Epilogue: I love you

Beautiful Stranger

The following day, Kai opened the door and saw Jessica standing there.

 

“Noona…”

 

“Come with me,” she said and took him to a place he never thought of going, the cemetery.

 

She dragged him out of the car and went to the grave that has the name Krystal Jung.

 

“This is her grave. I’m going to give you these,” Jessica gave her a letter and the bracelet. “I didn’t believe you when you said you were his boyfriend, but I saw this letter and the bracelet and cried. I didn’t think it was possible for Krystal to do this. I’ll give you time. I’ll be in the car,” she said.

 

He looks at the stone before  slowly touching the stone. ‘Krystal Jung. Born: October 24, 1994 Died: March: 12, 2012.’

 

He took the envelope and began to read it.

 

“Kai, when you read this, it probably means I’m gone. You must be wondering how I could have written this. This isn’t my handwriting. I had to go to someone who can sees ghosts and ask from that person to do this. It doesn’t matter now. What matters is what I’m about to say. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for showing up when I’m not supposed to, but I can’t blame you for that. I thought no one could see me, but you did. I thought it will be the first and last time, but it wasn’t. I kept wondering why you would see me when everyone did, hold me when no one could and love me when there could be someone else. I can’t explain things like this because I have no control, but if I were to live again, I wish to meet you again and be with you. I wish to love you like a normal person could, but I’m not normal. I am… I don’t know what I am. Have you ever wondered the weird looks people give you? Or the reason why I never changed my white dress? Or why I was pale and cold? Or why I could only meet you at nights? Remember when we rode the bus and the driver gave you a look? It was because he knows what I am that I don’t know.

 

Second, I would like to thank you. There are many things that I didn’t feel when I was alive than when I was with you. I rode the ferris wheel and saw fireworks. Most of all, I fell in love. Unexplainable, I could feel this feeling. I don’t know why I could fall in love. I don’t know why you could see me, hear me and hold me. But I don’t complain. You brought warm to the cold thing that is me.

 

Lastly, I love you. I know that you only heard me for the first and last time once. I’m sorry. I was afraid that if I would always tell you, it would be hard for you when I’m no longer there by your side. I wish I was alive to tell you everyday how much I love you. I love you, Kai. Please remember that. Even if we are now in different worlds, I would still love you. Meanwhile, you, you could still love again. Don’t live alone. Live happy because I would be happy to know that you’re happy. I will love you even if I’m wherever I am.

 

I LOVE YOU KAI.

 

With love, Krystal.”

 

Kai gave a deep breath. His throat hurts from trying to suppress the tears he has been holding. He was kneeling with his eyes closed. He lifted his head as more tears spilled. He felt as if Krystal was there, that familiar cold feeling was there that he could only feel when she was there. He felt as if arms were wrapped around him, embracing him and placing a kiss on his forehead.

 

“I love you, Krystal,” Kai whispered.

 

‘I love you too’ he hears, similar to Krystal’s voice. He opened his eyes to find nothing. The surroundings were empty, but he knows he is not alone, because he knows Krystal was there. A small smile was suddenly on his face at the thought of Krystal.

 

No one could explain what happened. No one knew why Krystal’s soul remained and Kai saw her. No one could say why Krystal felt so real for Kai, but invisible to everyone else. It was something could provide answers. But at the end of everything, one thing was sure. Kai still loves Krystal.

 

“Good night, Krystal,” Kai says as he his bracelet and looks at the picture of him and Krystal. He tucks himself to sleep and closed his eyes.

 

“Good night, Kai,” she whispers, but this time, he could not see her anymore. She his hair, which passes through her fingers. She was now certain that he can never see him.

 

She places a soft kiss on his lips before standing up. She looks at him for the last time before her soul leaves the face of the earth. 

 

 


 

It was more of an epilogue. Sorry it took a while. Did four stories today. XD Also busy with school and had some emotional/mental breakdown(?). It doesn't matter anyway. :p Hope you enjoyed reading this~ ^^