Fog

I've Fallen For You But I'm Dead...

Joon’s POV

When I entered the office, I was greeted with questions and comments concerning my health and well-being from my co-workers. Although I found it quite awkward when my female workmates started touching my arm but besides that their efforts were quite touching.

Work was tiring as usual, but I don’t regret being a real estate agent. Why? Firstly, the pay is good and it has more freedom than most other jobs. Secondly, you get to visit different places instead of sitting on your all day in an office. Lastly, I enjoy talking to people and using my awesome persuading skills to sell houses. Simple.

I glanced at the office clock and it was already 4.55pm. I stretched my arms out and packed up my desk when Hyomin came over with a file in her hands.

“The Boss, Mr. Kim wants you to take this house. He said that the owner specifically picked you when he saw all the agents’ profiles,”

I furrowed my eyebrows. No one has ever picked me from the agent’s profile before, this was… interesting.

“Good work today, everyone,” Mr. Kim announced and everyone slowly left the building.

I reached my hand for the file from Hyomin and stuffed it into my bag.

I left the company building and took a stroll to one of my favourite cafés.

“Just a cappuccino, thank you,” I ordered as I took a seat near a wide glass window.

I sat back and stretched as I waited for my beverage. A definite vibrate suddenly came from inside my pocket and I sluggishly pulled my phone out. There was an unknown number displayed on the screen.

“Hello, Joon speaking,”

No one answer.

“Hello?”

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I stared at my phone in amazement. Who on earth hangs up when you’ve clearly picked up the phone? My drink arrived and I carefully took a sip of the hot liquid. My phone rang again. The same number appeared on the screen and this time I didn’t speak.

shhh-,” a chilling voice erupted from the speaker.

“H-hello?” I said shakily.

I’m watching you, human.” the voice said again.

Cold sweat appeared on my forehead and I quickly hung up. People sure knew how to prank people these days. I brushed off the uneasy feeling and continued to drink my coffee. In the corner of my eye I saw the window fog up. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at it in fascination.

Suddenly, one by one tiny letters formed. I squinted to get a clearer reading. H-y-o-s-u-n-y? What? Hyosuny? Then my mind clicked. Hyosung! I jumped right out of my seat when I realised what the letters spelt. Oh right. I totally forgot all about the meeting. Scared that the ghastly fog was going to follow me around, I quickly paid for the coffee and raced towards the park.

Spirit’s POV

“Ok, he’s on his way,” I reported and breathed out a sigh. I honestly had no idea why the Commander sent me to watch over this-, this Hyosung.

I ruffled the back of my head.

“Why on earth is watching over this one spirit my responsibility? I mean, I’m Head Keeper. Shouldn’t I be doing something better than this?” I muttered to myself as I followed the human to the park.

Joon’s POV

I arrived at the spot where I promised to meet Hyosung but I couldn’t see her. A strong wind then sent my hair flying towards the left. I shook my head to adjust my hair back in place and saw a girl swinging her legs playfully waiting at a white bench. I walked closer and peered at the girl. She looked up and I immediately recognised the familiar face.

“Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for ages,” she said and tapped the empty space next to her as a hint for me to come over and sit down beside her.

“You have no idea what just happened to me,” I told her as I sat down.

She cocked her head which made her straight hair gently fall to one side. “What happened?”

“I think something scary is following me,” I whispered as I took a glance over to my shoulder to see if the fog was there.

“Something… scary?” She inquired and looked around. “I don’t see anything,”

I gave a nervous laugh, “I sure hope not.”

“So where do you want to start looking for you brother?” I questioned.

She pouted. “I don’t know. I’ve tried many places but he’s never there. Do you think they’ve moved houses?”

“I’m not sure…” I replied.

She sighed and then grabbed my hand, something that I didn’t know ghosts could do. I looked at her in confusion.

“I have to find my brother! I have to!” She exclaimed.

Curious by her determination, I had a question in mind, “I don’t want to sound rude or anything but why?”

Her hands left mine and looked down.

“I can’t seem to remember… ,” her head looked up, “All I know is that I have to find him. It’s just this feeling.”

I nodded slowly. “Well let’s get started then.”

I stood up and placed my hands in my pockets. “So where does your brother live? Let’s start there.”

Hysoung’s face lit up to a bright smile as she nodded.

Spirit’s POV

I saw her. It was my first time seeing this girl and yet she had me drawn to a mysterious yet sweet attraction. I stayed silent as I observed the human and the girl at the park. What could possibly be going on between these two creatures from two totally different worlds?

I continued to observe them and came across something that seemed a little strange.

“How is she able to touch him?” I quietly asked myself.

A tinge of curiosity swept over me and before I knew it, I didn’t mind Commander declaring this task for me. Both of them began to walk across the park and towards a new location. I quickly turned into a  transparent fog and carefully trailed behind them as I kept just enough distance between us for the girl not to sense my presence.

Joon’s POV

“It should be around here.” Hyosung said as we walked along a road unfamiliar to me.

After we passed several houses Hyosung jumped in excitement and pointed to an old brick house on the corner.

“It’s this one!” She said excitedly.

I looked up at the house and noticed that it was of good quality. Being a real estate agent such as myself, indentifying features of houses has always been my specialty.

“Hey, not bad, it’s solid-brick. A little old fashioned but still extremely valuable,” I commented as I gently knocked on a paved wall. I was about to ring the doorbell when I noticed that Hyosung was not by my side. I turned around and saw that she was struggling to pass through the gates. I let out a small laugh and walked towards her and opened the fence. I smoothly gestured for her to enter.

She nodded her head as a thank you and took a step forwards. My eyes then widened. It was as if there was a layer of glass in front of her. She had knocked her head on this invisible barrier and was sent tumbling backwards. I quickly rushed over to her aid.

“You ok?” I asked with concern.

She nodded as I helped her up. We tried one more time, this time I held onto her as I led her through the gates. I opened the gate and walked through with ease, as the last part of my body was completely entered I felt a shock coming from my finger tips. I turned around and again, Hyosung was sent flying backwards. I was more than shocked.

Was there an invisible barrier surrounding the house or something? Why couldn’t she enter?

She looked up full of disappointment. “Do you think this is a sign saying that I should give up?”

“What? No! Of course not! You should never give up.” I told her.

“Well how am I going to see my brother if I can’t even pass the gates?” She questioned and broke into tears.

I stared at her not sure what I should do and sighed, “You cry too easily. You know that?” I said and patted my shoulder.

She looked up confused.

I patted my shoulder again. “I’m offering you my shoulder to cry on.”

Without hesitation she stepped forward and burrowed her head on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry. We’ll come back  and try again tomorrow ok?” I suggested as she wiped her tears away. 

"We'll meet at the same place yeah?" She asked.

"Mmh," I replied and nodded. She gave a slight smile and then right before my eyes she vanished. 

~~~~~~

“Ok, I’m off,” I announced as I left the company to find the house Mr. Kim assigned me to. I took the company’s car and followed the directions given to me by the GPS. I arrived at an intersection and there was something oddly familiar about the street. I continued to drive on and as my destination became nearer, my memory became clearer. I parked the car in front of the house and stared at it in disbelief. I double checked the address and there was no doubt about it, this was the house.

“Oh dear,” I said as I exited the car, “This is Hyosung’s brother’s house.”

********************

Oh my god! Thank you for being patient with me! I’ve finally uploaded! I hope it wasn’t disappointing since it’s been so long since I last updated…

But a really big thank you for those who’ve commented and subscribed!! >.<

And thank YOU for reading! Please anticipate the next chapter ^^ Hopefully it won’t take this long to update =D

xxx