Angel...?

I've Fallen For You But I'm Dead...

Joon’s POV

If there ever was a time I wished that I had paid attention to horror movies, it was now. How exactly am I supposed to deal with… with a ghost! I breathed in deeply and tried to calm my fast beating heart.

“Are you ok?” the ghost or Hyosung or whatever she was asked.

I didn’t answer. Well it was more like I was too shocked that words just couldn’t find its way out of my mouth. I grabbed onto the corner of a chair to support my legs from collapsing. I couldn’t describe what I was feeling. It was a mixture of fear, curiosity, and surprise all scrunched up and twisted into a ball of emotions.

“How...?” I managed to ask, not sure if it was a question directed to her or for myself.

Hyosung tilted her head, “How… what?”

“How is this possible? How am I able to see you? Hear you? Touch you? How is it that you are even here?” I said in a rush that I don’t even remember what I asked.

Hyosung blinked several times and had a blank look on her face.

“I don’t know. How is it that you are the only human I’ve encountered that can see and hear me?”

Suddenly her expression showed pain and she clutched her hands tightly in front of her chest. As scared as I was, I was also curious about this new world I was able to see. She looked as if she was about to burst out crying any second. Forgetting the fact that she was a ghost, I slowly approached her.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked.

She looked up and bit her bottom lip.

“I’m sorry if I’m scaring you… it’s’ just that I was really happy that after so long, I finally found someone who could see me, hear me. But I understand that this might be a little too much to handle,”

She then turned around and started to walk away. I felt so guilty then. It wasn’t like she was causing any harm or anything; she just wanted someone to help her find her brother.

“Wait,” I called out to her.

She turned around and I saw that there were tear stains on her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away.

“Yeah?”

I couldn’t believe I was going to do this. “Look, I’ll help you find your brother,”

Her eyes widen and a wide smile formed across her face.

“Really?” She asked unbelievingly.

“Yeah, I promise,”

“Oh my god, Thank you so much!” She exclaimed.

Suddenly, a figure lurked behind her and I immediately recognised who it was. The lifeless expression, the water that dripped from the tips of her hair and clothes, it was that lady from last night!

“B-behind you,” I stuttered as my shaking finger pointed towards the lifeless figure.

Hyosung furrowed her eyebrows and turned her head to see what I was talking about. She jumped back as she saw the lady.

“Angel?  You scared me!” she cried and then walked up to her.

Angel? What kind of angel looks like this!?

Hyosung then gave her a hug and turned around to explain the situation.

“Sorry if she scared you. This is Angel. Although she looks very intimidating she is actually very nice and won’t harm you,”

This was getting too weird for me. I mean, this creepy looking lady who is dripping wet with water is actually not going to cause me any harm… well I guess looks can be deceiving.

I gave a nervous laugh and waved my hand up to greet… Angel.

“So why were you at my house last night?” I asked. It was the first thing that came into my mind and I braced myself for her answer.

She bent down to Hyosung and whispered something in her ear. I stared at the two and Hyosung just nodded as Angel continued to explain.

“Oh, ok. She said that she came because she smelt pasta and it reminded her of her family,” Hyosung translated.

I cocked up an eyebrow and slowly nodded. Angel then whispered something to Hyosung and disappeared which startled me a little. 

“Anyway,” I said and cleared my throat. “About your brother, is he still, you know, living?”

Hyosung seemed shocked by the question. “Of course he is! If he wasn’t I would’ve found him already,”

“Oh,” I said in realisation. 

Suddenly I heard the bathroom door open. Crap, Thunder was about to come out. What am I going to do?

“Hyosung, quick hide!” I said and frantically helped her search for a location.

“Joon, I’m fin…ished,” I heard Thunder announce, “What are you doing?”

“Um, nothing,” I replied and stood in front of Hyosung awkwardly.

"Ok..." he said slowly. He continued to dry his hair and walked back into his room. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

“That was close,”

I turned around and saw Hyosung covering trying to prevent herself from laughing.

“Hey, that wasn’t funny. Who knows what would’ve happened if he just saw a girl standing in our house?”

Hyosung removed her hands from and had a huge grin on her face.

“I’m a ghost, do you think he would’ve been able to see me?” She asked and started laughing.

My mouth gaped open. I couldn’t believe how stupid I was. I mentally face palmed and was too embarrassed to say anything.

Hyosung then came up and patted my shoulder. “Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get use to it eventually,”

“Right,” I said uncertainly.

“Well then, we’ll continue as plan and I’ll meet you at the park tomorrow,” Hyosung stated and just like that, she disappeared.

Shocked by her sudden disappearance, my head automatically scanned the room to find her. She wasn't there. I sighed and decided that I really needed to calm myself with a nice hot shower. Just what exactly have I gotten myself into?

~~~

As usual, Thunder had prepared an awesome breakfast which consisted of an omelette and some homemade orange juice.

“Ok, I’m done,” I said as I gulped down the rest of my juice. I grabbed my work bag and started to head out the house. “Bye,”

“eye,” Thunder muffled with his mouth full of chunks of omelette.

Surprisingly, I arrived at work early for once. Usually, I’ve always just made it by a minute or so. I entered the reception and saw the secretary give me a warm smile.

“Joon, why aren’t you bright and early today,”

I chuckled. “I thought this would be better than arriving late,”

I heard the sound of the elevator and quickly rushed to it. I slide myself in swiftly and greeted the passengers inside. It was awfully full and everyone was literally standing shoulder to shoulder. I took a glance around and noticed one of my colleagues amongst the crowd.

“Hyomin!” I greeted.

She smiled back and moved herself so she was standing next to me.

“Hey, how are you? I heard about the accident,” she said.

I gave a small laugh, “Well, I’ve fully recovered,” I said and moved my hand downwards to suggest I was still in one piece.

She smiled and nodded. “That's good to hear. So… my friend invited me to a dinner party and she says I need to bring a partner to accompany me, would you lik-,”

The sound of the elevator arriving at the designated floor rang and interrupted Hyomin’s sentence. About half of the people got out which gave us a bit more space and I was glad it did, it was getting stuffy in here.

“Sorry? What were you saying?” I asked. To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to her earlier statement.

“Oh, it’s… nothing,” she said and gave a small sigh.

Suddenly I remembered Hyosung. Didn't I promised to meet her at the park or something. The more I thought about my situation, the more intrigued I was to explore further. Were there others like me who could see ghosts? And just how many ghosts have I encountered?

The sound of the elevator suddenly interrupted my thoughts. We had arrived at the 3rd floor and all the passengers including myself walked out in an orderly manner.

I stretched my back a little when we exited and a thought popped into my head, today was going to be one interesting day. 

*******

Thank you for reading, and please look forward to the next update =D

My readers… I LOVE YOU! <3