Aces

With Great Genes Comes Popularity...

Screams filled the crowd as soon as the ball reached the goal on the last two seconds of the game. Concluding the championship match of the soccer game of this year’s school sports festival, from a tie score of 2-2, the game ended to 2-3 in favor of the Second year section A high school students.

While the boys are cheering loudly and the girls are busy screaming their idol’s name, a girl standing near the soccer field just shrugged her shoulders but a confident and proud smile can be seen in her face. Even before the game started, she already knew who will win. Even though the opponent is the senior section, the winning team has the most skillful players and they already have the love of the crowd. Just a smile from the ace players, all girls went crazy and started switching to their team. Well no one can really blame them. Lee Jihoon and Lee Jiyoon are the epitome of irresistible charms and hotness at the young age of seventeen.  

“The result doesn’t surprise me at all.” Someone spoke beside her. The girl glanced at her side and saw her classmate and best friend, Nikka Horvejkul still on her sportswear, holding a badminton racket on her right hand.

“Same here.” She chuckled. “How was your game?”

“Good thing you didn’t finish it, you will surely get bored. Not even challenging.” The other girl replied with so much confidence.

“I knew for a fact that you will win, sorry for sneaking out.” She grinned at her friend.

“No worries, I perfectly understand. No one can resist those boys.” Nikka pointed at the two boys who are busy running around and waving to the crowd.

“I can.” She replied with a scoff.

“So that is why you left me suffering alone during that boring game? Come on Jaena, admit it. You love those boys just like how their fan girls love them. I wonder why aren’t you screaming right now.” Nikka friend.

“Whatever.” Jaena rolled her eyes. Nikka chuckled at her friend’s attempt of denial.

“Hey, mom texted me, they are waiting for me outside. We need to prepare for tonight’s party. You are coming, right?” Nikka informed her after a few minutes.

“Of course, I will. I can’t miss it for the world. I think everyone is coming too.”

“Will you be fine if I leave you here alone?”

“Yup, I’ll just wait for those ace players. I might be lucky enough to ask for an autograph.” Jaena replied sarcastically.

“I am sure that they are willing to give you tons of it.” Nikka laughed and gave her a quick hug. “See you later.”

“Oh! And by the way, Seunghyun’s team won the basketball match this morning!” Nikka yelled with a grin before dashing out of the field.

“As if I care.” She mumbled and turned his attention back to the group of boys celebrating in the middle of the field.

 

What they like about winning this match is not just the championship trophy or the praises they received for Jihoon’s great assist and Jiyoon’s breath taking goal. The cheers from their fans and the screams and admiration of the girls are something that they liked the most. For teenagers like them, having girls’ attention is something to be proud of. Boys will be boys,  that is how their father explained it every time their mom will nag them about the numerous phone calls, fan letters, girls visiting their house and the boy talks that will sometimes last until midnight. Their father is used to stuffs like that since he has been experiencing the same since god-knows-when. Popularity is just something that their family can’t escape. With good looks and great talent, it seems like being popular is just a natural thing even if they don’t take it in front of the camera like their father.

“Hey, that was a nice goal!” Jihoon tapped his brother’s shoulders.

“I couldn’t have done it without your great assist.” Jiyoon placed his arms around Jihoon’s shoulders.

“We did it.” They said in unison. After that both of them chuckled.

“Appa, will be proud of us.” Jihoon said with a satisfied smile.

“Yeah, and of course eomma too.” Jiyoon added. “But…” He said looking at their dirty and sweaty selves.

“She will scold us if we go home like this.” They laughed after they said the same thing.

“Let’s take a shower first before we go home.” Jihoon said and turned to the direction of the shower room when suddenly two girls hug each of them and gave them a kiss on the cheeks.

“Congratulations!” The girls smiled flirtatiously before running away. The twins shook their heads with a knowing smile on their lips. They are already used to situations like that.

“Oops. I think someone is not in a good mood today.” Jiyoon said looking straight to a beautiful girl few meters away. Jihoon looked at the same direction and he smiled. He turned to his brother and both of them grinned evilly before walking towards her direction.

 

‘Yuck!’ It was the only thing that registered on Jaena’s brain when she saw those girls in skimpy school uniform kissing the twins. ‘Yuck ‘for the girls because they are so cheap and another ‘Yuck’ for the boys because they look like a complete mess with the disheveled wet hair and all those dirt around them.  All that she managed to do was to give those boys a frown when they glanced at her direction. After seeing her, they gave her that evil smile that she hated the most. ‘Oh God, give me patience and make me a channel of your peace.’ She recited the words in her brain.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

First chapter^^ Wow!I was really surprised when I woke up and found 18 subscribers! I guess a lot of you guys also love the twins, yes? no? hahaha

Thanks for the support, and  as I have mentioned, if you have any idea or random scenes in mind, feel free to tell me and I'll post it here as well :)