The Planted Seed

I've Fallen For You But I'm Dead...

Recap

His last words felt like blades slicing through me. “What do you mean?”

“You’re helping her aren’t you? What if you succeed in allowing her to see her brother? That’s something that would be out of our control. We’re Keepers, we only protect spirits; we don’t have the power to stop humans. So basically, I’m here to stop you from what you’re doing but-,” he leaned in closer and whispered.

“I’ve found a way to help her without breaking that wish,”

~~~

Kikwang’s POV

Joon looked confused, “But didn’t you just say it was your job to prevent her from seeing her brother? Why are you helping her?”

I shrugged, “I dunno, you can call it personal reasons if you want.” Honestly, I have a strange attraction to her… but I’m not going to tell him that.

He seemed unconvinced, “Aren’t you scared about getting caught?”

A menacing smile formed across my perfect face, “I believe I didn’t mention this earlier but I’m the Head Keeper Kikwang, second in command from the Commander. I have my ways of hiding my tracks.”

I then gave another swipe of my hands Hyosung was unfrozen from time.

Hyosung’s POV

“What happened?” I asked myself and saw a man dressed in all black standing next to Joon.

“Hey what did you do to him?” I came up and grabbed his shoulders so that I could turn him around to face me.

His eyes were sharp and it felt as if they looked straight through me. He gave me a smile and reached out his hand to cup my face.

“W-what are you doing?” I stuttered.

He immediately flinched back his hand and cleared his throat as Joon came to peek at what we were doing. “So what’s the plan?” Joon asked.

“This,” he said and picked up a brown bag from thin air.

I looked at Joon for some kind of explanation, “What…plan?”

He smiled nervously and placed a hand on the man’s shoulder. The man rudely shrugged it off and directed his words to me.

“You’re looking for your brother, right?”

I nodded.

“Well then let me help you. Although you can’t see him right now, you’re brother is actually standing right here,” he said and pointed to an empty space, “So Joon wasn’t lying or playing with you. All I need to do now and sprinkle the dust in this bag all over you.” He then turned towards Joon.

“This dust will help eliminate her trace for five minutes and the deal she made temporarily becomes invalid.”

I was confused. Why are they eliminating my trace?

“There is a price to use this dust though,” He said.

“What is it?” Joon asked.

“It needs human strength. So basically, in order for the dust to erase Hyosung’s trace, a human trace needs to cover it up.”

Joon narrowed his eyebrows, “So say if I was that human? What would I have to do?”

The man’s lips curled into a smile, “It’s not a big deal really, when she’s been sprinkled with the dust you just pass over your trace with a simple kiss.”

“A kiss?” I said totally shocked. “From him!?”

Joon suddenly felt offended, “Why? What’s wrong with it from me?”

“I didn’t mean it like that…” I said being careful with my tone of voice, “It’s just that no one’s ever kissed me before,” I said shyly.

The man in black scoffed, “Wow… it must to die young,” he muttered to himself and wasn’t aware that I had heard it.

I glared at him.

He cleared his throat and continued explaining the procedure, “Joon, I do warn you though, passing your trace over may shorten your life span and by how many years, I’m still not sure.”

Joon gave a laugh, “That’s ok, when I was little my Mum took me to this fortune telling guy and he said that I’d live a very, very long life.” Joon replied with a bright smile.

How could he be smiling like this? This is his life! I suddenly felt extremely honoured to have met him, I know a lot of people who would back out right about now in helping me if they knew it would shorten their life span.

“Well ok then, after the kiss, you would basically be unconscious until Hyosung kisses you back and returns your trace.” The man in black continued.

“So you are positive that I’ll be able to see me brother after this?” I asked.

“Yes,” he replied.

“Wait, would this affect Dongho at all?” Joon queried.

“Like I said earlier the deal will be invalid so no, but after the dust has worn off, Dongho will forget what happened but Hyosung will still remember it.”

“Ok, are you ready for this Hyosung?” Joon asked and looked deep into my eyes.

I gulped, “Are you sure you want to do this? And even kiss a ghost?”

“Look, I promised to help you and I’m the only human here, well that’s not frozen in time.” He replied and I felt a rush of warmth flow to my cheeks.

I bit my bottom lip, “Ok I’m ready.” I squeezed my eyes shut and prepared for the first kiss in my entire life, and death.

Joon’s POV

