Accident

I've Fallen For You But I'm Dead...

Joon’s POV

I yawned and stretched my arms when my clock rang loudly. I got out of bed and reluctantly walked over to my closet.

A loud voice then shouted my name and made me jump on the spot. My brother’s silhouette appeared leaning against my door frame.

“Hey, Joon! Let’s go! We need to prepare ourselves for the wedding ceremony!” my brother yelled.

With a sleepy voice I answered with a mere “mmh” and my brother left.

I let out a sigh and got out the tux that I had so carefully chosen for this event. After getting dressed, I walked out of my room and into the kitchen where my brother began to cook breakfast.

“Where’s Lauren?” I asked.

“She left with Seungho this morning to help preparations,” my brother replied, “Joon have you gotten the gift yet?”

“Thunder, relax. It’s right here,” I replied and held up a nicely wrapped gift box and placed it onto the dining table.

After breakfast, Thunder got his car keys and drove us to the garden when the wedding was held. My phone vibrated and after several rings I picked it up.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Joon. When are you and Thunder going to get here?” Seungho’s voice asked.

“We’re on our way. We’ll be there in ten,” I answered.

“Don’t forget the gift,” Seungho said and hung up.

“Who was it?” Thunder asked.

“It was Seungho, he told us to hurry up,” I replied and searched my pocket for the gift box. I felt a cold shiver run up my spine when the pocket was empty. I panicked.

“Where is it?” I mumbled to myself and searched every pocket possible.

“What’s wrong?” Thunder asked as he turned his head to face me and back on the road.

I gave an apologetic look, “I left the gift on the dining table,” I replied and hoped Thunder wouldn’t break the wheel off and smash it against my face.

“You what?” Thunder asked as we stopped at a pair of traffic lights.

“Look, we still have time. Um, drop me off here. I’ll race home to get it and meet you there,” I replied and got out the car.

“W-wait,” Thunder said but before he could stop me I was already running back home.

I sprinted across the city streets and reached the front door of our house. I raced inside and gave a sigh of relief when I saw the gift box lying peacefully at the dining table. Without hesitation, I grabbed it and raced out the house again. I checked the time.

“Oh no, it’s going to start in like five minutes!” I said as I ran.

The wind blew against my face as I ran and probably messed up my hair. My stamina was starting to weaken and I found myself slowing down.

I breathed heavily and realised I was going in the opposite direction. I placed a hand on top of my forehead and began to run the other way.

I checked the time again and knew that they’re about to start. I clutched the gift in my hands and on impulse ran across the road where no cars seemed to be driving past. I know that what I did wasn’t the smartest idea but I had to get there. Fast.

It was about a couple of more metres until I reached the other side when the box had slipped out of my hands and dropped onto the floor. I stopped and raced back to retrieve it. While I was picking it up I heard the sound of a desperate car horn coming towards me. I straightened my back from my bent position and saw a red sports car charging straight towards my way.

I don’t know what happened but my body didn’t want to listen to me. I was hypnotised by the braking car and before I knew it, I felt a tonne of weight pushing and crushing against my body…

Pain shot through all my muscle and limbs. The last thing I heard was the sound of an ambulance and the whispers of everyone around me. Darkness then engulfed my mind.

Thunder’s POV

 Where was he? The ceremony started minutes ago and he still hasn’t arrived.

“Are you sure he knows the location?” Seungho asked.

“I’m positive,” I replied.

We waited nervously in the waiting room with the groom and Seungho started to pace back and forth in frustration.

“We’re so sorry,” I apologised.

“Nah. It’s ok. I’m sure he’ll get here soon,” the groom replied.

5 miuntes, 10 minutes, half an hour past and still there was no sign of Joon.

“I think we’ll have to start without him,” Seungho said and walked outside to inform the others.

I gave out a sigh and turned the TV on to lighten the mood. It flicked on to an unfamiliar channel and the news was being broadcasted.

… A fatal car accident has occurred on the intersection of Paradise Road. The young man, who looks to be in his early twenties is left unconscious after being hit by a red sports car…” the reporter announced.

“Poor guy,” I said. The camera then zoomed in on the body of the young man I let out a gasp of horror.

“… he was clutching tightly onto what seemed to be a gift and dressed formally, maybe it was a proposal…” the reporter continued.

My mouth hung open and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The body that was lying in the pool of blood was undoubtedly Joon. I sprinted out the waiting room and went to look for Seungho. I scanned the garden and noticed that everyone was getting into position and ready to begin. I finally spotted Seungho with Lauren and hurried across the garden towards him.

“Seungho! You wouldn’t believe it, I just saw Joon on the news,” I said in between breaths.

“Really? Why was he on the news?” Seungho questioned.

“He’s been in a car accident!” I blurted and Seungho had dropped his champagne glass and it crashed onto the floor.

“Oh my god!” He cried and pinched his forehead, “Lauren, you wait over there with Uncle Mir while Uncle Thunder and I go somewhere ok?” He persuaded Lauren.

She nodded and the both of us raced to my car.

~~~

We reached the accident scene and saw a body being wheeled into the ambulance van. I followed it and we arrived at the hospital. After parking the car, Seungho and I ran to the paramedics and said that we were relatives of Joon.

We followed them. I clutched Joon’s hand as he was wheeled towards the operation room. Tears started to form and roll down my eyes when I saw his condition. There was blood everywhere.

“Come on Joon. Don’t go to sleep, don’t sleep!” I cried, “Although I’m younger, it always seems like I’m the older one. Where’s your responsibility as an older brother? Come on Joon. Wake up!”

My wailing was starting to attract stares from the hospital patients but I didn’t care. This was my brother we’re talking about. I won’t let him die, at least not like this.

We arrived at the operation room and it was time for Seungho and I to wait outside.

I banged my fists on the wall. “If only I stopped him when he got out of the car,” I said.

Seungho patted my back. “It’s not your fault. Accidents like these are unpredictable,”

Seungho persisted on saying comforting words but they were no use. It was my fault that Joon got into this accident. I was just absolutely furious at myself. If my brother didn’t gain consciousness I would feel guilty for the rest of my life.

~~~

Several hours past and the operation room light still remained on. I was starting to get even more worried by the second.

The light suddenly stopped glowing and both Seungho and I stood up immediately. A doctor came out of the room and I rushed towards him questioning my brother’s condition.

The doctor shook his head.

“I don’t know what happened but your brother…”

********

Chapter one is done! ^^ Thank you for reading <3

What did you think of it? Please subscribe and comment. =D