At the company...

With Great Genes Comes Popularity...

Okay, to avoid confusion, I will provide info regarding the characters that will show up on every chapter....

Nayoung: Leeteuk's wife; dancer/choreographer

Inyoung: Hannah and Leeteuk's older sister; actress

Jaehyun: Inyoung's son; 21 y/o (appeared on That Thin line)

Jieun: Inyoung's daughter; 19 y/o (appeared on That Thin Line)

Aiko: Changmin's wife; used to model for KEISH, Japan's top runway model before she married Changmin.

Yuki: Changmin and Aiko's daughter; 17 y/o

And yeah, just a correction, It's Seyoon not Suyeon, Heechul's wife XD

===============================================================================================================

 

Gracefully moving her fingers on the piano keys, Jaena ended the piece with a smile on her face. The song is one of her mother's favorite songs and even if the song is too old for her, she can't help but admire the song as well. It took her a few days but she finally perfected playing the piece, and as if giving her the assurance that she indeed performed well, her Uncle Jaejoong, who is her piano instructor for the day stood up from his seat and clapped his hands with so much enthusiasm.

 

"That's really great sweetie! Wait until your eomma and appa hears this." Jaejoong tapped his niece's head affectionately.

 

"I am actually planning to play this on their anniversary." Jaena informed him excitedly. She knows the story behind the song. It was the song that her father sang when he proposed to her mother in front of ELF.

 

"I'll tweak it a little for you." Jaejoong winked at her.

 

"Really uncle?! Thank you!" Jaena hugged her favorite uncle. Yes, Kim Jaejoong is indeed her favorite uncle. She loves all of them it is just that she grew up seeing Jaejoong every day and as she grows up she shared most of his interest. Her mom actually admitted that during her pregnancy, she asked for Jaejoong a lot.

 

"But that means I have to study the new arrangement again?" She pouted remembering how difficult it is to memorize all of the notes.

 

"It goes with a lot of practice sweetie. And besides I have a strong feeling that your parents will love it!" Jaejoong encouraged her.

 

"Fine. But let's keep it a secret Uncle Jae, okay. I want to surprise them." She said. She is sure her parents will be happy.

 

"Arasseo, pinky promise?" Jaejoong extended his pinky to Jaena.

 

"Promise!" Jaena giggled doing the same.

 

"Great!" Jaejoong grinned at glanced at his watch. "Oops, we extended for 15 minutes. Now off you go to your dance lessons, your auntie Nayoung might be waiting for you with the rest of the gang."

 

"Okay! Thanks Uncle!" Jaena said as she ran to the other end of the hallway. She is currently on their family's (extended family) entertainment company. And no, she is not under training to be a kpop idol/singer. They just have this weekly training with the rest of the 'gang', which means all the kids in the family, not really training but more of lessons. They are sons and daughters of famous idols of their generation so it is definitely expected of them to have this talent in singing and dancing at least. They were not forced by their parents into it, it was merely a suggestion on their part but guess what, the performer in them agreed in an instant. For them, having lessons every weekend is like having a bonding time in the park with the family but definitely more productive. Each of them has their own schedule for today, the kids 8 years and below is with her Uncle wookie, auntie Luna and auntie Seohyun for their singing time, not really lessons. The rest of the girls, including her best friend Nikka, are with her auntie Taeyeon and auntie Ailee for the real vocal lessons. All of the aunties that she mentioned are not working for the company, they are just their 'special mentors' as her father said. She has her own piano lessons with her uncle Jaejoong because she personally asked for it, she wants to take it seriously. Not that she is the only one who knows how to play it, a lot of them knows how to, heck, even her 4 year old brother Hyunjae knows how to play simple songs (like the DoReMi song XD) at his age, it is just that she has this passion in playing the piano, not just a mere hobby.

 

"Hey Jaena!"

 

She looked up and saw her first cousin, Jaehyun jogging towards her direction, sporting his model like body screaming with the word FASHION on it. Oh well, he needs it anyway. Among all of them, this particular cousin of hers decided to take it on the limelight, he debuted as an actor two years ago and is doing pretty well, scratch that, he is taking over the drama industry by storm. He is like the present Lee Minho although he prefers to be like their uncle Park Yoochun.

 

"What's up pretty boy?" Jaena asked when he reached her side.

 

"I'm 7 years older than you young lady." Jaehyun reminded her while catching his breath. "Anyway, Auntie Hannah is searching for you, she's at the press conference room with Auntie Keiko, Auntie  Aiko, Yuki and Jieun."

 

"But I have my dance lessons with Auntie Nayoung now." She said.

 

"Nah ah ah. Eommy knows best, remember. Besides dance lessons are moved at 3pm today. Uncle Hyuk said it will be changed to a dance practice for the special stage on your school's opening ceremony." He informed her while glancing at his watch.

 

"But that's like two weeks from now!" Jaena whined thinking of how can the younger ones catch up with the choreography.

 

"No worries. Only the teens will be performing. You, Nikka, the twins, Seunghyun, Yuki... Err, can't remember. Too many. You'll know the details later anyway. Got to go now, I still need to film an MV for a new group. Bye!" And with that, he dashed out of the hallway to the exit.