This would probably be the first time I had initiated a kiss. The other times were when the girl made the first move.

This was kind of awkward as I had no idea how I should kiss her. I bent down slowly and adjusted my head. I saw she had her eyes squeezed shut and thought it was a little cute.

“Just telling you, this doesn’t mean anything ok?” I whispered, “Relax, it’s to help you see your brother,”

When I finished talking I leaned in and closed the gap between us. I closed my eyes and gently brushed my lips over hers, surprisingly it was soft and felt like… marshmallows!?

My eyes shot open when the scent of candy rushed to my nose. Kikwang had placed a marshmallow between us and basically shoved it in my mouth.

“Sorry,” He said and poked his tongue out. “I haven’t put the dust on yet,”

Mood killer, I thought to myself as I swallowed the sweet treat. He began taking the dust out and sprinkling it all over Hyosung. It looked like sparkling gems were surrounding her. Every speck of dust glowed and reflected light so bright that it became hard to look at Hyosung without shading my eyes. She was glowing and looked like someone who just descended from heaven.

“Ok done,” Kikwang said, “You may now kiss the bride,” he joked and I ignored his comment.

The light made it hard for me to see anything at all. I gently grabbed Hyosung’s shoulders and closed my eyes. This time there was no obstacle between us as I placed my lips over hers.

Kikwang’s POV

I watched as the light engulfed both of them. Sparks began to fly and a light shade of pink light was reflected from Hyosung. What she didn’t know was that this dust also showed your emotions through the colour of light you’re reflecting. Pink coloured light generally meant that she was either enjoying it or a sign that someone, a.k.a Joon, has triggered something in her heart. I laughed.

“So she likes this kind of stuff huh?”

Hyosung’s POV

I felt a flow of energy pulse through me and heat rushed through my whole body. The kiss felt nice, it was gentle and his lips were soft. Suddenly he lips parted from mine, when I opened my eyes he had already collapsed to the floor.

Then I saw him. Standing still, he was here! The man in black gave me a smile and then swiped his hands. Everything began to move again.

I couldn’t talk, was that really him? When he saw me, he also looked as if he couldn’t believe it.

“H-hyosung is that you?” he stuttered.

Tears began to form and roll down my cheeks as I rushed over to hug him. I was so happy to see him that I literally jumped on him.

“Dongho! Yes, it’s me Hyosung!”

I wish time could stop right now. He tightly hugged me back and the both of us stayed there embracing each other. We finally broke apart and I cupped his face with my hands, tears of joy still running down my face.

“Don’t cry,” He said as he too, was about to burst into tears.

We went into another tight hug before a hand yanked the both of us apart.

“Look, the dust has a time limit. If you have anything to say, say it to each other now,” the scary man said.

Dongho was dazed, there was just so much we wanted to say to each other. How were we going to say everything in the next minute?

“I’ve missed you.” Dongho said and I could feel the sincerity of it.

“Me too,” I replied. “Have you been taking care of yourself properly?”

He nodded and wiped away tears that had started to form.

We both stood there in silence. Just being able to see each other was enough. “Dongho, you shouldn’t feel guilty about that accident, if we could go back in time and replay it, I’ll still save you again and again and again. I’m fine with the way things turned out and you should be too. Although we’re not blood related, I’ve always thought of you as my own brother... my cute little brother.” I said and ruffled his hair. “So stop crying,” I continued and tried to hold back my own tears.

“Ok, times up. Now hurry and kiss Joon before the dust wears out,” the man said again.

I gave Dongho one last hug and a kiss on the cheek. “Take care,”

As I finished I bent down over to Joon who was lying flat on the floor and lifted his head onto my lap. “Thank you for everything Joon.”

Our lips locked and I could feel all the energy I received earlier drain back to Joon’s body. The dust on me turned into a bright light and disappeared before my very eyes.

“Thank you.” I whispered again not knowing that from that point onwards I had started to develop strong feelings for the human who helped me. I just didn’t know when the seed he had unwarily planted was going to bloom.

*************************

Yay!! Updated! Hyosung got to see her brother!! Celebrate~! Hehe sorry.

Thank you for reading and thank you for those who recently subscribed <3 Please feel free to leave some lovely comments below. I’m sorry for taking a thousand years to update.

xxx