The Water Sage (2/3)

The Seven Sages: Seventy-Two Hours to Save the World

~60 Hours Remaining~

Myungsoo felt something stir within him as he peered towards the small farm he remembered seeing from the tower, the farm that sat hidden within the rolling hills. The place the sorcerer had abducted some people from a week earlier in preparation for casting his spell – well, more like curse. Myungsoo felt something pulling him towards the ranch; he sensed the darkness that followed the sorcerer, who was also heading that way – however, he knew that the man would make a stop in the capitol first in hopes of finding the time sage.

Sungyeol…

~ 56 Hours Remaining~

Sungyeol…

The simple whisper of his name seemed to ease the pain that was still burning within his chest and stomach, however, his consciousness seemed to slowly comeback to him – as did the function of his arms and legs which ached from the fire that had seemed to have course through his veins. As the light he had been seeing faded, the pain returned at full strength before fading to a dull throb.

With much struggle, Sungyeol slowly opened his eyes, blinking as he did as his eyes adjusted to the darkness that surrounded him – the only source of light was the dull fire that burned in the fire place of the room, illuminating the figure that had fallen asleep on the couch along the wall opposite of the bed. It took much effort for the male to sit up, his trembling arms originally refusing to hold him up as he tried to figure out where exactly he and his brother were.

A shiver ran down his spine as the cold air caressed his fevered, sweat covered skin as his groggy mind finally processed where he was laying – after all it had seemed extremely familiar to him. This place…this room.  It was the place he and his brother had aided his mortal eomma and abeoji build – when the two were their parents instead of the goddess, Mira.

With a deep breath, Sungyeol attempted to shove the blankets off his long legs, only to gasp a bit as he struggled to do so, somehow managing to get himself farther tangled within the said cloth. A slight frown appeared on his face, but soon faded as he successfully got his weak legs out of the bundle, with another deep breath he managed to push himself off the bed and onto the floor, managing to catch himself on weak, quivering legs.

Using the wall as a means of balance, he moved closer to the warmth given off by the fire before finally situating himself on the hard wood floors before the dancing flames, as  he peered at the red, oranges, and yellows dancing across the wooden logs that had recently been stuck into the fire he hesitantly whispered, “Sungjong.”

Apparently his voice was nowhere near loud enough for the younger to hear and his voice was far too hoarse from slumber and illness.

“Sungjong!” repeated Sungyeol, his voice sturdier and louder, but it back fired as he winced in pain, he turned his gaze to the still slumbering form on the couch. Sungyeol pouted as his younger brother still refused to move, refused to awake. The ill male glanced around, searching for anything he could throw at the younger without hurting him.

Sungyeol smirked as he grabbed ahold of book that was on the ground for some reason; he picked it up and apologized to the inanimate object before chucking it towards his younger brother, who was still sleeping tight on the couch.

“What?” groaned Sungjong, “I’m trying to sleep!?”

Sungyeol blinked at his cranky brother, not really wanting to attempt screaming again after the pain that had coursed through his throat before.

“Sorry, I just wanted my brother to wake up,” muttered Sungyeol, sensing a dark presence heading their way, “because I sense a dark presence moving this way.”

Sungjong shot up from where he was sleeping, peering at Sungyeol with wide eyes, “Do you think it’s…”

“It is him,” confirmed Sungyeol, “I have no doubt in my mind.”

“We need to get moving then,” muttered Sungjong, throwing a cloak to his ill brother, who put it on without much of a fuss as Sungjong slipped his rucksack on his back, filled with both food, bottles of water, and bandages.

“Aye,” responded Sungyeol, standing up with the aid of his brother who happily lent Sungyeol his shoulder, helping the older male move forward – towards the exit of the hotel, towards the gate leading out of the capitol and to the stables where Sungjong had already rented a horse for them to ride, knowing that it would be too dangerous if they walked with how slow Sungyeol was capable of moving at this point in time.

~ 55 Hours Remaining~

Sunggyu sat on the fence of the pasture, his gaze locked onto the always visible moon – staring at the blue chains that appeared to be wrapped around it in wonder. As he sat there, under the sun’s shimmering rays, he flushed – thinking of the dreams he had, had the previous night. He thought of the mysterious man in all the dreams, of the fire that danced around him – the flame that danced in his eyes as he stared straight back at Sunggyu.