 

"Nikka!" Jaena waved at her friend who is about to enter the lounging room with a plate of fries, pizza and muffins plus a bottle of coke. "Did you starve yourself for days?" She joked.

 

"I heard we will perform on the opening ceremony again. That means intensive practice with the choreography monsters! I need energy for later! Gosh!" Nikka complained as she munchs on a piece of fries.

 

"I am planning to ask eomma and auntie Keiko to supervise." Jaena winked at her friend as she pressed on the elevator button.

 

"Well that will help us with uncle Hyukkie and Uncle Yunho. But I doubt papa and uncle Teukkie can help us with mama and Auntie Nayoung." Nikka complained enumerating the so-called choreography monsters.

 

"They should have let uncle Taemin and uncle Kai teach us." Jaena said, taking a piece of pizza from Nikka's plate as they went outside the elevator to the conference room.

 

"Chin up Yuki, don't be too stiff. Yes that's right!" The two girls heard their auntie Aiko's voice from inside the room.

 

"Mommy! These heels are killing me!" Yuki whined as she sat on the platform after gracing the runway for the rehearsals for Keish's summer/fall collection.

 

"It is just on the first try honey, we need to prepare you for the big night. It will be your first model stint." Aiko explained.

 

"But mommy, I've been modeling since I was 5!" Yuki pointed out.

 

"That's photo shoot honey, this time, you'll be taking over the runway. Ohmygod! You're all grown up now!" Aiko said excitedly not making a big deal of her daughter's complains. Hannah and Keiko just shook their heads watching the two.

 

"Yuki will be the first model who loathes high heeled shoes." Hannah commented with a laugh.

 

"Not at all, that woman is the first." Keiko replied pointing at Aiko.

 

"I can imagine Yuki complaining to Changmin nonstop later." Aiko said to the four girls who are watching the rehearsals.

 

"It is just like watching you all over again." Keiko rolled her eyes.

 

"I am not that whiny when I started!" Aiko defended.

 

"Ooh yes you are!" Keiko pointed out.

 

"Min spoiled her a lot." Aiko mumbled.

 

"I understand how you feel." Hannah nodded thinking of how Hyukjae is spoiling Jaena.

 

"Eomma, I'm not spoiled!" Jaena pouted.

 

"Oh princess, what took you so long?" Hannah hugged her daughter.

 

"Yes you are." Nikka mumbled earning a glare from her best friend.

 

"Aigoo, little princess is upset." Inyoung pinched her neice's cheeks.

 

"Nikka! Take that food away from this room!" Jieun complained, standing at the center of the runway.

 

"Why? I'm hungry?" Nikka asked as she took a bite on the pizza much to the frustration of Yuki and Jieun. They can't eat that much today because they are on a diet. Models.

 

"Mind over matter. Mind over matter. Mind over matter." Yuki and Jieun chanted eyes closed while holding each other's hands.

 

Jaena almost burst out laughing at the sight of her cousins. They sure have the body to die for, too bad they need a lot of effort to maintain it.

 

"Mind over matter. Mind over butter. Mind...what?!" The two girls stared at each other with wide eyes and that is the last string as Jaena and Nikka ended up laughing their asses off.

 

"Arrasseo. Break time for you girls. You can go down and grab a pizza." Aiko rolled her eyes.

 

"Seriously mommy?!" Yuki asked excitedly.

 

"Yes, now go before I change my mind!" Aiko told them and the girls dashed out of the room in an instant.

 

"And that will be an additional 30 minutes of cardio, I bet." Hannah commented.

 

"You bet." Aiko grinned and faced the younger ones. "Young ladies, do you want to be part of the Keish family for the next collection?"

 

"Hell No!" Nikka and Jaena exclaimed and stuff their mouths with fries again.

 

"Figures." Inyoung laughed.

 

"But you two will still be a part of the magazine photo shoot for Keish." Keiko informed them.

 

"As long as there is no diet, we're good." Nikka nodded with a grin.

 

"Before I forgot, Jaena sweetie, can you please fetch your brothers at school?" Hannah asked her daughter sweetly. Jihoon and Jihoon are still at school for their soccer training even during vacation.

 

"Why me? Can't you just call them eomma? They are old enough to come here." Jaena pouted. Hannah started thinking if she got that from her or from Hyukjae.

 

"I tried calling them but they are not answering. As much as I want to go there personally I can't, we need to settle things for the auditions tomorrow and your appa is with uncle Yunho preparing for the dance practice later." Hannah explained. "I owe you one whole day of girl bonding." Hannah added when she felt Jaena will say no. She knows how much Jaena hated going to her brothers' soccer training because of all the girls following her brothers around.

 

"That and one pint of strawberry ice cream." Jaena bargained.

 

"Deal." Hannah grinned. She is actually looking forward to their girl bonding. "Ask Mr. Kang to drive for you." Hannah added when Jaena stood up and dragged Nikka out with her. Jaena faced her mother again with a grin

 

"Should I drag them here if they refuse?" Jaena asked.

 

"Yup. By the ears." Hannah said with a thumbs up.

 

"Copy that." Jaena gave her a salute before going out with Nikka.

 

"I never doubted Jaena's control over her brothers." Keiko commented.

 

"She got that from me." Hannah proudly said.

 

"No questions asked." Inyoung and Aiko commented while rolling their eyes.