Again

Beautiful Stranger

 

They meet a second time when Kai ended his dance class. He was cooling off while the rest of his classmates already left. The place was about to close for the night when he saw her on the hallway.

 

“Krystal,” he spoke.

 

She turned and smiled. It was weird seeing her in that placed, especially dressed in a white long dress. Again. She wasn’t even wearing shoes.

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

 

“Can’t I be here?” She chuckled. It was like music to his ears. “Are you free already? Can you be with me for tonight?” Without actually waiting for his answer, she held his hand and dragged him out of the place.

 

He held a stick of firework in his hand. He watched her smile at its light. He forgets all his problems with her. It was weird how this was just their second encounter, but it’s like they have known each other for so long already. All he knows is that being with her is wonderful, that every moment spent with her is a moment he treasures.

 

Time passes and they were just on top of a small hill, gazing at the stars. They were lying side by side. His outfit had been dirtied by the ground mixed with his sweat, while Krystal’s white dress seems to be untouched and clean. She turns and flashes a smile. He looks at her and sits up.

 

“Your outfit is still so white. Isn’t that creepy?” He teased, but Krystal just stands up.

 

“I need to go home,” she said.

 

“It’s late already,” he said. “Let me take you home.” She shakes her head and refuse for him to do it.

 

“Just take me to the bus stop,” she answered.

 

They just walked. There was a distance between them. But Kai can’t help but feel as if he was just walking alone, but when he would turn to his right, there she was, walking along. It feels weird that he already feels something very much about her, but he doesn’t even know anything about her except her name.

 

“We’re here,” she says. They stand in silence and a bus is nearing them. “I will leave the moment you get in your bus.”

 

“But—“

 

“I’ll be fine,” she said. Her voice made him flinch. She apologizes and lowers her head.

 

“Hey, just smile. You look the best when you smile,” he said and smiled too. She slowly rises up her head and he saw the smile plastered on her face. In his mind, he photographed it. He took out his phone and captured her face.

 

The bus came already and opened up. As soon as he was sure he captured her face, he placed his phone back into his pocket without having to save it. He went inside the bus and waved at her. He took a seat and tried to look back where she was standing, but it surprised him when he saw that she was gone. He checked to see if there was a girl wearing a white dress, but there was no trace of her.

 

He took his cellphone to look at Krystal again, but he was disappointed when he wasn’t able to capture her smiling face. The picture was blurry. He can only blame his self for the ugly picture. At least in his mind, the face of a smiling Krystal was there.

 

_*_

 

 

He saw her again this time. It was late at night and the park was empty. She sits on the farthest bench of the park. He just knows it’s her because she’s wearing the same white dress with shoes this time. He doesn’t know why she doesn’t change her outfit, but he doesn’t complain because even if she’ll probably in rags, he would still find her beautiful.

 

“Krystal,” he called and she raised her head.

 

“Hey,” she smiles weakly.

 

“It’s been a week since we last saw each other,” he said, taking the seat beside her.

 

“Sometimes I don’t know what day it is. It’s like I fall asleep, not knowing the time and date and I wake up and I see you,” she said.

 

“Are you in a coma?” He chuckled, but Krystal was being serious. He sensed it and coughed to ease the awkward tension.

 

“What do you want to do?” He asked.

 

“I want to go on a road trip in the middle of the night until the sun rises,” she answered.

 

“But I still don’t have my license yet,” he said.

 

“I was just kidding,” she chuckled. “But I want to go and ride the Ferris wheel at night, when no one’s looking.”

 

As impossible as it sounds, he’s willing to do it. “Give me three nights,” he said.

 

“That was a joke.”

 

“But I want you to feel it. Plus, the thrill that it’s just you and me on a Ferris wheel with no one else sounds romantic, isn’t it?”

 

He and she looked away. He wanted to put that stray her of hers behind her hair, but she took a step back.

 

“I don’t like being touched by other people,” she reasoned out and he nodded.

 

The night was spent with them sharing jokes and laughter and learning about each other. Kai would admit he was falling so much for her. The way she smiles was beautiful and the way how she can be blank at moments. He also learned that she grew up from the US and moved to Korea. She spoke English and he can’t help but smile as his heart flutter at those words he doesn’t understand much. But he knows it sounds so good to hear it from her.

 

“It’s getting late,” he said.

 

“Sure. Same bus stop,” she said and the same thing happened. He would say goodbye to her before entering the bus and by the time he finds a seat, he finds her nowhere. It worries him about her, but there was a feeling in his heart like she was just there at the bus also. He turned at his left and even hallucinated that Krystal was there. He shakes his head and prepares to take a short nap before arriving at his place.

 

 


 

 

Updated today because I'm not sure I can tomorrow~ :> Please, also check out that I coauthored with one of my dongsaengs for an exo drabble collection: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/222145/of-love-and-commitment-drabbles-fluff--you-exo-exok-exom ^^