“Who was that…” whispered Sunggyu, peering up at the sky dreamily, “Why do I feel as though I had seen him before? How do I know him?”

Sunggyu frowned, his eyes wondering off the moon and towards the barely visible clock tower in the capitol – he felt something pulling him that way, pulling him towards the city and at the same time, he felt an ominous presence heading his way. As his thoughts focused on why he was feeling such a pull to the clock tower, a strict pain suddenly appeared in his head, causing him to wince and close his eyes tightly as he tried to think of something besides the serious pain he was in.

“Wake up my child,” whispered a gentle voice, with the words came a burning pain that spread through his veins that had him crying out, “Honey, it’s time to wake up…I know it hurts, but you need to wake up.”

Sunggyu felt himself lose balance; he felt his aching body collapsing to the ground as he fell from the fence. He cried out in pain as yet another wave of burning pain pulsated through his veins, spreading everywhere within him – fanning out in every direction, making everything within Sunggyu hurt as he felt himself slowly losing consciousness.

“Honey, you need to wake up…the world needs you to wake up. Please, Sunggyu, don’t reject your memories, don’t reject your past self – do not reject your past mistakes, take them head on – admit to that you committed them and see to it that they aren’t repeated this time around.”

~

Woohyun sat in the window seal, enjoying the bright sunlight that was kissing his skin, warming him up immensely as he peered at the moon – which was a lot closer than it usually was, he felt as though he had seen the moon like this before, however, he could not recall if he actually had or if it was a dream. His eyes followed the bright blue chains that blinded in with the clear sky at some parts of their stretch to either the Moon Stone Tower in the desert and the others straight down to the clock tower in the capitol.

Speaking of the capitol, the young male felt as though something was beckoning him towards the city, as though something was calling him from within the walls of the tower. The pull suddenly changed, rather than the capitol city calling for him to visit, it was the small ranch just beyond that – on the opposite side of the capitol. He felt longing bubble up in his chest, farther confusing him – what in the world was he longing? On top of the sudden sense of longing, a sudden tingle shot up his spine – causing him to shiver at the sudden sensation.

“What was that…?”

~

Sunggyu groaned, pushing himself up onto his feet – shakily standing up. His head felt groggy and his arms and legs felt weighed down, they really prevented him from moving.

“Sunggyu-ah,” whispered an all too familiar voice, filling the male with a sudden but gently warmth – one you would usually feel when hugging your mother.

“Eomma?” whispered Sunggyu, confusion marring his features as he looked around the white abyss he stood in, “Where are you?”

“Sunggyu-ah,” whispered the woman, “It’s time for you to wake up, your baby brothers need you.”

“But eomma…”

“Sunggyu, Sungyeol will forgive you…Woohyun will forgive you,” whispered the woman’s voice gentle, as if coaxing a crying child, “Neither of them can hold a grudge, especially when it is you…you should already know that.”

 “Eomma…”

“Sunggyu, they need your help,” whispered the woman’s voice, “You need to wake up now. Sunggyu, daughter of the goddess Mira and the sage of water, your brothers need you….the world needs you, so you need to get up now.”

Sunggyu froze, feeling something shatter within him – he trembled as memories of past lives flooded into his mind, causing him to relive so many of them at once. He was over whelmed by all that had come into his mind and it exhausted him, but the haziness and confusion from minutes before was gone. Everything clicked in his mind, well, not exactly everything…there was just one face he could not remember out of the six other sages – the other five were all there but that one, the one from the previous night’s dream…he just couldn’t remember it. 

 

Long time no read? write?

Ah, I know, I'm lame (well, change the m to an n and you've got my nickname)...

Well, this is awkward, ain't it...?

Uh, yeah, so...it's been a year...and nearly seven months since I last updated. 

Hehehe, Sorry? Ah, who am I kidding, sorry doesn't cut it when you have been away as long as I have.

Anyway, if you've read your story feed thingy - I didn't lie! I'm back!!! (and this time I WILL finish this story) My return just wasn't January 9 like originally planned...or February 25. However, none of that matters now, does it? I'm back! ^^