Love

Beautiful Stranger

For two weeks, the only one in his mind and heart was Krystal. All he was thinking about was her. He was scared. He was hoping he’d say yes, but he can’t avoid thinking that she might say no.

 

After the two weeks, they met again at the park with no one else. Just a small amount of light was there, but it didn’t matter to him. All he wants was to see her and give her an answer. Then he sees her, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen, wearing the same white dress that he has loved. He comes close to her and notices how pale she looks.

 

“Krystal, you’re pale,” he immediately told her as soon as he was in front of her.

 

“Kai,” she smiled and stood up. “I’ve always looked pale,” she chuckled.

 

He looked at her and wondered if she had always looked pale. Maybe he doesn’t notice it until now. There were so many things he still wants to know about Krystal. He just knows basic facts about her, but he wants to know her more, in her heart.

 

“Let’s sit down,” she said and they both did.

 

“Why do you keep coming into my life?” She asked. He was speechless and couldn’t answer it. “Why do you want me?”

 

“Because I like you,” he answered.

 

“Don’t look for me,” she said.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t be associated with me,” his heart dropped at what she said. He thought he could prepare his heart in case he would be rejected, but why wasn’t he ready? Why did it hurt like he just wants to rip his heart and throw it away?

 

“Why?”

 

“There are reasons I can’t tell you. Let’s just say that if you will be with me, people will look weirdly at you and looked down by society,” she said and stood up.

 

“I don’t care,” he said, running in front of her. She refused to look at him. She refused to let him see her eyes and see nothing.

 

“Why would I care what others think about me? Here,” he stretched out his hand and she looked at it. “Whatever you are, I’m ready to accept it. Take me to your world.”

 

Kai wanted to hold her hand, her cold hand. He knows that he needs to ask her to get the answer he wants.

 

“Krystal, how do you see me as?” He asked. “I mean, are we friends or more?”

 

“I think we should just be friends or less,” she said quite coldly.

 

She didn’t look back at him. Carefully and slowly, he took steps away from him. Kai went to her and hugged her. She tried to struggle, but she can’t. She wonders why Kai is like this. Why out of all people, it just had to be him?

 

“Krystal… Please… Don’t leave me. Don’t do this to me. Don’t I mean anything to you?” He asked with a cracking voice.

 

“Kai…”

 

“Krystal, have you ever felt that feeling that you just want to fast forward time just so you can be with that person you like? Have you ever had moments where your mind has been preoccupied because of one person? Have you ever wanted to stop time just so you can be with the one you like longer? Have you ever felt not wanting to let go?”

 

She wanted to say yes because she has a reason to live… Which shouldn’t be.

 

"Have you felt your heart beat insanely crazy and you don't know what to do? Have you felt that nothing else mattered but that one person? Do you know what it's like to be in heaven?"

 

“Kai… There are reasons I can’t tell you. It would be better for both of us, especially on your part if we don’t let our feelings grow further,” she said.

 

“I can’t, especially at this point. Krystal, I love you. You're my heaven. Please don’t do this to me. I can feel it. I can sense it. You love me too,” he said.

 

Krystal hated this. Why does she have to experience it? She wants this, but what if she hurts him in the end? No, there are no what ifs because she knows she will.

 

“I will just hurt you,” she whispered.

 

“I don’t care,” he said, tightening his hug on her. She’s cold, but he’s used to having a colder environment since being with her. He’s used to her wearing only the same white dress, her hair down falling through her beautiful pale face and her cold hands that he’s willing to warm up with his love.

 

“You can love anyone without getting hurt,” she said again.

 

“I don’t care. Love is nothing without pain. I’d rather experience amazing and wonderful moments of love with you for a short time and hurt me rather than being with someone for a long time that I’m not that happy with. I don’t think I can be happy with anyone besides you. If you’re going to hurt me, I’ll be okay. I’m willing to take the risk, as long as I can be with you.”

 

Krystal wanted to cry, but no tears can come out. Nothing can come out. She just turned and hugged him burying her head on his chest. She closed her eyes, trying to feel the things she lacks. She’s not used to this. What made Kai different from the others? What did he see in her? How can see him in a world where no one cares or sees her?

 

"If I tell you that I just want to stay with you, are you willing to accept any consequences and pain?" She asked.

 

Kai made her look into his eyes. He sees almost nothing. It was dark and he couldn't see her eyes clearly. 

 

"You're not just someone to me, Krystal. You... You're the reason I still smile no matter how bad my day goes. I love you and I'm willing to put up with everything just to be with you. As long as you're beside me, I'm okay."

 

Krystal hugged him tightly and Kai let her do so. A warm feeling came inside him. She tilted her head up and slowly, connected her lips with Kai. She has never felt this happy and this complete. She couldn't ask for anything at that moment, except to be with Kai a litle longer.

 

 

---------

 

A/N: So some of you are guessing that Krystal isn't human. Isn't she or is she?