Prologue: The Original Seventy-Two Hours (Part Two of Three)

The Seven Sages: Seventy-Two Hours to Save the World

 

~Dawn of the Second Day: 48 Hours Remaining~

“Come back here you twerps!” hissed an old man, his wrinkled face showed his anger as he ran after the two, throwing at rock at the group of boys who were running away from him and towards their homes in the canyons, where the poor people and thugs lived with in the city.

“Let’s split up!” called one of the man blonde haired boys. The others nodded, “Yongguk, Jonghoon, Daehyun, take JR with you and head towards the house…I’ll distract the old man.”

“Alright Dongwoo.” Called the five, splitting from the male who had the bag of food in his hands, the elder chased after him, since he was the ones with the goods stolen from the old man’s food stand.

“Come back here you thug!” hissed the man, chasing after the boy, who pushed his way through the crowd who was heading in the opposite direction he was going.

 As he entered the heart of the crowd, which had people coming and going in every direction, the boy stopped and glanced around seeing that the old man was glancing around as well. Seeing that he had temporarily lost the elder, he looked around to find the tower, trying to figure out where exactly he was. He noticed he was in the innermost district, meaning that the place was crawling with gaurds because they were protective over the Moon Stone Tower for some unknown reason. Noticing that fact, he turned around and saw the old man standing right beside a guard, who was dressed in his pale blue uniform, pointing straight at him.

“…” muttered the boy under his breath as he forced his exhausted legs to move towards the back alley, ignoring the fact that it lead straight to the tower, he just wanted to get away from the guard that was pushing his way through the crowd towards him.

The younger male heard the guard shouting for him, but he ignored it and continued to run. Soon he reached the tower and froze; there around the tower were glowing blue chains that shot up into the sky. The male named Dongwoo, followed the chains with his eyes and saw them stretch towards the moon. He felt his jaw fall open, what the hell was this? He looked towards the entrance of the tallest building in the world and could have sworn he saw someone standing there staring at him with dark, cold eyes. He sprinted towards the door; he automatically saw the door open and he knew he wasn’t just seeing something, but an actual person who had originally been gazing at the glowing blue chains.

“Kid you’re not supposed to be here!” hissed the guard, Dongwoo glanced at the man and then back at the slowly closing black marble door.

He sprinted towards the door and slid in right as it closed, he held the handle tightly in his grip keeping it closed as he stood there, waiting for the guard to leave, he heard banging on the door and the panicked voice of the guard who had been chasing him before. After of hours of standing there and holding the door, the gaurd finally left. The boy closed his eyes and leaned his back against the door, letting out a sigh of relief.

Finally opening his eyes, he looked at the marble floor, noticing that it was reflecting something white, looking up he gasped there stood seven giant statues that stood in a line against the wall, each was made of white marble and was cloaked, however each statue had something that made it different than the others.

 The one that stood in the middle of the line, with three on each side of it was the tallest, reaching at least the fifth/sixth floor of the building while the others reached the fourth/fifth floors, it had its hand cupped and in both hands stood a hourglass which really had sand falling through the glass, the bottom had more sand in it than the top, showing that time was running out for something.

All of the other statues were standing in similar positions as the middle one, except for the ones to the left and right of the middle statue; the one to the left of the middle statue had its arms spread open as if wanting space and was facing the one in the middle. The one to the right was actually shorter than the rest because it was kneeling down while facing the middle one; however there was some sort of clear, pale blue crystal around it, giving it a ghostly feel. Its head was lifted up, looking at middle one, as if it was staring at its face.

The other four stood there in the same position as the middle one, the one to the right of the kneeling statue was holding a red flame, which was an actual burning flame. The smoke from the flame floated upwards to the point it wasn’t visible anymore, since it was going to the top of the tower where ever that might be.

The one to the right of the fire wielding statue held water. The water in its hands fell into the pool of water below, which surrounded the base of all seven statues. The things providing the water to its hands were unknown.

