Apples And Chocolate

Born For This

 

                Morning is a cruel thing. You get all warm and comfortable, wrapped up in your blankets and dreams, and then, boom. You have to wake up and deal with people, of all things.

Keeping this in mind, some people are just too grumpy in the mornings. And Heechul is probably the biggest non-morning person ever. While he might have seemed all caring and understanding waking me off, his nice mode switched off the second he left my room.

I realized just how bad it was as I watched him attempt to cut an apple. His knife flashed through the air as he unevenly and rather brutally sliced the poor fruit. He practically threw the butchered remains on a plate, and started making way too much noise as he searched for something.

 His loud grumbles indicated that he was looking for bread. Once he found a small loaf, he slammed the cabinet shut, and lowered his head.

“I know that you are standing there, judging me with your judgmental eyes,” he angrily spat out.

“It’s not my fault you act like a complete child in the mornings! Have you ever thought about growing up?” I laughed, not at all threatened by his wanna-be tough act.

“Have you ever thought about shutting up?” He grumbled, grabbing the food and setting it down on the table. With a loud groan he sat down, and rested his head on the table. “Why do mornings even exist? Don’t they know that nobody likes them?”

I smirked and sat down. “Well, I kind of like them. I get to see you act like a complete fool.” His head shot up, and he gave me his death glare. I responded by pulling the most innocent face I could muster, and take a bite out of one of the ugly apples.

“Whatever. I do not have time to deal with brats like you,” he mumbled, rolling his eyes and lowering his head back onto the table.

“You know you love me,” I retorted, and continued to munch on the apples. He just snorted in response. We ate in silence, me hogging the apples, and him slowly nibbling on the bread. My mind slowly drifted back to my dream/nightmare from last night. I had not had that dream in years. Did it mean something?

No, of course not. You are just being paranoid. Just ignore the fact that all the previous times you had it, something bad had happened. Like Heechul’s broken foot that stopped him from working and therefore making no money, or the time you were on your way to the store with all of you and Heechul’s money and some dude came out of nowhere and stole it. Or, that time when-

“Okay, that’s enough of that,” I said out loud, stopping my train of thought. Heechul’s head shot up, and he gave me the look he gives me when he is 99.9 percent sure that I am out of my mind. I shrugged, and looked back down at the plate. My gaze fell when I saw that there were no more apples. Oh, well. I needed to get to school anyway. I stood, and searched for my bag, which I had left in the doorway of my room.

“You leaving already?” my brother asked, without looking up from the tabletop.

“Yeah, if I don’t then I’ll be late to get Bora and she will be piss-“

My sentence was interrupted by a loud banging on our door.

“Kang Ji Hyun! Open this door! If you don’t in the next three seconds, I will bust it off its hinges and come in there and drag your skinny out of bed!”

I stifled back giggles as I heard Bora’s foot tapping on the ground just outside the door. I glanced back at Heechul, and waved goodbye as I grabbed my bag.

“Go, before she breaks our door!”

I laughed and opened the door to see my best friend’s angry face.

“Why, goodmorning to you too, Bora. So glad to see you on such a fine day!”

She shook her head, grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the door.

“Bye, Heechul!” I called but his response was cut off by the door closing. As soon as we stepped onto the sidewalk, Bora spun around and gave me the most evil glare she could muster.

“What did I do?” I asked, completely dumbstruck.

“I’m surprised you had to ask! You had me waiting at our usual spot for ten minutes. Ten whole minutes! Do you know how many other things that I could have done with those ten minutes than wait for your slow ? I had something really cool to tell you about, but I forgot it now!” she fumed.

“You’ll get over it,” I stated simply and started walking to school. She made a displeased noise and chased after me.

“I am not going to talk to you for ten seconds. For ten whole seconds, you are on the silent treatment.”

I raised an eyebrow at her, but said nothing. She rose up ten fingers, and counted down. Somewhere around the eight mark, her face lit up, and I guessed that she had remembered whatever it was she had wanted to tell me. She bit her lip in a vain attempt to stop from spilling whatever she had wanted to me. At around five, she gave up and gasped.

“Oh, I forgive you! But guess what!”

“Wha-“

“I found some chocolate! Some honest to god chocolate!”

 I stopped dead in my tracks. My eyes tripled in size, and my mouth may have slightly dropped. Chocolate was extremely hard to find in a world run by aliens. Harder than trying to find a contact that you dropped on a glass floor. I had only had it 14 times since the time I was four. My brother always managed to find me some on my birthday.

“Where?! Where the hell did you find it?” I practically screeched, shaking the poor girl by the shoulders. What can I say? I love chocolate. She just giggled, and smirked.

“I found it from some old guy selling random things. I think he was crazy. But I got chocolate!”

I just shook my head and laughed. “How much did it cost you?”

“Uh… A lot.”

She bit her lip, and we continued our walk to school. We walked in silence, our thoughts preoccupied with chocolate-based fantasies. Almost there, I realized that it was way too quiet.

“Bora, where are Dasom and Hyorin?”

“Waiting for us at the school. I told them to go ahead.”

I nodded, and we kept walking. With each step closer we got to the sad-colored building, my stomach dropped a little further. I knew something was going to go down- and soon. We were soon right infront of the building and I felt like I was about to puke. I opened my mouth to voice my concerns with Bora, but was cut off by a high-pitched squeal of happiness.

“Soyu!” Dasom practically screamed as she nearly tackled me.

“I missed you so much! I wanted to come get you but Bora said that she had something secret to tell you!”

“It’s been, like fourty-eight hours since I last saw you. So chill,” I laughed, and shot Bora a look. She secretively put a finger up to her lips, telling me to be quiet.

“Hey, Hyorin!” I greeted the girl who was staring distractedly at a nearby tree.

“”Hyorin!” I called louder, and she spun around, looking shocked.

“Gah, you scared me! I was daydreaming!” I rolled my eyes and turned to face the school.

In the courtyard, I could see our “enemies” Teen Top bullying some poor nerd kid. We all let out a collective sigh.

"Well," Hyorin said. "Let's face the music."

--------------

Ok. This too. I'm sorry if its boring. It is taking waaaaaay too long to get to Jongup. And the main plot. But mainly Jongup. I probably won't be able to update for the rest of this week, sadly, seeing as how I will be busy! I'll try to update Saturday or Sunday, but no promises! I like updating (kind of) quickly. Hahaha oh well! So comment and subscribe! Thaank youuuuuuu!(: