Prologue: The Original Seventy-Two Hours (Part One of Three)

The Seven Sages: Seventy-Two Hours to Save the World

A tall, muscular man stood on the top of the Moon Stone Tower, the largest building in all of Moonope, the village around the tower was lit up by blue lights and buzzing with life. All the people looked like ants from where he stood. He smirked as he peered at the oblivious people, whom were enjoying the annual Moon Festival, which celebrated the restart of the moon’s orbit.

The moon…

The male’s eyes wondered up to the nearly full moon that casted a sliver hue over the land below it. The smirk on the man’s face changed into a crazed smile as he lifted his arms up, as if reaching out for it, wanting it to pick him up. Incoherent words left the man’s mouth, his eyes wide and glazed over as if he was trapped in some sort of trance. Hundreds of barely visible stings shot out of his hands, soaring right towards the moon.

Those humans, below the man couldn’t see the strings…

They could not see the things that were reeling in the thing that would destroy the world

They couldn’t see the danger that had appeared.

 They were all celebrating in the towns scattered around land, completely oblivious to what the man had done and oblivious to the danger that was slowly but surely making its way towards them. They were oblivious about the thing that would collide with the Earth in just a mere seventy-two hours and wipe out all the living organisms on the planet.

They were so oblivious...

So oblivious, that they didn’t realize the time that should be their greatest celebration would be the time of their greatest despair.

 

~Dawn of the first day: Seventy-Two hours remaining~

“Sungyeol-hyung, we’re being overloaded down here…we need help!” called a blond hairs boy at the bottom of the stairs leading up to their apartment which was over top the second floor of the inn which held all the rooms.

“Sungjong come here…” muttered the older from where he stood at the window of the top of the stairs.

“What?” mumbled Sungjong, looking at the older in confusion.

“Come up here…hurry…” muttered the older male, waving to his brother to get him to climb the stairs, before brushing a piece of his shaggy brown hair away from his hazel eyes which reflected the pale light emitting from the moon and the bright lights of the city below. His eyes however were looking at neither, they were truly looking at these weird glowing strings that connected to the moon from the barely visible Moon Stone Tower Miles away. Sungyeol turned his attention to the younger male, “Sungjong, seriously come here…”

The younger saw the urgency in the older’s eyes and ran up the stairs to the elder, who he stood beside, looking out the same window. As soon as he looked out his eyes zeroed in on one thing.

“What is that?” muttered Sungjong.

“You see them too?”

The younger nodded; looking at his brother both mirrored each other’s panic.

“What could they be?” muttered Sungjong, the older shrugged his eyes glued to the strings, however the longer he stared at them he saw that they were actually chains.

“Could it be the doom that traveling wizard told appa about?” mumbled Sungyeol, speaking his brother’s thoughts.

“You mean the one with the black cloak and the glowing red eyes?” said Sungjong, the older nodded, Sungjong sighed, “It very well could be…”

“That man seemed like he was up to something…” muttered Sungyeol, pressing his head again the cool glass of the window.

Sungjong nodded, “There was something off about him...”

“Could he be the one who did this?” asked Sungyeol, looking at the younger, “I’m mean he did say he was going to Moon Stone Town and from what I know the rest of the sorcerers are in the observatory in Ordon Village, well, that’s what the man had said.”

“You can’t trust what that man says…” said the blond haired boy looking at his hyung, who sighed and nodded.

“I know, but I just hope none of the others did this…they all seemed so nice when they arrived here for the festival last year…” muttered the older of the two.

“LEE SUNGYEOL AND LEE SUNGJONG GET YOU BUTTS DOWN HERE WE’RE EXTREMELY BUSY DOWN HERE AND REN IS CLOCKING OUT!” hissed their mother from two floors down, probably disturbing what guests were in their rooms, if there were any, which was highly unlikely since most people were out wondering the decorated streets or were downstairs eating Miro’s finest cuisine, which was made by their family, well more like their mother and sisters.

“Coming!” called the brothers, sprinting down the stairs to make sure they wouldn’t have to face their mother’s wrath.

 

~60 hours remaining~

A shaggy, dark brown haired boy sighed, staring at the rolling hills that stood between the capitol city, where the largest festival was going on, and the ranch he was currently sitting at. He was sitting up on the fence ignoring the stench coming from the cows that were moving around in the pasture. He sighed; night would fall in six hours and make the lights from the festival visible in the cloudy night sky. A sigh slipped out of his mouth and his older cousin shot a glare towards him.

“Niel get off your and help me…” muttered the older male who was carrying feed towards the chicken coop where the chickens were crowing.

“Hyung…I want to go to the capitol’s festival again this year…” muttered the younger male, “Minsoo-sshi is waiting for me…”

The older sighed and looked at the younger, “You know we can’t go this year...our farm is having difficulties right now…especially since that man came and took our ummas and appas away…”

The younger nodded, “I know it’s just the three of us, but would it really hurt just having us all go missing for a day? Hyung, just one day, that’s all I ask…”

The older shook his head, “Niel, you know we can’t do that…what if that evil cloaked man comes back?”

The younger shrugged, “We’d be safe?”

“What about our farm? Our home?  What about all the memories we have here?”

“Sunggyu-hyung, we’d only be gone for twenty-four hours…it’s not like we’d be gone forever…” muttered the younger.

“Niel…I just don’t have a good feeling about this…” muttered the older.

“What are you two lazy bums talking about?” asked a light brown haired male, walking to the duo, the two looked at him.

“Chanhee, Daniel wants to go to the capital,” Muttered the oldest of the three and the oldest left on the farm.

“Daniel…” muttered Chanhee, looking at the younger male, “We can’t go…”

“You want to see Byunghun-sshi, don’t you?”

The older nodded, “I don’t Niel, but this farm is more important that that festival…”

“Bu-But…” said Niel, getting cut off by Sunggyu.

“I’ll let us go to the festival…” muttered Sunggyu, changing his mind, “We’ll attend the last twelve hours of the festival, ok?”

The two younger males looked at him in shock, both chiming out, “Really?”

Sunggyu hummed, “Really, but that means that you have two work hard and help me get the chores done quickly okay? It won’t be that disastrous if we leave the farm for twelve hours.”

The two smiled and hugged their hyung, “Thank you Sunggyu-hyung!”

The older smiled and hugged the two back in return, “You’re welcome.”

The oldest male then looked towards the sky and frowned seeing the moon and some sort of glowing string wrapped around the moon, he followed the string with his eyes and saw that it some of it stopped right above the clock tower in Miro, the capitol city, and the rest of it continued on towards the Moon Stone Tower.

“Do you to see that?” asked the older male, pointing towards the strings, the two younger males automatically pulled away from the older and looked to where he was pointing.

The two younger males looked back at the older male like he was crazy, “Hyung, there is nothing there…”

 

 

 

I know it's a little boring but you have to let the excitement build up...

In Part Two you will meet more of the characters and find the place of great importance in this story...

Trust me in Part Three there will be more action since it will be about the final 24 hours...

Please comment.