Love as the biggest mystery

Beautiful Stranger

It was October already, 5 months since Krystal left her and he still can’t forget about her. In his living room were the framed pictures of him and Krystal. In his cellphone was the picture where Krystal looked blurred the least. He never understood why Krystal was blurred in all her photos in his cellphone.

 

He heard the knock of his door and lazily opened it, only to be welcomed by his friend and two of his girl friends.

 

“And you brought girls because?”

 

“They’re going to set you up with one of their friends,” Joonmyun smiled.

 

“I don’t think I’m interested anymore,” Kai said and slumped on his couch.

 

“Kai, this is Taeyeon and Jessica,” he introduced. He just nodded and Joonmyun apologized. “Forgive him. He still couldn’t get over his ex girlfriend—“

 

“She was never my ex! She is still my girlfriend, whether she’s missing or not!” Kai snapped.

 

Joonmyun sighed. He was the only one who knows about this because Kai thinks he’s the only mature one who can help him at that moment.

 

“I’m sure the girl has reasons,” Jessica stated and was about to sit down when she hit her knee on the table, almost knocking down the framed picture of Kai and Krystal.

 

“Oops. I’m sorry. I almost knocked the picture of you and…” Jessica widened her eyes upon seeing the picture. Seeing the shock on her friend’s face, Taeyeon went to Jessica.

 

“Sica, what’s wrong?” Taeyeon noticed how Jessica was looking at the picture. She also gasped in surprise when she saw that familiar face with Kai on his picture frame.

 

“This girl… How do you know her?” Jessica asked Kai.

 

“Krystal? She was, no, in my heart, she is still my girlfriend,” Kai said.

 

“LIAR!” Jessica snapped at him, surprising everyone.

 

“My sister and I are like best friends. She would tell me everything, but she never told me about having a boyfriend!” Jessica cried.

 

Kai stood up because of her words. “She’s your sister? Where is she?! Do you know where she is?! Can you tell her I love her?! Please?!” He was almost pleading, tears spilling from his eyes.

 

“Don’t you know what happened to her?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“No. It’s been 5 months since she last stepped out of my life,” Kai said.

 

“Wait, 5 months?! Impossible! That can’t be,” Jessica said.

 

“It’s true. She left my apartment without a trace, leaving me with our pictures and memories,” Kai said.

 

“But Krystal died 8 months ago,” Taeyeon said.

 

Kai widened his eyes. “NO! Impossible! I held her hand! I hugged her and kissed her! How can you tell me this?!” Kai yelled.

 

“Kai, calm down. They’re still older than you!” Joonmyun said.

 

“Let him be. I understand why he’s like this. Remember the night wherein you were also set up 8 months ago?” Jessica asked. Joonmyun remembered it. Joonmyun asked for Jessica to set Kai up with someone. Jessica was supposed to let her sister go, but she ended up getting into an accident.

 

“That night, you were stood up because Krystal got into an accident. Krystal was supposed to be that girl you were supposed to meet that night,” they told him.

 

Jessica slowly took the picture from the picture, with permission of course and saw the writing on the back, dated April.

 

“But Krystal died,” Jessica said, with tears falling from her face.

 

“Sica…” they were all surprised of what was happening. They couldn’t explain what happened.

 

“Please don’t lie to me. Krystal was real! SHE IS REAL! I held her, kissed her, hugged her…” He cried.

 

“What if what you saw was a ghost?” Joonmyun said and Kai shook his head, but as memories flood his mind, he tries to put things together. “I remember someone saying that they saw you talking to nothing one night at the dance studio. They tell me you talk to yourself when you would walk towards the bus stop. Kai, have you ever tried to look at the cctv cameras here in your apartment?”

 

“If I saw them and it just shows that she was a ghost, what will I benefit from it? I don’t care if she’s a ghost. I will still love her no matter what.”

 

Silence filled the place. Jessica continued to look at the photo as tears ran down her face. Taeyeon patted her back while Joonmyun patted Kai’s back.

 

“Krystal… She was always cold when I touched her. Her eyes weren’t brown, they were black. She would always look pale too. I have always wondered why she was always in a white dress. Sometimes she has white shoes, sometimes she doesn’t. I forget about those things because I focused on the fact that I love her and we’re together. Now, I think I know why, but I don’t want to believe it because a part of me keeps her alive. I want her alive, to be beside me. Maybe it’s her time already… But I want to be selfish and have her for my own. “

 

 


 

 

A/N: Sorry for just updating this now. Yes, Krystal's a ghost. Most of you got it correct. :> Will post the Epilogue tomorrow (after I have calmed down my giddy heart)