Time's Up

Beautiful Stranger

Three months. From the day he met her and are still together, it was a total of three months. It was the best months of Kai’s life. No doubt, even his friends noticed the constant smiling their friend has been making. They knew that a girl was behind it. When they would ask him about her, all he could say that she’s not ready yet.

 

A lot of times Kai would find Krystal outside his door at night, waiting for him. Most of their nights were spend with them on his bed, lying across each other, staring each other with their hands intertwined. He would fall asleep and she would watch. He will miss the look on her face. He would wake up the following day with no trace of her, as if he was the only one in his house.

 

Sometimes it would worry him, but there would be something inside of him that would assure that she was okay. He would begin each day with a smile and end it sometimes just being with Krystal. To him, the best moments of them are the ones unspoken because the presence of Krystal is all he needs to be happy.

 

But nothing lasts forever. The night that Krystal had feared came faster than she expected. She can feel it. She can hear it.

 

“Kai,” Krystal called for his name one night. They were on his bed again and he was just about to sleep. He opened his right eye when she called for him. She was sitting up, which he didn’t even feel to happen.

 

“What do you want?” He said, sitting up and kissing her hand.

 

“You know that I love you, right?” He was surprised because it was the first time he had ever heard her say it to him.

 

“I do and I love you too,” he smiled, pulling for a short and sweet kiss. As he pulls away, he saw Krystal hung her head down.

 

“Remember that I told you that if you continued to be with me, you’ll only get hurt,” she said with her eyes closed.

 

“But you didn’t do anything that had hurt me,” he said.

 

“I’m sorry,” she said and took her hand away.

 

“What are you apologizing for?” He chuckled and her hair.

 

“Kai, I can’t be with you anymore,” she said and opened her eyes.


“What? Why?” He began to blink, tears appearing on his eyes.

 

“I have to go,” Krystal left his bed and tried to escape, but Kai grabbed him. Up to that point, Krystal can’t understand why Kai can do these things to her.

 

“Why? You know I can’t live without you. Why are you suddenly leaving?!” He cried.

 

“Because I have to! I wasn’t supposed to be here in the first place! We weren’t supposed to meet! You weren’t supposed to fall in love with me and most of all, I’m not supposed to fall in love with you too! I don’t even know why all of these happened!” She wanted to cry, but no tears fell from her face.

 

“You wouldn’t understand because I, too, can’t understand what’s happening. All I know is, I can’t be with you anymore,” she added and went out.

 

“Krystal, wait!” He tried to run after him, but as soon as he exited his room, she was gone. He was surprised because he didn’t even hear the door of his apartment open and close. He went out of his apartment and tried to see if she was still in the hallway, but she wasn’t there.

 

She was gone.

 

He went back to his apartment and immediately fell on the floor. It was so sudden. He wasn’t ready. They were just together for two months. He knew from the start that they Krystal will hurt him, but not this kind. He took the risk anyway because he loves her. He knows that she has a reason and maybe, if ever he sees her again, he will demand an explanation. But now, he couldn't think straight. He doesn't know what to do.

 

That night, he cried himself to sleep. He was just so weak from crying. It was like a few minutes ago, he had her in his arms, now she's gone until God knows when.

 

Someone watches from afar and a faint whisper of 'I'm sorry' blew through the cold night. She was sorry that it just had to happen this way. She doesn't want to leave him without having to let him know what she feels, because as hard as it is to believe and explain, she does love Kai. She loves him so much.

 

 

 

A/N: Last two chapters ahead. :> Sorry I had to break it. It also broke my heart while writing this. :(