Smiles

Beautiful Stranger

 

Kai couldn’t be any happier. Thought Krystal told him to not tell others about her because she’s not ready to face his friends. He agreed with it and agreed to her requests. He asks her questions and if she can’t answer them, it was okay with him. They still meet at night time at the deserted park. He asked her why always at night when it’s dangerous, she said that it was because it’s the only time she can.

 

“And during daytime?”

 

“I don’t know. I’m asleep, perhaps? I always find myself alive during the night and then we meet,” she answered.

 

“Is there any place you want to go to?” He asked.

 

“I just want to be beside you,” she answered.

 

“Would you want to go to my place then?” He joked.

 

“I’m okay with that,” she said. He looked at her and saw that he was serious. They aren’t going to do anything bad. He wants her to know where he lives anyway.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“This is my place,” Kai said as he took the spare key that was hidden under the pot outside his door. “In case you want to go here, you know where my key is.”

 

He opened the door and let her in first. She looked around and saw the small apartment is. It was just enough for him.

 

“It’s a little messy, sorry,” he rubbed his nape. She just smiles and sits down on his couch.

 

They watched television. Kai kept looking at her every once in a while. He slowly placed his hand on top of hers and intertwined their fingers together. He saw her not reacting. He was about to let go when she held unto it tighter.

 

“Do you want to lie on my shoulder?” He asked her and she scooted nearer to him and rested her head on his shoulder. He just looked at her and smiled to himself.

 

Taking out his cellphone, he checked for messages, but there were none.

 

“Let’s take a picture,” Kai said.

 

Krystal panicked. He already positioned his cellphone in mid-air. She raised her hand in order to stop him but he already took a photo. He frowned when he saw Krystal blurry but he looked perfect.

 

“Sorry,” she said.

 

“You don’t want to take pictures of us?” He asked.

 

“It’s not that… it’s just that… Uhm… Polaroid!”

 

“Polaroid cameras?”

 

“Yes, I prefer them than the ones in cellphones,” she said.

 

“I’ll just buy one then.”

 

“No. It’s okay. You don’t have to.”

 

“But I want a picture of us,” he pouted.

 

“Then borrow from a friend of yours then,” she chuckled.

 

 

_*_

 

 

“Can I borrow your Polaroid camera?” Kai asked Chanyeol.

 

“I don’t have one. Ask Baekhyun,” he was answered.

 

“Can I borrow your Polaroid camera?” Kai asked Baekhyun, who was holding his Polaroid camera.

 

“It doesn’t have any films— HEY!“

 

“I’ll refill them! Thanks!” Kai said as he took it from his friend’s hand and dashed away.

 

He brought films, even if they were quite expensive, it was okay for him. Those pictures won’t get deleted. He can keep them forever.

 

 

_*_

 

 

By night time, Kai was about to go out to meet Krystal, when he was surprised to see her already standing outside his door.

 

“Oh, Krystal. I was just about to meet you,” he smiled.

 

“I decided to just go here instead,” she said.

 

“Come inside,” he let her enter and close his door. “Have you eaten?”

 

“I’m full,” she said.

 

They sat at the couch and talk with each other. Kai showed him pictures of his friends. They talked about a lot and laughed a lot too. They were even to the point that they were tickling each other and chasing each other. He hugged her and lifted her, twirling her around. She had her arms over her neck and his face so close to her. She places her on the ground and gave her a sweet kiss. Even her lips felt cold for him, but it doesn’t matter. He brought her back to the couch and they both rested for a while before Kai remembered the camera he borrowed.

 

“Hey Krystal, I borrowed my friend’s Polaroid camera and put films on it. Do you want to take pictures?”

 

“Sure, why not?”

 

Krystal, feeling hesitant, still agreed to it. Kai held the camera up and counted up to three before taking their picture together. Kai took it and let it dry before seeing the actual photo. Outcome looks beautiful. It was beautiful than what she expected. They took photos until the film ran out.

 

“Sorry. I could only afford the cheapest ones,” he said.

 

“It’s okay,” she said and looked at all the photos. “This looks good,” she pointed one with her doing the ‘v’ sign and his smirking at the camera.

 

“Do you want it?” Kai picked it up and handed it to her.

 

“No. I want you to keep it,” she said and pushed his hand back. “Write something at the back,” she said.

 

Kai looked for a pen and did what she said.

 

“Write the date today, April 8, 2012,” she said. “Then write anything you want.”

 

After doing so, Kai showed her what was written. She pushed his shoulder because of what he wrote. She then chose a different picture and Kai handed her the pen.

 

“Would you want to write something?” He asked her.

 

“Just write, April 8, 2012, Kai and Krystal then a heart,” she smiled and Kai followed.

 

They talked and talked until they both fell asleep. Kai was sure that Krystal was beside him. So when he woke up the following day, he was sad that there was no trace of her. He sighed and sat up. He saw the pictures scattered on the table, like yesterday, except that one was gone. She probably took it home, he thought.

 

 

_*_

 

 

Just like other nights, it was Krystal who would go to Kai instead of him meeting her in the park. He asked her why don’t they go to her home, but she refused, saying her family is scary. He tried to joke that he can handle any parent or family member, but Krystal still refused too.

 

On their first monthsary, Kai asked Krystal to come at 8 in the evening. He was supposed to plan a surprise dinner, but Krystal already told him not to prepare any food for that evening.

 

By 8, Kai opened the door and saw Krystal that was about t open the door. She was wearing her usual white dress, which happened to be his favorite outfit of hers now. Before she could even enter, he gave her a rose. She smiled and told him to just put it on the table because it would be bothersome for her to carry it around when she can put it down.

 

“What did you plan for tonight?” She asked.

 

“I wanted to take you to the rooftop and light fireworks, just like before.”

 

He took her hand and they both went up to the rooftop. Kai held up several sticks for them to light up.

 

“Honestly, I’m scared to hold fireworks, but I love watching them,” she said and Kai chuckled.

 

He lit up two fireworks and held it up on the air. He began playing with them as he watches Krystal who is clapping her hands at the fireworks.

 

“Krystal, my love for you sparks like these fireworks,” he said.

 

“Cheesy!” She said and they both chuckled.

 

They stayed there, playing with their hands.

 

“Krystal, I love you,” he said.

 

“It’s as if I don’t know that,” she smirked.

 

“I know. I just want to tell you that. It’s like my promise to you that I will only love you,” he smiled.

 

Krystal looked at him, who was already looking at him. Slowly, he leaned in to kiss her. Cold as always, but it’s what makes Krystal special. Unlike others whose are warm, hers are cold. Her hands that seem to perfectly fit with his.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Unedited. This is also for modeofevasion, because I promised her! ^^

 

Happy Birthday to Super Junior's Leader, Leeteuk ahjusshi! ^^