The other two statues held different things; one held nothing, however by looking at the water at the base of the statue you could see that there was a large amount of wind blowing onto it. The one to the left of the statue holding nothing, held a giant boulder.

The boy’s eyes ran over the statues in confusion.

Why hadn’t he seen these statues before?

Why didn’t he know of them?

He stepped towards them in awe, walking closer to them, he saw ancient writing on the bases of the statues, he only knew a bit of the language from the weird dreams he had been having recently. As he looked at the statues that grew in height as he came closer, his eyes locked onto the one which was on the far left, beside the one with nothing in its hands; the one holding the boulder. As he stared at the boulder, he felt drawn to it.

As he stepped into the pool of water at the bases of the statues, he heard a thud come from behind him, turning around slowly he saw a cloaked boy kneeling on the ground, a picture of the kneeling statue flashed through Dongwoo’s mind and his jaw dropped, what was this madness?

“What are you doing here?” said the cloak figure, his voice revealing that he was male. The man had stood up and his voice had a peculiar tone to it…one that sounded awfully familiar.

“I-I just came in here to hide…” muttered Dongwoo, looking at the man in shock and fear, he quickly stepped out of the pool, “I-I should be going now…”

The cloaked figure nodded, “That you should…It is dangerous here…”

“Myungsoo-ah, who is here?” asked a bone chilling voice from above.

“No one is here…” hissed the cloaked boy, obviously named Myungsoo, his voice was cold and the familiar tone in it was gone. The anger and hatred that rang in the boy’s voice scared Dongwoo.

“I feel that you are lying to me boy…” hissed the voice that was booming from above.

The boy named Myungsoo grabbed Dongwoo’s arm and dragged him to the door, opening it and shoving him out, “It’s far too dangerous for you to be here right now…especially since you’re still resting…”

“What do you-?”

“Don’t question me…” muttered Myungsoo, “You will remember in all due time…just run for now…”

As the boy said that, he closed the door and Dongwoo stared at it in shock, however, he did as the boy said and ran, gripping onto the bag filled with food tightly from confusion as he headed back towards his group’s headquarters.

~36 Hours Remaining~

“Something is off…” muttered a brown haired boy as he sat on the edge of the rope bridge; he lay back on the path behind him staring at the pieces of the sky that were visible through the trees.

“What do you mean hyung?” asked a boy beside him, closing his eyes as a gentle breeze caressed his skin.

“Changhyun-ah…look at the moon.” muttered the older male; his younger brother nodded and did as he was told.

“Wah~!” said the younger shocked, “Why is it so big? It looked so small yesterday…”

“I know…” muttered the older, his stare narrowed in on the moon, he noticed blue strings wrapped around the moon and gasped, “What the hell? Why are there strings there?”

The younger looked at him in confusion and then back up at the moon, “There is nothing there hyung…”

“But…it’s glowing blue, how can you not see it?” asked the older sitting up.

“Hoya-hyung, I think the festival is messing with your mind.” muttered the younger male, “You should go to bed early…”

“No!” hissed Hoya,”I’m not tired and this festival isn’t messing with my head, those strings are there. I’m not imaging it!”

“Hyung…you are, there really isn’t anything there…” muttered the usually playful younger, looking at the older with a serious expression, “There isn’t anything there hyung…you have to be imagining it…”

Hoya looked at the younger, then back at the sky, seeing that the strings were still there, “I’m not though…”

The younger sighed, “Hyung, I’m going to go to bed…”

The older looked at him with a frown on his face. Despite the older male’s protests the younger left and Hoya was left by himself sitting on the string bridge that was raddling from the wind as it blew. He sighed and rested his head in his hand, staring at the moon before closing his eyes, “Am I really going crazy?” 

 

The final 24 hours is coming...

Dun Dun DUNNNN...

I'd really appreciate it if some one would comment...

I'm afraid that I'm boring you all to the point you're not reading it...

Anyway the action will start after part three. ^^