floral dress and cream cardigan. She was sipping on some sort of Chai, at least thats what I guessed from the aroma.

"Wu Fan?" She asked quietly.

"Are you Eun Ji?" I asked after nodding.

"Yes." She smiled while crossing her legs at her ankles as she stood in front of me.

"Oh! Please. Sit." I said gestering to the chair in front of me.

She nodded and sat down. 

"So," I said leaning forward slightly with my arms on the table. "Tell me about yourself."

"Umm.....my name is Yun Eun Ji. I'm 20 years old. I work at theFaceShop......" She mummbled off.

"Oh, thats cool.What do you do there?" I asked trying to get the conversation going.

She lite up."Oh, I love it. I get to sell the products, but I also get to use them. The best way to sell them is by telling your customers of the experiances you've had while using the products......" She kept talking but I started to zone out.

It wasn't that I was trying to be rude but her voice is just one that kinda puts people to sleep. It reminded me of my old geometry teacher back in Canada, Mr. Washburn. He would talk slowly, his voice was deeper. It was like a lullaby during class for me. I tried to pay attention again. 

".........New Zealand, and It heats your skin when you put it on. It feels really amazing. And it takes away all the black heads......not that I have any."

She started to sound a little snarky ( rude/conceited), kind of like how Jenny was.

I looked at my watch. It says its been 30 minutes. Did I zone out for that long?

"Wufan!"

"Huh?" I looked up at Eun Ji.

"You weren't listening, were you?"

"Oh, yeah. It takes away all the black heads..."

"No, I said 'The BB cream is really nice, you should try it sometime. now tell me about yourself.' But seeing that your too uninterested in listening to about me. I think we should just end this date here."

I stared at her.

"Are you not listening again? Ush! This is the last favor I do for Lay."

"Excuse me?" I could feel myself getting angry now. So Lay begged her to go on a blind date with me. She didnt want to. I stood up abruptly, making her flinch. "Then I will go ahead and leave first." With that I walked away.

I stood at the bus stop for a few moments before deciding that I wasn't ready to go home yet to face Tao and Lay. I had to much anger inside me at the moment and I didnt want to say some unneccessary things. They were only trying to help. The bus pulled up beside the curb, I looked at it for a moment as an elderly woman got off. 

I started up the steps of the bus, swipping my key chain over the sensor. I took a seat near the middle of the bus, it was the last seat that was open. A man came on after me and stood near the back of the bus, holding onto the railing that was attached to the ceiling. The doors closed as we started moving forward.

"WAIT!!!" I heard yelling and looked outside of the window.

A girl with medium length light brown hair was running beside the bus. We stopped. That was odd, normally the bus doesnt stop for people who were late. But it seemed as though the Bus driver favored this girl because as she got on, she bowed to him.

"Sorry Mr. Kim. I wont be late again." She walked over standing a little ways away from me. She had a pink shoulder bag slung across her chest, with mint colored shorts, a neon orange tank top, and a beig cardigan. She pushed up her flowery sunglasses to reveal something that, oddly to me, was shocking. Her eye's were blue. A very bright blue, matter of fact. I didn't understand it. She looked Korean besides her eye color. The bus moved then, causing her to stumble slightly, landing her on my lap. I could feel heat rush to my face as I blushed. 

She quickly got up and bowed to me. "I am so sorry." She said, her face flushed.

"Its okay. That was probably the highlight of my day." I said, then froze. That last part wasn't suppose to be said.

She laughed, which made me relax a little. 

"Sorry. You having a bad day?" She asked as she tried to reach for the bar over head. but she was a good 5 inches too short, even on her tipy toes.

I laughed at her. "Yeah, kind of."

"Well....." She smiled hesitantly. "Do you want to do something that will get your mind off of it for a while?"

I stared at her, shocked. I dont even know the girl, but at this point it doesnt matter seeing as she had already sat on my lap.

"Sure." I said hesitantly.

She smiled brightly."Awesome! It would have to go alone. Im Arianna, by the way."

I smiled at her, it was a beautiful name. "I'm WuFan, but some people call me Kris."

"Kris." She said smiling, testing out my stage name. She nodded. "I like it."

 



 

Annyeong everyone! 

Sorry that its been a while since Ive updated! But I finally got this chapter up. :D

What do you guys think?

Did I end this chapter well?

Sorry that it was kind of short. I promise to make the next chapter longer!

Please Comment and Subscribe!

I would love to hear everyone's feedback! :D

Thank you! Please Subscribe!

~Mekagome<3